RPG Games for the PS3

Digital-Nitrate

1955-2011 R.I.P.
Premium
United States
Austin, Texas
D-Nitrate / GTP_DNitrate
I always had the belief there weren't many RPG games for the PS3, but motivated by a recent thread about Demon's Soul I did some looking around not only are there more than I had expected, but a lot more coming up... some of which look like they could be truly amazing! 👍

So I decided to do a quick Google search on finding lists of RPG games for the PS3, as well as browsed through the list of PS3 (disc based) games on Wiki, to see what others have listed as RPG games for the PS3 and what is coming out. I also came across another ranking site that does it by genre, and lists several RPG games for the PS3, but not all of them.

I thought I would start this thread for others who like RPG games, but may not be familiar with what's available for the PS3.

I'll try and keep this first post updated:

Here is how MetaCritic ranks some, but not all of them:
  1. 93 The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Bethesda / 2K Games - NA: 2007/3/20
  2. 91 Fallout 3 - Bethesda / Bethesda - NA: 2008/10/28
  3. 87 Valkyria Chronicles - (Sega / Sega) - NA: 2008/11/4
  4. 86 The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles - Bethesda / 2K Games - NA: 2007/11/20
  5. 86 The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine - Bethesda / 2K Games - NA: 2007/3/20
  6. 81 Eternal Sonata - Tri-Crescendo / Namco - NA: 2008/10/21
  7. 78 Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Nippon / Nippon - NA: 2008/8/26
  8. 78 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Raven Software / Activision - 2006/11/17
  9. 75 Folklore - Game Republic / Sony - NA: 2007/10/9
  10. 64 Enchanted Arms - From Software / Ubisoft - NA: 2007/4/3
  11. 58 Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom - Sony / Sony - NA: 2006/11/15
  12. 57 Rise of the Argonauts - Liquid Ent. / Codemasters - NA: 2009/12/16
Then there are the ones that have been released in Japan:
  1. Demon's Soul - From Software / Sony - JP: 2009/2/5 - NA: TBA 2009
  2. Ryu Ga Gotoku: Kenzan / (Yakuza Kenzan) - Amusement Vision / Sega - JP: 2008/3/6 - NA: ?
  3. Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 (Yakuza 3) - Amusement Vision / Sega - JP: 2009/2/26 - NA: ?
  4. White Knight Chronicles - Level 5 / Sony - JP: 2008/12/28 - NA: TBA 2009
  5. X-Edge (Cross Edge) - Capcom, Nippon, Namco, Gust / Idea Factory - JP: 2008/9/25 - NA: 2009/5/20
In addition, the following are coming out soon:
  1. Sacred 2: Fallen Angel - Ascaron / Deep Silver - NA: 2009/5/20
    • While Sacred 2 didn't exactly get rave reviews when it came out last year on PC, but the good news is that it appears a lot of the negative criticism it received was due to being very buggy... and with six months of additional development time, perhaps it will be much better.
Then there is the list of PS3 RPG games that are said to be, either officially or unofficially, in development:
  1. Alpha Protocol - Obsidian / Sega - NA: 2009/10/?
  2. Amphibian Man - KDV Games / TBA - NA: TBA 2009
  3. Angel Rings - Sony / Sony - TBA
  4. Dark RPG - From Software / TBA - Canceled?
  5. Dark Cloud 3 - Level 5 / Sony - NA: TBA
  6. Dragon Age: Origins (BioWare)
  7. Elveon (10tacle Studios)
  8. End of Eternity (tri-Ace)
  9. Final Fantasy Versus XIII (Square Enix)
  10. Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix)
  11. Last Rebellion - Nippon Ichi & Hit Maker / Nippon Ichi - NA: TBA 2009
  12. The Last Remnant
  13. The Lord of the Rings, The White Council (EA)
  14. Makai Wars (Nippon Ichi)
  15. Master Project (Takuyo)
  16. Monster Hunter 3 (Capcom)
  17. Omikron 2 (Quantic Dream)
  18. Project D (MichaelSoft)
  19. Shin Megami Tensei (Atlus)
  20. Tales of Vesperia (Namco)
  21. Trinity Universe - Nippon Ichi / Idea Factory - JP: 8/2009 NA: TBA
  22. Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll - Omega Force - TBA
  23. Untitled Kingdom Hearts RPG (Square Enix)
  24. Untitled Persona RPG (Atlus/Square Enix)
  25. Untitled Steambot Chronicles 2 RPG (Irem)
  26. Untitled RPG (Obsidian)

