Swiss Alps 2 (2 Lap Race)
Arcade Hyundai Accent Rally Car
0% power 300bhp
and -10 weight 1107kg
Set AI to + 5
Set number of laps 2 in Options
Any top speed setting

Save your best 'CLEAN' replay
100% No wall contacts at all or restart!
100% No AI contacts or restart!

Feel free to discuss all sectors
'Do not discuss total laptimes and Total Racetime'
Please PM your final time to me before the deadline
Deadline = 12:00 noon GMT Saturday 13th May

-SCHEDULE-
ARCSchedule.jpg

Dumb question time :dunce:

If the AI rams me from behind, is that considered AI contact?

Depends how tough you guys want this race to be :P there's a fail rate with 100% clean and no AI contacts and it is doable for sure but lots of restarts to get the best start and thread the needle ;)

Or we can allow the contact flat on the ass which will cut the crap and get more races in the bag? I prefer the 100% no contact with AI personally as its more challenging and looks better in replay :D

I will let a few more guys post there opinions regarding this and edit the title accordingly if the majority vote it in ... still it would have to be a flat contact with the rear bumper and no other part of the car if it does get the vote :tup

I've got an otherwise clean save, where I'm well and truly past the AI, and he hits my left-rear corner ever so gently in the first turn. I didn't even notice it until I watched the replay. My car doesn't change direction, I can't see any change on the speedo, and there's no impact sound ...

IMG0049.jpg

I'll wait and see what everyone thinks, and I'll be happy to go with what the majority decides 👍

I pass the AI clean on the very first bend averaging about 1 out of 3 attempts :)

Mr P
I pass the AI clean on the very first bend averaging about 1 out of 3 attempts :)
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Luxy
Yeah, same here.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I can pass the Subaru '03 clean at the back straight averaging about 1 out of 3 attempts. :)
I would prefer we keep the NO touch rule. Nice and simple. It may give some more restarts, but it'll happen within the first half minute of the race.

First races:

1'19.040

1'14.830

I bloody hope to cut at least 4 secs. :dopey:

Nice car. Nice track. 👍

Same for me Niels, I pass the suby on the back straight.

Nailing him on the first turn is crazy!:crazy:

Haven't got any sectors yet as I've only finished 2 races and none worth mentioning yet :)

What AI are you running against, Ron?

I'm against the Renault 5 Turbo. I'm getting past him by starting a bit slowly, letting him cut across to the right, then passing him on the left into the first turn. If I stay tight to the inside, he comes up behind me, then backs off giving me an easy run from that point on. The trick is keeping tight enough to make him back off with enough speed not to get hit.

I am against the Subaru 03 and its a dash to the first turn but if held tight enough you can slide around turn 1 and take about 1/2 a sec off him for turn 2 👍

I tried against the Renault but it was pushing me into the right hand side wall and I dont fancy holding back for any AI as the lap 1 has to be as fast as possible! ......... I'll stick with the Suby ;)

My best T2's are 54.9 and 50.0 but unfortunately in my save they are ...

55.1 and 51.2 .... lap 2 is too much pressure when I blaze lap 1 as always :P will work at it some more 👍

Best save now has 55.0 and 50.7 ...... chopping it down gradually 👍

... BUT DAMN!!! ....... I suck at lap 2 :P

NielsG
That din't hold me back, Kel. :D

Ok, got a race that has 1 tiny AI touch :guilty:

1'18.280

1'13.516

Then I've got a totally clean save with these...

1'18.412

1'14.500

Having a few problems with a couple of bends, my aim is to get to the same time as my AI touch race which is 2.2 seconds faster :ouch:

Just completed my first session. Got exactly one clean replay to save. :P
But had fun getting it, and at least I have a clean one in the bag. :)
BTW what is everyone using for gears. I used 250, because it seems that's what I used for the warmup.
Splits......lap 1 is slow by .5 and lap 2 is a major suck d'blow by almost a second to my best. :ouch:

L1- 33.737/56.234/1'17.525
L2- 29.462/51.871/1'13.146

lotus350
Ok, got a race that has 1 tiny AI touch :guilty:

1'18.280

1'13.516

Then I've got a totally clean save with these...

