RIP Mr. Eiji Toyoda.

• Thread starter Ranman20
  • 19 comments
United States
Prince George's
Team-Piggysmalls
You will be missed, even if your not a fan of scion or Lexus, you have to admire his work.

Bloomberg:
"He died today at Toyota Memorial Hospital in Toyota City, Japan, the company said in a statement. The cause was heart failure.
During his 57-year career, the younger cousin of Toyota Motor’s founder helped reshape a maker of Chevrolet knockoffs into an automaker whose manufacturing efficiency became the envy of General Motors Corp. (GM) and Ford Motor Co. By the time he stepped down in 1994, the company was assembling Corollas in the U.S., had started the Lexus luxury brand and had initiated a project that would develop the world’s most successful gas-electric vehicle, the Prius.
“He played an important role in leading Toyota’s expansion into North America, and in developing the carmaker into a global company,” Japan’s Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga, said at a press conference in Tokyo. “He was someone who was indispensable to the nation’s entire industry.”
Toyoda was a cousin of Kiichiro Toyoda, the founder of the company that bears a slightly altered version of the family’s name. He was one of six presidents to come from the family."

Source: http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/20...ned-toyota-into-export-giant-dies-at-100.html

Wow,Sad day. First Hiroshi Yamauchi, now Eiji Toyoda. RIP.

Jerome

:( Sad day, another legendary figure in the auto industry has passed. He will be missed.

R.I.P Mr. Toyoda :(

Rest in Peace to one of the famed innovators in the field of automobile industry ever. :(

Win-a-Toy-Yoda.jpg

Not trying to be disrespectful, just remembered this story...

I've always said I'd rather have a real ota than a toy ota. Even if I don't know what an ota is.

Back