And then there are all the MMORPG games for the PS3 like:

1. Angel Love Online - UserJoy / Q Ent. - JP: Sep 25, 2008 (JP only)
  2. Free Realms - Sony / Sony - NA: Q3 2009
  3. DC Universe Online - Sony / Sony - NA: TBA 2009
  4. Uncharted Waters Online - KOEI / KOIE - JP: TBA 2009
  5. The Agency - Sony / Sony - NA: TBA
  6. MAG - Zipper / Sony - NA: TBA
  7. Rapture - Square Enix / Square Enix - NA: TBA
  8. APB - Realtime Worlds / Realtime Worlds - Under Consideration
  9. Endless Saga - Webzen / Webzen - Canceled
  10. X Quest - project by Alex Seropian from Bungie - Canceled?

Of the list of current RPG games, I think Valkyria Chronicles and Folklore are perhaps the most under appreciated, and seem to attract more fans the longer they have been out.

UPDATE: Today, on the Japanese PSN store, they have made available a stunning trailer for tri-Ace / Sega's upcoming FF-esque RPG game, End of Eternity in 1080p... and it looks breathtaking! 👍

Last edited:
Interesting! I was under the same impression as you! A lot of these look like they are Japanese though, what is the availability in the UK (or anywhere)?

From all those listed that are out now. My favorite is by far Disgaea 3. While is not a normal RPG, its more of a Strategic RPG (SRPG). But its a gem of a game.

Its without doubt the best longterm value game with very interesting and deep gameplay on the PS3 system. There is several 100's of hours of gameplay in it. Beating the story takes about 60 hours or so, for a person not familar with the series or following a walkthrough. But the real game kinda first begins after one has beaten the story.

Also Cross edge looks very interesting. I plan to import it when it gets NA release.
More info about Cross edge can be found here.

http://nisamerica.com/games/crossedge/

Interesting! I was under the same impression as you! A lot of these look like they are Japanese though, what is the availability in the UK (or anywhere)?

As it shows in the list of the 17 that are currently available, only 5 have not been made officially available outside of Japan or Asian regions... although as pointed out in the Demon's Soul thread linked to in the first post, apparently the Asian version is completely in English and so some people have bought it online and played it... which also makes me think a NA/EU release of the game is likely going to happen, especially considering the great reviews it's been getting.

Another game in that list, Cross Edge is already set to release an English version of the game next month, and it too has received some excellent reviews.

It is expected that Sony will announce the release of the English version of White Knight Chronicles at E3 in June... and it to has received some great reviews.

That just leaves the two Yakuza games, Kenzan and Yakuza 3. Kenzan came out last year, and while the two demos available on the PSN store, were certainly fun to mess around with, I have yet to hear any rumors of it getting an English release.

Yakuza 3, which also has a very entertaining demo, just came out in Japan to rave reviews, but unlike Kenzan, there is no shortage of rumors and speculation regarding an English release.

So basically, other than Kenzan, it's likely all four of those Japanese RPG games will be released outside of the Asian regions.

As for the list of upcoming RPG games, most are already either primarily English, or certainly getting an English version. Which isn't too surprising considering who is developing them, like:
  • 10tacle Studios
  • BioWare
  • Capcom
  • EA
  • From Software
  • Irem
  • MichaelSoft
  • Namco
  • Obsidian
  • Quantic Dream
  • Sony
  • Square Enix
  • tri-Ace / Sega

Haha, Valkyria Chronicles! Been reading up on this little gem, and I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far! What I didn't know was that it is a RTSRPG, if that's even a genre? The look of the game though is unbelieveable! I've just placed an order (I know where to get these sorts of games from now), and should get it tomorrow in the post! :D 👍

As the English version of White Knight Chronicles nears, more information is coming out:

Joystiq hands-on: White Knight Chronicles
Published on Apr 29, 2009 by Randy Nelson

Sony and Level-5's latest role-playing collaboration, White Knight Chronicles, has been out in Japan since December, but we recently got a chance to check out a partially localized version of the game at Sony Gamers Day 2009.