1'18.412

1'14.500

Having a few problems with a couple of bends, my aim is to get to the same time as my AI touch race which is 2.2 seconds faster :ouch:

Thanks for sharing, Kel. :cheers:

Looks like I'm gonna work with the right-left complex after the bridge. Losing half a second there.

Hmm... someway it's not a surprise. It has always been one of my problem areas in either directions. :boggled:

so again it is proved that i scuk at rallying in gt4.
hope next time pd will take the rally engine off mobil rallyechampionship.
but i will be strong and submit altho the times are horrible. i WILL finish this series. I WILL finish this series. I WILL FINISH this series. :banghead:

39.548 - 1.07.818 - 1.32.019
32.658 - 59.003 - 1.23.330

i dont want to hear it!

edited after reversing the track (thanks niels)
EDIT submitted to P because i want to keep it nice between gt4, the boards and myself :ill:

great combo, never done a multi lap rally event, this is gonna be interestingly fun driving

had a long and frustrating 2.5 hour session and ended up managing

1'15.596

1'11.784

i got a little scared on the second last corner and lost .4 ish in that turn, but my opening lap was my p.b by like .5secs. time submitted

That's a very, very nice first lap Dan 👍 Any suggestions for getting past the Subaru cleanly? I still haven't been able to get it :(

yes, use the subura as ur ai weapon of choice, use 200 top speed, then start in 2nd gear at not quite red limiter revs, as u dont wanna wheel spin straight away, u want initial traction to try and get as close or sometimes u can be alongside the bastard as u take the first turn. but b4 that, change to 3rd gear at high 50's km/h, or well after the gear has maxed out, as if u change to soon u'll **** it up and get bogged down. i try and take it normally, the first turn, and yeah, every 1 in 3 turns i get it right,

Yes I forgot to mention I was starting in 2nd gear also :P I am using 210 though and will try 200 tonight 👍

Interesting ... thanks guys :)

I've been starting in 1st gear, but letting it bounce off the rev limiter until I get to about 60kph (it redlines at 30kph in first). I get alongside the Subaru, but if I stay tight, he comes around the outside and turns into me. If I go a little wider, he bumps me from the inside.

I'll give it a go in 2nd and see what happens :)

1'19.748

1'13.351

Lousy first lap, but a great second one after my standards.

Finally got a good, clean race, thanks mainly to Ron & Dan's good advice :cheers: Starting in second works like a charm. It took me a little bit to figure out that I have to go in a little hot, then brake again to avoid getting run over, but once I got that figured out, it's not to tough to keep it clean. I'm running with 210kph top speed. I tried 200, but it felt like I was spinning the tires a bit more easily.

1'15.7

50.5 (have seen 50.1)
1'11.6 (have seen 1'11.4)

The replay gives me a heart attack every time I watch it. In the first corner, the Subaru comes into the frame, gets within a foot of my bumper, then backs off.

Great sectors Luxy 👍 I ended up running the NSX in the GCR6 at gt.de tonight chasing our resident aliens 1st place time :P ... but hope to get back on this soon and see if I can catch up with you 2 ;)

Blazin times well done :cheers:

very impessive splits from u luxy, i know i lost .3ish in the last sector, so u may have me, depending on ur last secxtor efforts for both laps, well done

Thanks guys :cool: My last sector on both laps felt pretty solid, but I don't really know. Both laps were personal bests. I'll be biting my nails waiting for the results, that's for sure :scared:

Here're some pics ...

IMG0079.jpg

IMG0064.jpg

IMG0068.jpg

IMG0060.jpg

IMG0074.jpg

Back