RUF Yellowbird Cup - Round 1 - Results

• Thread starter LancerEvo7
  • 36 comments
G'Day all,
Times submitted, even managed a short stint after Tea in which I improved slightly.

I am now going off to stick red hot needles in my eyes as I clearly have not suffered enough yet.

Later.

Congratulations to Austin for claiming the victory (I viewed his lap time via a youtube video). The lap was driven at break neck speed all throughout, no mistakes anywhere, just what a perfect lap with this car should look like- sideways in every corner! Cheers on a great first round LancerEvo7GSR.

Lancer, I understand that real life gets in the way sometimes, but in truth, if you can't reliably publish results and post races in a timely manner, then you probably shouldn't be running a series at all. With several weeks between the test round and this one, and now close to a week of waiting for the results of this round than the posting of the second, perhaps you should consider postponing the continuation of the series until you have time to maintain it, or else you should consider handing control to someone else. :indiff:

^ I know you mean the best, Austin, but I'm going to get this going more smoothly now that I have more time, with the weather getting worse meaning I'm not with friends every other moment, and I'll have more time with this and GT in general. That being said, results have been posted and the next round will be up tomorrow to keep a somewhat smooth schedule, with each round starting and ending on Sunday night. Thanks for hanging with me guys :)

Thanks. 👍 I'm sorry if I was too harsh; I was just a bit frustrated to watch everything be delayed so much. I'm glad your priorities are correct, with friends coming before GT, and I'm also glad that the series will go forward as usual. :) I suppose I'm impatient to drive this car. :lol:

So, since the results are officially up now, I'll embed the video of my lap. You can see what I meant by needing to drive the car differently from the usual fastest way to drive it: normally, a "drift" in every corner is ideal, but in banked turns, the car just slides and bogs down, not gaining the exit speed it usually does. If you try to compensate with more countersteer in the middle of the corner, it will snap in the other direction and lead to a crash. That said, if you try to drive it with no sliding at all in those turns, the car will basically go straight, so I did make sure to give it a small "drift" angle. And as you can see, large drifts are still effective in flat turns.

My best corner was probably the H and J combination that gave me trouble on earlier laps. My worst was the last corner, although knowing that this was my best final sector, it must not have been terrible. I needed some Photomode time to confirm that I stayed on legal surfaces just before the last corner, but I definitely did have about half of the tire on the pavement until the light-colored curb started, and I then had almost all of the tire on the curb. It would have been frustrating, to say the least, to have had that lap negated for being dirty just before the finish!

Back