Starting up the demo, we were treated to an intro cinematic featuring final English voice-over. The sequence, featuring the game's hero Leonard and his party gearing up for their quest, immediately dispelled any doubt that Level 5 -- known for a typically more anime or cel-shaded art style -- could pull off an immensely detailed, more "mature" looking RPG. The cutscene also left us hopeful the voice acting we were hearing remained as solid throughout the entirety of the final game.

Speaking of sound, Sony confirmed to us that it's planning to implement voice chat in the US and European versions of White Knight Chronicles, something that was painfully absent from the Japanese release. We're told it's not 100% set in stone, but the dev and localization teams "really want to make it happen."

Given the compressed schedule of the event, it was far from the ideal environment to go deep with such a high-profile RPG. Still, we were able to adventure through the overworld and come to grips with the combat system. The world itself is very lush and conveys a grand sense of scale, the latter being helped by an incredible draw distance.

The enemies we fought were mainly pesky, wasp-like creatures with giant stingers and venomous walking plants. In other words, typical JRPG fare. Actually battling the beasts was very easy to get into -- we get the feeling Level-5 is trying to introduce a degree of mass-market friendliness with the controls. It's possible to simply point Leonard toward an enemy, keep pressing X, and finish them off -- but where's the flair (or fun) in that? Fortunately, the range of attacks seemed quite deep and the ability to create customized sets of them that are quickly selectable is a breeze.

With just a few button presses, we were able to create rows of custom attack combinations that could be navigated with a quick up/down/left/right on the D-pad. The Sony rep guarding the kiosk said he'd leveled the characters up "quite a bit," so it was hard to really get a feel for the effectiveness of one attack over another. They all killed in one hit!

Maybe it was payback for our hubris in gloating over all the quick kills, but we soon found outselves squaring off against an overworld mini-boss of sorts: a giant boar. Effectively flanking it and backing off when necessary using the real time movement system was the key to toppling the roaring, huffing, impressive beast.

Not long after this encounter we got a chance to transform our character into the towering --and titular -- White Knight in order to do battle with an equally gigantic enemy. After all, why wail away with puny swords when you can run an enemy through with a blade the size of a bus? We'd watched an earlier player attempt to take down the Ent-like tree monster and have a pretty hard time of it as a mere human-sized Leonard. Battling it on its own level, in something that looked like a medieval mech fight, was over pretty quickly. Still, it was spectacular while it lasted.

Sadly, the online co-op component of the game wasn't being demonstrated, but we've gut a hunch we'll get to play -- and write about -- plenty of it before this gorgeous looking game ships at the end of '09. If Sony can deliver the same quality of dialog, voice-over and gameplay we experienced, combined with proper voice chat for online team-ups, we're looking at the next great PS3-exclusive RPG.

The PS Blog also posted a follow-up Q&A video (click on the title to link to the video):

White Knight Chronicles - Your Questions Answered
Posted on Apr 30, 2009 by Jeff Rubenstein // Social Media Manager

You may have read impressions of White Knight Chronicles garnered during our LA Media event in the last day or two, but I know you’ve got lots of questions. Today, we’re happy to bring you answers. In this video interview with US Producer Tsubasa Inaba, find out how the game works, how it might change for North American release, and the status voice chat.

Look for more on WKC at E3 and beyond.

