Restart session bug...you HAVE to be kidding me?!?

United States
Daytona Beach
sloppysmusic
As detailed in my earlier post about downshift problems, I restarted the session after finishing 11/12, qualified first in the second session by half a second, uploaded the video showing my time then pressed continue to race.

Except....I'm 11th on the grid!! Does this mean that restarting qualifying lets you waste 15 mins of your life getting a better time but then continues to just use the first qualifying session ANYWAY?!?
DESPITE 'warning' you when you select RESTART SESSION that 'all previous progress would be lost'? Should say 'all future progress will be lost'.

f91iq

Has this happened to anyone else?

NOTES:
This is the first time I restarted a qualify so have no prior here.
AFTER bad qualify I took videos of the downshift problems.
Restarted session,
AFTER good qualify took videos of GOOD hot lap. During the 15 minute replay game displayed 30 mins to go at top of screen?
All driver times at left of screen seemed to have nothing to do with what was on the screen. (You can see them several times in this video at end especially)

It should just NOT be possible to qualify first then to be able to go back to a previous sessions results even if you TRIED!

Before this race I was leading by 9 points in the championship with 2nd guy now in 2nd on grid. So I need to finish no less than 2 or 3 places below to win the series I think.
I'm going to dirty race and ram my way thru the field as now I cant go back and use my pole position. It's sad it's come to using GT Sport winning tactics.....

EDIT: Came 4th cleanly despite downshift issue meaning I overshot about 8 corners during the race, 2nd guy finished 3rd. Won series by 7 points.
Back to GT Sport now until this patch maybe fixes an unplayable career.

Below is my hot lap finishing first IGNORED by the game.

Last edited:
I've restarted qualifying a few times and never had a problem.

"I'm going to dirty race and ram my way thru the field as now I cant go back and use my pole position. It's sad it's come to using GT Sport winning tactics....."

Those aren't Gt sport tactics, that's online public lobby tactics.

I have had a similar thing in races themselves. Having lost the final race of the season, and not wanting to go through the whole championship again, I restarted the race and won it. All happy until the results page displayed, surprise surprise it showed the results (and awarded the points) from the first race.

In my experience:
- If I restart a session before it ends and the results are displayed, the restarted session's results count.
- If I restart after the results have been displayed, it's a waste of time - only the original results stand.

I have had a similar thing in races themselves. Having lost the final race of the season, and not wanting to go through the whole championship again, I restarted the race and won it. All happy until the results page displayed, surprise surprise it showed the results (and awarded the points) from the first race.

In my experience:
- If I restart a session before it ends and the results are displayed, the restarted session's results count.
- If I restart after the results have been displayed, it's a waste of time - only the original results stand.

Wow. So the restart only counts if you don't have enough patience to actually try 100% for the entire original session? If you restart after one bad lap over and over until you beat the ai (cheating basically) then the game is fine with it? This is one serious bug surely.

I've restarted qualifying a few times and never had a problem.

"I'm going to dirty race and ram my way thru the field as now I cant go back and use my pole position. It's sad it's come to using GT Sport winning tactics....."

Those aren't Gt sport tactics, that's online public lobby tactics.

Played a lot of daily races plus FIA races have you? Played a lot of gran turismo against ai for last 20 years? Just checking!

HOW DO YOU MERGE POSTS? I'M ON A TABLET ITS HARD TO SEE WHAT'S GOING ON WHEN USING KEY BOARD CANT EVEN SEE THE SCREE WHEN I TYPE

That's really strange because I restart all the time and I've never ever experienced this. Are you sure you finished the qualifying session?

Also, I've seen this "allow restart" option somewhere in career. Could that have something to do with it?

Also, are you SURE you qualified 2nd? I saw the video you showed and it doesn't show you qualified 2nd. There's like 19 minutes left in the session.

I had a race where I was put in the wrong grid position before (mid-pack instead of pole where I qualified), restarting the race fixed it.

That's really strange because I restart all the time and I've never ever experienced this. Are you sure you finished the qualifying session?

Also, I've seen this "allow restart" option somewhere in career. Could that have something to do with it?

Also, are you SURE you qualified 2nd? I saw the video you showed and it doesn't show you qualified 2nd. There's like 19 minutes left in the session.

I qualified FIRST by over half a second. Ran the whole 15 minute session. There was my name at the top! The video you see explains the other point I made. Replays are weird! Those stats on screen bear NO resemblance at all to whats going on in the video. 19 mins remaining?!? It's a 15 minute session!!

Back