Road Atlanta is Coming to Gran Turismo 7 in November 24 Update

• Thread starter alex511
  • 245 comments
An important point about confirming Road Atlanta. At the end of GT Sport's life, miners located data on GT Sport and leaked information that Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Grand Valley, Red Rock Valley and Tokyo R246 would appear in the future of the franchise, or in the GT Sport, or in the GT7.

As it all indicates, everything is being confirmed. Apparently the next circuit will be Grand Valley, Red Rock Valley or Tokyo R246. Furthermore, it is highly suspicious that these circuits will be the remaining circuits to complete the full roster of GT7 tracks.

Last edited:
An important point about confirming Road Atlanta. At the end of GT Sport's life, miners located data on GT Sport and leaked information that Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Grand Valley, Red Rock Valley and Tokyo R246 would appear in the future of the franchise, or in the GT Sport, or in the GT7.

As it all indicates, everything is being confirmed. Apparently the next circuit will be Grand Valley, Red Rock Valley or Tokyo R246. Furthermore, it is highly suspicious that these circuits will be the remaining circuits to complete the full roster of GT7 tracks.
Red Rock Valley is my favorite track of the entire series followed by a tie between Tokyo R246/Rome so I can't wait to see that one next.

Also glad to see Road Atlanta as I now have a new track to do custom races on. Hoping they increased payout for those aswell.

This new track is great news :)

About 25th anniversary "ideas", iconic cars from previous GT would have been great for sure. Another thing that would be cool for nostalgia, and might be less work for PD, is to add some "classic Gran Turismo" events with cars/livery that were in first opus (like this guy does with custom race on some of his videos :
or ...).

But somehow the haters will still find a way to attack PD for daring try a new track....but they're the ones saying they're tired of the same old Nissan GT cars and wanting more variety....

Well we don't know what it has until it releases so why claim it's not special...sounds like you're just trying to hate on PD despite them actually listening to fans...

Also the Toyota GT-One is a classic ,.it's been there since GT1 and 2....
Actually the Toyota GT-One appeared first in GT2

GT Sport's database also houses grandcanyon_ps2, permanent_01_WTF, test_fishermans_ranch, test_bake01, test_movie01, test_tsukuba_grass, laguna_WTF, and test_mulligan_02. What gets spread publicly is just a cherrypicked, filtered list of many courses that the developers have dabbled with. Yes, some of them end up being real, but that's barely 10% of what's even in there.

Remember that GT5 had fully functional versions of almost every single track from GT4, yet none of them were ever released in any official capacity. What I'm getting at here is - don't hold your breath.

GT Sport's database also houses grandcanyon_ps2, permanent_01_WTF, test_fishermans_ranch, test_bake01, test_movie01, test_tsukuba_grass, laguna_WTF, and test_mulligan_02. What gets spread publicly is just a cherrypicked, filtered list of many courses that the developers have dabbled with. Yes, some of them end up being real, but that's barely 10% of what's even in there.

Remember that GT5 had fully functional versions of almost every single track from GT4, yet none of them were ever released in any official capacity. What I'm getting at here is - don't hold your breath.

Not to mention so many assest from PS1 days making it into GT5 files even GT Psp.

Glad to see a new track. Not familiar with Road Atlanta. From the track map it looks like a boring Hockenheim, and the onboard didn't really fill me with excitement.
I'm hoping driving it in game will feel a lot better and that the racing on it will change my mind.

17th most requested. ;)
Pikes Peak Hill Climb is still the most requested/voted/liked.
I am stunned that there are people who actually like Yas Marina, and not that many fewer than like Road Atlanta!

i1gmrgnWoAQQihH.jpg
i1oxKm2S75y1I.jpg
i1lqdsg9WnTyJ7c.jpg
i1fsG1Cv2jm1VW.jpg
i1svns7J359EW8c.jpg
i17gU73K3l0nvW.jpg

Just watched an onboard video of a GT3 RS running on Road Atlanta, seems like a fun track to me.
It's a very satisfying track to drive. I've only driven it in Forza but I didn't quite like the physics and AI in Forza although I love the track and the elevation changes.

I was thinking I would have to wait until the new Forza Motorsports before I could drive that track in a game again. So, this is a nice surprise to me.

There is literally no mention of weather in general, just general information about the track. How about waiting until tomorrow before getting bent out of shape? :)
If they did that they'd have to admit maybe this time PD listened to the fans and gave us things we asked for.....it's more popular to hate on GT7 before even seeing the update

Probably mostly down to exposure. Anyone who watches F1 knows Yas Marina but Road Atlanta is only going to be known in the more niche motorsports, or other games. I am kinda surprised how few know about it here though.
Yes, I was thinking that the votes for tracks among GT players are going to be hugely affected by a lot of players not having driven them in other games. I only know a lot of these tracks from FM7, but a lot of playstation owners won't have played that, as they won't own an Xbox or gaming PC. For example, I like Lime Rock a lot, but it's nowhere on the list of tracks people want, and I'd guess a large proportion of GT players have never driven the track in a game.

The track has been in gaming as far back as 1999, in games like Sports Car Gt & Test Drive Le Mans and many more since then.

Yes, I was thinking that the votes for tracks among GT players are going to be hugely affected by a lot of players not having driven them in other games. I only know a lot of these tracks from FM7, but a lot of playstation owners won't have played that, as they won't own an Xbox or gaming PC. For example, I like Lime Rock a lot, but it's nowhere on the list of tracks people want, and I'd guess a large proportion of GT players have never driven the track in a game.
Still, interesting many don’t watch any type of racing on YouTube, for any type of reference.

I may be in the minority but I wouldn't mind having a few more oval tracks, like we only have the oval at Daytona and the Special X course .......I'd like to see Talladega and maybe Michigan...both would be fast and open the way to adding stock cars from nascar...

I may be in the minority but I wouldn't mind having a few more oval tracks, like we only have the oval at Daytona and the Special X course .......I'd like to see Talladega and maybe Michigan...both would be fast and open the way to adding stock cars from nascar...
there's also the Bristol clone, north island or something like that.

But yeah, having a smaller than Daytona but bigger than Bristol oval would be nice. Michigan, Atlanta, Darlington (please!!), or even Martinsville

Back