[YOUTUBEHQ]QXbGeQ-tccI[/YOUTUBEHQ]

(if you want to watch it in HD, just click play, and then click on the HD button at the right side of the control, bar)

White Knight Chronicles Additional Details and Playstation 3 Screenshots
Published on May 3, 2009

From the developers of the critically acclaimed Dark Cloud series and Rogue Galaxy, Level-5 once again delivers an unparalleled role-playing game experience with the introduction of the first true Role-Playing Game (RPG) on PS3, White Knight Chronicles. With its highly anticipated North American release, White Knight Chronicles provides RPG fans with visually stunning backdrops, a unique battle system, and robust online gameplay rooted in an epic adventure.

Throughout the game players will have the opportunity to explore the massive world of White Knight Chronicles, experiencing a medieval-like fantasy where the hero is able to engage in combat as the larger-than-life White Knight. Players will be able to custom create their own avatar and enter in a deep single player campaign or join a real-time online multiplayer quest with up to four others. Six different characters will be available to control in the game, each colorfully brought to life within highly detailed environments. In addition to the compelling storyline, gamers will have access to dozens of online quests, and create custom weapons and items.

STORYLINE

White Knight Chronicles is an epic fantasy tale about two kingdoms in midst of a longstanding war. The King of Balandor, wishing to put an end to the war, invites the duke of Faria to his castle to celebrate his daughter's coming of age. But this celebration is sabotaged by the Magi, a rogue sect seeking to steal the White Knight, an ancient weapon of war sealed beneath Balandor castle, in order to take over the world. During the ensuing chaos, a young man named Leonard accidentally unlocks the power of the White Knight as he attempts to save the princess. With this power, Leonard manages to fend off the Magi attack, but not before they escape with the princess.

With the kingdoms in chaos, Leonard is entrusted with the mission to find the Magi and rescue the princess. With the help of his trusted companions, they travel throughout Balandor and beyond on a quest to save the princess before the Magi unlock the other knights. The journey is fraught with danger, with Magi warriors at every turn, mythical beasts and monsters to battle, and forbidden powers revealed. As Leonard learns more about the power of the Knight, he realizes that unsealing all of them could trigger a calamity that could end the world.

KEY FEATURES
  • White Knight Transformation – During battle players can transform into the giant White Knight, gaining the ability to challenge large enemies as well as troops of soldiers throughout the adventure.
  • Fully Customizable Avatar – Using a wide array of sliders and customization options, players will be able to create a unique character in White Knight Chronicles and this avatar will join the adventure in single player mode as well as online.
  • Combo Battle System – Engage in an easily accessible, active turn-based battle system that caters to players of all levels. Execute straightforward attacks or utilize the fully customizable combo system to allow players to combine attacks for maximum damage.
  • True Online RPG on PS3 – Experience the first true RPG action game on PS3 that incorporates a variety of online gameplay elements.
  • Environments – Players will traverse through 13 stages as well as visit up to six towns/villages to visit and purchase items at shops or interact with NPCs. Stages include lush fields, open desert, vast wastelands, tunnels, and ruins.
  • Multiple Playable Characters – Six playable characters are available, with up to three controllable characters on the screen at the same time.
  • Ability to Build Special Weapons and Items – Combine different weapons and items to create a huge variety of weapons.
  • Quests – Dozens of unique online side quests are available for players gain special items along with unique weapons and armor.
  • Crystal Camera – Players are provided with a camera called the Crystal Camera and take pictures throughout the journey. Pictures can be set on the top of their GeoNet page.
  • GeoNet – Players have the ability to write their own blogs and communicate with other players.

awesome the White Knight Chronicles sounds pretty good. I will keep my eye on it and hopefully it lives up to the hype surrounding it. :)👍 I have been losing interest in my PS3, it mainly serves as a blu-ray player now as all of my fun/video games are on the xbox360. ps3 really needs to come out with some more great exclusives. They have been slacking in my opinion. Uncharted looks good. It's kind of like an action/rpg (not really but i like to lie to myself).

I REALLY enjoyed Fallout 3. The exploration of the wastelands, story and characters was great. I was just really annoyed that the xbox360 version has all that download content.

-Robert.

