Revised Group 3 and 4 cars?

I agree that the competitive classes need a refresh on the line-up with new vehicle additions, but I don't vouch on removing vehicles. Isn't it better to have more cars? That means more options for people to go with.

That said, I'd love to see more drivetrain options for Gr.4 with the manufacturers competing in FIA. Make it so the brands have counter pick options when the circuit benefits a certain drivetrain.

More RWD Gr.4 sedans(4-door sedans)
7206423517968990740_0.jpg

7359545898859234844_0.jpg

Again, I tend not to rule out the possibility that perhaps Audi (or any manufacturer for that matter) preferred for PD to use a more current version. Not saying PD couldn't have deemed it fit but again (and I only strictly stick to the GT3s since those are the ones that really stick out in terms of inconsistency regarding how up to date they are) its rather notable that it didn't get bought to GTS even as base content while the other three (two of which are by far the oldest of the bunch by the games release in 2017) did. Also worth looking at the GT7 trailers and noticing that the Toyota FT1 VGT doesn't have its GR.3 livery from GTS but its default color from the original (likewise, the complete lack of Toyota 86 GR.4 but a very obvious appearance from the Supra GR.4 that was exclusive to the survey). Seems to tell me that PD can and WILL replace or get rid of cars if they choose (Especially if a Manufacturer wants them to)

Frankly, all I'm seeing is practically the same model but at a higher resolution (and an actual livery) as I simply don't see as big a jump as you make with many of the details. Odds are the whole "Future proofing" comment that Kaz made indicates that they simply downgraded the model for use on the PS3 game while being able to use it in its unaltered form for the PS4. I wouldn't be shocked if this ends up cut from GT7 though.
Just to move the convo here. Another car that got replaced, was the MAzda6/Atenza TC.
1641780040947.png

1641780057949.png

Would be interesting if they did bring back both(only in name) older versions.

Just because we have the new version, doesn't mean the 2015 one has to be replaced. The same way GT6 did have the R8 LMS and the R8 LMS ultra (2010 and 2012 respectively). Unless Audi wants PD to get rid of it, which they don't win anything by doing so, then it's in the game either way. And just because a car isn't present in the trailers, doesn't mean it's not making a comeback.
Then explain why it was interestingly the R8 LMS out of those GT3s I mentioned for GT6 (Again all base content and NOT DLC) that didn't get carried over like the others despite being of similar quality. Also, the part in bold is a point I made in a previous post: If a manufacturer decides it wants the newest model instead of the older one, then PD would have to oblige.

As for that last part:

GT2_Prerelease_-_Mercedes-Benz_CLK_GTR.jpg

Front and center in promo material, yet never ended up in the game.
Those models were improved for GTS. Too much work for them to be "fillers". If they wanted fillers, they would have brought back every GT6 Premium and not touch them at all, but the difference in quality certainly made a difference.
You seem to have this idea that I am making PD out to be lazy when I am not simply based on me using the word. Just because they are more detailed doesn't mean they aren't fillers, in fact you left out the part of my post where I said they were fillers before they had proper choices. Filler isn't necessarily a bad word, this entire class system was something and filling it out initially meant bringing back cars and remodeling them.

Point I have been making and sticking to is PD can and will replace cars if they choose whether you want to believe it or not. Having a 2015 car replace the previous 2012 version doesn't exactly gel with the Quality argument when said car was to the exact same standard as the other three cars it was in the same game with. It may not make sense to you but to PD as been seen with other questionable decisions, it was their choice. This has gone on long enough and it's going nowhere so this is my last reply as I am just ending it here.

Last edited:
I really think they should add a Touring Car class. I guess in GTS nomenclature it might be "Gr.5" . It's wild that with the FiA license they haven't already.

One cool idea I was thinking is -- since touring cars are (by regulation) meant to be initially factory-spec cars (BTCC and WTCC) but with specific modifications, PD could integrate the touring car class with the tuning/customisation shop. So you could take a factory Honda Civic and turn it from a road to touring car.