Last edited:
A big thumbs up for Valkyria Chronicles: it is definitely a contender for Best Game Nobody Played 2008. I'm surprised it wasn't well known when I picked it up before the DLC was out, but I also didn't notice the demo in the PS Store.

ps3 really needs to come out with some more great exclusives. They have been slacking in my opinion.

As has been brought up several times in other discussions on GTP, naturally what one person might consider to be a great game may very well be different than what others may feel is great game.

However, in terms of both the total number of exclusive games released over the last year, as well as the number of those games that have received a rating of 80 or higher on Metacritic, more have been released for the PS3 than for the 360.

As for future exclusives, based on what has been announced for the PS3 compared to what has been announced for the 360, then the gap will likely widen even further by the end of the year and into 2010.

Granted, maybe your tastes are very different then most, or maybe you were not as familiar with the nearly 150 exclusive games that have already been released for the PS3 as you are for those that have been released for the 360.

Speaking of exclusive PS3 titles, and back to the topic at hand, I just heard about two three more RPG games that are in development for the PS3:

Last edited:
Sacred 2 is out! I'm really into multiplayer RPGs and this really looks like a sensible buy for me. Has anyone played it yet?

Sacred 2 is out! I'm really into multiplayer RPGs and this really looks like a sensible buy for me. Has anyone played it yet?
I prefer games in the RPG genre, and I read through your questions/answers received in the topic that you created on the boardsus.playstation forums.

Even though I really like RPGs, I have only played single player RPG type games like Oblivion and Fallout 3 on the PS3. I do not believe that I will ever 'get' into multi-player games, and I am wondering if it is absolutely necessary to go online in order to be able to actually 'finish' Sacred 2?

In addition, I see where this game offers offline co-op, and PvP. I suppose that PvP means Player versus Player, which would indicate to me that one would most likely need to go online again. What does offline co-op mean, and are both off-line co-op and PvP also necessary in order to complete this game?

As you can most likely tell from my questions, I have no idea how multi-player RPGs work, so any light that you can shed on some of my questions would be greatly appreciated. From the little that I've read about the game so far, it seems really interesting, but I do not believe that I will purchase it if it requires any online activity in order to complete it.

You dont have to play online in sacred 2

The game has 3 modes.

Singleplayer Offline
2 player co up Offline
upto 4 players co up online.

The game is a Diablo 2 clone. Basicly you are hacking your way through tons of enemys wich are dropping items all the time. you earn XP and can then chose how you want to develop your charecter.

So you can play it and complete the game fine just by playing singleplayer. Although if you are into trophies there is one trophie wich requires you to go online and meet with 3 other players, its pretty easy to do it though, and it dosent affect the actual gamplay at all.

I am wondering if it is absolutely necessary to go online in order to be able to actually 'finish' Sacred 2?

Not at all, you can finish the whole game without ever going online, if you do so desire. However, there might be trophies that require you to achieve certain tasks in multiplayer mode.

What does offline co-op mean, and are both off-line co-op and PvP also necessary in order to complete this game?

Offline co-op consists pretty much of having a friend over, playing split-screen on the same console with two controllers; and since online co-op is not needed to finish the game, neither is offline co-op. PvP does mean Player vs. Player, and I highly doubt that it is necessary to complete the story mode. However, there's a possibility that there's a trophy of the "Kill xx amount of players in PvP mode" nature. EDIT: Someone just replied to my PS boards topic in a more specific way, and it seems like the offline co-op is -not- played on split screen, but on a shared screen so you can't stray too far away of your partner.

Bottom line is, online playing isn't mandatory, you can play the whole game if you want to; however if you bought the game and jumped online just for the heck of it, you may actually enjoy it. I'll most probably pick this game up, so if you ever wish to try online co-op, with just the two of us, let me know. I'll be gentle. :)

About Oblivion, I really wish I had played Sacred 2 already to know how it compares to Oblivion. Ob. is simply genious, and have like 250 hours spent on my gamesave. Ironically, I've always wished that it had any sort of online cappabilities to play with friends. I'm just very much into co-op games, it's a whole different experience than having to play on your own. The experience is even better if you have to communicate actively and work as a team to achieve certain goals.

Last edited:
Thank you both, klondike and Coxis, for your replies. I have read that there are six character classes, and I suppose each of these can reach Level 200. I still have a lot of questions about the general gameplay, but it is fairly obvious that the best way for me to get some answers is to buy the game, and learn on my own. Maybe one day I will even make an attempt to go online and see what that is all about.

In regards to Oblivion, it was the only game that I owned for the PS3 for a very long time, and I played one character (dupe glitch and all) for all it was worth. I then decided to create a new character for the sole purpose of maxing out all of its skills. It took a long time, and I never completed a single quest as well as I remember, but I had a Level 1 character with all skills maxed out. I know that you don't take advantage of the level bonuses when you do this, but it was just something that I did to pass some spare time.

Off topic to Coxis: I see that you are from Mexico. I live in Texas, on the Mexican border. I don't go directly across the Rio Grande much anymore, but we have plans to go to Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, sometime this July. We've spent a week or so every year for about the past 15 years in the Cancun/Playa/Cozumel/Tulum area, and we really love it down there.

Cross Edge slashes to PS3s today: Trophies await!
Posted on May 26, 2009 by Nao Zook // PR/Marketing Coordinator, NIS America, Inc

Hi everyone! This is Nao Zook from NIS America. As of today (May 26th), Cross Edge has officially been released! Yes!!

Cross Edge is a dream-come-true RPG for hardcore gamers. It is the first RPG on PLAYSTATION 3 that has 5 different companies collaborating for one incredible adventure! You’ll see some familiar faces from Darkstalkers (Capcom); Disgaea (Nippon Ichi Software); Ar tonelico (Bandai Namco); Atelier Marie and Mana Khemia 2 (Gust); and Spectral Souls (Idea Factory). And all the characters are playable. Isn’t that cool?

You can also collect costumes for all the different characters, and their stats and abilities will change depending on which costume they are wearing. And when you change costumes on female characters, their appearance will also change! It’s really cute! If you are into these characters, Cross Edge is a must-have!

I would also like to talk a bit about the battle system. Cross Edge has a unique hybrid battle system that combines a classic RPG setup with an intuitive grid-based SRPG style. In battle, a square grid will appear beneath the units, and players can move their characters around during their combat phase. Some units are better at close combat and others at ranged combat, so players must strategically move their units to battle enemies. Enemy units will also move around the grid in order to defeat you, so you will have to be alert at all times to fight effectively.

So, many RPG fans have been looking forward to Cross Edge, and I hope you all pick up a copy and start playing today :-) As with many other PS3 games, Cross Edge comes with a slew of awesome trophies. So today, I would like to give you a sneak peek at the requirements to acquire the Bronze, Silver, and Gold trophies!

First of all, there are a total of 23 trophies; 5 of them are Bronze, 11 of them are Silver, and 7 of them are Gold. After acquiring them all, you will of course receive the Platinum trophy. So then, I suppose there are actually 24 trophies!