Last edited:
Then explain why it was interestingly the R8 LMS out of those GT3s I mentioned for GT6 (Again all base content and NOT DLC) that didn't get carried over like the others despite being of similar quality. Also, the part in bold is a point I made in a previous post: If a manufacturer decides it wants the newest model instead of the older one, then PD would have to oblige.

As for that last part:

View attachment 1105209

Front and center in promo material, yet never ended up in the game.

You seem to have this idea that I am making PD out to be lazy when I am not simply based on me using the word. Just because they are more detailed doesn't mean they aren't fillers, in fact you left out the part of my post where I said they were fillers before they had proper choices. Filler isn't necessarily a bad word, this entire class system was something and filling it out initially meant bringing back cars and remodeling them.

Point I have been making and sticking to is PD can and will replace cars if they choose whether you want to believe it or not. Having a 2015 car replace the previous 2012 version doesn't exactly gel with the Quality argument when said car was to the exact same standard as the other three cars it was in the same game with. It may not make sense to you but to PD as been seen with other questionable decisions, it was their choice. This has gone on long enough and it's going nowhere so this is my last reply as I am just ending it here.
You still don't understand that "carried over" means something stays unchanged, which isn't the case in any of the cars that got into GTS. The fact that many cars added on updates, were already from GT6, and didn't make it in time for launch, shows you that cars weren't simply ported over. Said that, the R8 LMS ultra would have needed to be updated to some extent, like any other Premium that came back to GTS (they were all updated). Why wasn't the R8 LMS part of those cars? Only PD knows, maybe the 2015 model was modeled before they even touched on the 2012, so, with the newer model, they didn't spend any more resources on the older one (if it was as simple as carrying it over, they would have done it for many cars, as that would buff the car count at launch, which was one of the biggest complaints about the game). You keep going back to the R8, yet there were many more cars that never came back from GT6, they weren't replaced, and licenses weren't the issue either.

GT6 cars weren't deemed suitable for GTS (quality wise). GTS cars are suitable for GT7. This means every car in GTS does not need an update, so they can simply be carried over. So PD won't leave out cars willingly (limiting the car count), unless they are obliged to (licensing). Is it possible that it may happen to one or two cars? Yes. Is it expected? Not really. Brands don't win anything by limiting their own car rosters in a racing game. And I don't think brands care that much about it either. Why? Because if they did, they would rather see their latest, current production cars in a game, to work as marketing (which is not the case in GT).

Either way, this whole thing started with speculation, based on assumptions. The game can have the older and the newer model anyway, so there's no real advantage to anyone involved (PD, brand, players) to scrap the old to get the new.

One cool idea I was thinking is -- since touring cars are (by regulation) meant to be initially factory-spec cars (BTCC and WTCC) but with specific modifications, PD could integrate the touring car class with the tuning/customisation shop. So you could take a factory Honda Civic and turn it from a road to touring car.
I think that realistically-speaking, the closest we'll get to that isn't so much a new class, complete with BoP, but rather other regulations, such as those placed on which vehicles can be used, on PP, power and weight, and so on. It'd be great if we saw some Sport Mode races that played with these metrics, or at least gave us more race customization in lobbies.

I feel like Group 4 should be split up into sub categories depending on drivetrain layout. Maybe get the Group B cars in the mix somehow too.

My main gripe with Group 3 is that it just needs more up to date cars from a lot of the manufacturers.

Last edited:
Gr.4 is more Super Taikyu, than GT4 minus the GT3 and super mini(Fit, Demio) cars.
Exactly mixing the 4WD, RWD and FWD classes. Easy fix to award separate class wins and overall win.

Current GT4 manufacturer list, as per the GT4 European Series.

Jumped in the Safety Car to get a baseline for tuning. All cars have race suspension and the proper aero. Engine specs and weight, are stock. Some have the optional roll cages(amazing the Supra has one fitted, but not the race car). Cayman is the oddball. Fitted SH tyres, but obviously it defaults to slicks. Meanwhile, the ZL1 comes standard with SM. Set torque split, in the R8, to 5:95.
Should be fun, once I sort their performance.

Back