Here is the list of trophies, along with their descriptions! Some of the trophy titles are pretty funny, so I hope you’ll get a laugh, chuckle, or even giggle out of them :-)
  • Bronze - The Entitled: Unlock any trophy.
  • Bronze – The Bully: Defeat 100 enemy units.
  • Bronze – The Newbie: Survive 35 battles.
  • Bronze – The Badass: Exceed 10,000 points of total damage.
  • Bronze – The Juggler: Exceed a 50-hit combo!
  • Silver – The Skywalker: Reach 300 AGI. (Equipment’s effect doesn’t count.)
  • Silver – The Meat Shield: Reach 300 VIT. (Equipment’s effect doesn’t count.)
  • Silver – The Juicer: Reach 300 STR. (Equipment’s effect doesn’t count.)
  • Silver – The Know-It-All: Reach 300 INT. (Equipment’s effect doesn’t count.)
  • Silver – The Gambler: Reach 300 LCK. (Equipment’s effect doesn’t count.)
  • Silver – The Stalker: Unlock all character profiles. (Use the % on the upper-right screen)
  • Silver – The Patron: Unlock all gallery art. (Use the % on the upper-right screen)
  • Silver – The God of Death: Defeat 3,000 enemy units.
  • Silver – The Highlander: Survive 900 battles.
  • Silver – The World Champ: Exceed 1,000,000 points of total damage!
  • Silver – The Aggressor: Exceed a 400-hit combo.
  • Gold – The Gun Runner: Collect every type of weapon.
  • Gold – The Battle Ready: Collect every type of armor.
  • Gold – The Fashionista: Collect every type of accessory.
  • Gold – The Packrat: Collect every type of item.
  • Gold – The Grave Robber: Find 150 hidden items using Search.
  • Gold – The Dood: Earn the true ending. (Unlocked after the true ending.)
  • Gold – The Hikikomori: Earn every single title. (Unlocked when all the title are given at the guild. Each title is counted when unlocked, so if you don’t do this task from the beginning, you may not reach the point.)
Let me explain what “Hikikomori” means. In Japan, they call a person who stays at home all the time and never really interacts with other human beings “Hikikomori”. I guess a literal translation would be “a being confined” and “social withdrawal”. You’ll definitely have to stay home for days in order to earn all the in-game titles. So, you’ll certainly earn the title of Hikikomori :-) Thanks in advance for playing Cross Edge that much! Hehe.

Anyway, you’ve got a lot of work ahead of you to earn that Platinum trophy! Good luck!

Before I let you all go, I would also like to share some information about the upcoming downloadable content for Cross Edge. We’re currently working on the DLC, and there will be new costumes for the girls, powerful items, extra dungeons, and lots more! We’ll let you know when it will be available as the DLC release date approaches.

Cross Edge

Thank you again for your support! Have a good day! And I hope you all enjoy Cross Edge!

PS. Please visit the Official Cross Edge website for the gameplay info, character bios, and more!

Kindest regards,
Nao

Cross Edge sound pretty interesting, I can't believe I haven't heard about it sooner.

Also, isn't The Last Remnant supposed to be coming to the PS3 eventually?

If so I'll add it. Hopefully they'll make some changes from the 360 version. Seeing as they have had more time to develop the PS3 version, and perhaps being able to better take advantage of what the PS3 platform has to offer, maybe it'll turn out to be a big improvement... much like the PC version apparently which came out about 4 months after and which IGN subsequently gave a better review, although still mentioned problems with the game.

As for recent PS3 RPG news, Sony has just released on their blog a sneak peak at the official E3 trailer for White Knight Chronicles. 👍

If so I'll add it. Hopefully they'll make some changes from the 360 version. Seeing as they have had more time to develop the PS3 version, and perhaps being able to better take advantage of what the PS3 platform has to offer, maybe it'll turn out to be a big improvement... much like the PC version apparently which came out about 4 months after and which IGN subsequently gave a better review, although still mentioned problems with the game.

I hope so too. 👍 Also, there's PS3 and playstation logos on the official page ...

Right now the only RPG that I am interested in is the PS3 port of Tales of Vesperia. Seems the Namco Tales series are about the only RPG games I can get into...

Right now the only RPG that I am interested in is the PS3 port of Tales of Vesperia. Seems the Namco Tales series are about the only RPG games I can get into...

/\/\ I've played through and beat the xbox360 version and i really enjoyed it. The story is decent, but the characters are a lot of fun. And it's not turn based so the battle/fighting is more interactive and different moves/combo's to do. :)👍

/\/\ I've played through and beat the xbox360 version and i really enjoyed it. The story is decent, but the characters are a lot of fun. And it's not turn based so the battle/fighting is more interactive and different moves/combo's to do. :)👍

Yeah, same here. The problem is, I haven't touched the game, along with any of my other 360 games since I got a PS3 :lol:
I also hope the two PSP Tales spin offs (Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 and Tales of Vs) make their way to this side of the pond. I always have a ton of fun with Tales games lol :sly:

Back