Russian Invasion of Ukraine

• Thread starter Rage Racer
  • 9,984 comments
aW489Gd_460s.jpg

Nobody has been racist towards you.
What is that, then?
no one's been worse at standing up for themselves than average Ruskies
the serfs

While that is a lot of people, In the grand scale of things if a few thousands of arrests every time is always enough to keep a population of 145m on a leash nothing will change.
Lets not pretend that Russians don't want freedom. They want. They don't want to do it violent way, which is universal for liberals around the world.

1723203690795.png

I think the Ukranians will want to take the nuclear plant and then the highway west, back to the Ukrainian border. All that land to the north of the plant (with its reservoir pictured above right) is hilly and difficult for tanks and personnel to maneuver through. The plant is also a similar design to Chernobyl with updated reactors, so it should be straightforward for them to operate it, even if they wind up shutting down power to the surrounding Russian grid. The airfield nearby to the north has already been totally destroyed. I think they've been waiting for the attack F16s to arrive before they could really do anything. Now they have Rheinmetall's finest armor rolling in, and hopefully this increased mobilization of resources means they can keep a front secure without suffering too much attrition.

Russia has too many terrifying weapons though and I hope it doesn't come down to Putin being desperate and using them. Nuclear weapons really complicate matters, but I hope we can have a world free from autocracy one day.
I mean, it's cute that @inCloud thinks people like myself and @Scaff are racists, while they themselves hate on Palestinians and think anyone who doesn't support Netanyahu or Israel is either antisemitic or a bad Jew.
Speaking of that, I think that once Putin is hopefully toppled, the rest of the world can turn its attention towards Iran and its sponsorship of global terrorism and warfare-by-proxy.

What is that, then?
In case others need some context here, @inCloud said this:
If you hate Jews - you antisemite, horrible person and racist. You also could hate Netanyahu and his accomplices, like half of Israel do with a passion.
They're accusing people in this thread of doing the same thing they themselves did in another.

========
Speaking of that, I think that once Putin is hopefully toppled, the rest of the world can turn its attention towards Iran and its sponsorship of global terrorism and warfare-by-proxy.
I certainly hope so. The Iranians are bad for the entire Middle East region's stability and they are certainly propping up organizations like Hamas. Although, I'm sure the Saudis are involved too because their government just loves to openly fund terrorism while begging the US for weapons. Unfortunately, it seems like Russia wants to get buddy-buddy with Iran. I'm also fairly certain that Russia is supporting Hamas as well to further destabilize the region and pull the US's attention away from Eastern Europe. Although given the sorry state of every piece of military hardware out of Russia, having their support Iran might be a net negative for the Iranians.

What is that, then?
Ruskie is an American term that's been around for decades, no different than how Americans used to be called Yankees or Yanks. It's not an endearing term, but neither is "Yanks" when I've read it used towards Americans, except we don't actually care. It's rather interesting you're upset over it given a quick Google search shows a lot of self-identified Russians say they are not aware of the term in your home land or aren't remotely bothered by it.

Serf is not a racial term. I assume @Carbonox is using it in reference to serfdom in that the people of the land (Russia) are more than happy to obey the landowner (Putin). Using serf as an insult is usually someone's way of mocking someone's loyalty, pretty often with, "M'Lord!"

I assume Orcs is being used in reference to how Orcs are depicted in fiction as brutes who mindlessly pillage & violently destroy their opponents, something Russian soldiers have been long accused of in this war. What's interesting is that Carbonox was accused by another Russian member of dehumanizing Russians using the word Orcs & you defended that term being appropriate. So, why are you upset about it now?
If someone marauding, killing innocents, raping and doing acts of vandalism he is orc by definition. Its not dehumanisation. And those orcs doesn't represent Russians even if they have RF citizenship.

Regardless, a moderator would've put a stop to it if they deemed it as racism.

Last edited:
Lets not pretend that Russians don't want freedom. They want. They don't want to do it violent way, which is universal for liberals around the world.
Problem is authoritarian regimes don't tend to happily hand over power back to the people just out of the goodness of their heart... I feel for any Russian that truly sees what's going on and the world and wants better for themselves and their families but Its a mighty predicament you find yourselves in and only you and your people can change it when the time comes.

The vast majority of planes there appear to be in storage or awaiting maintenance on the east ramps. They're parked far too close to each other to be safely fueled or armed which tells me they're not at the ready. You can see the clear difference between them and the planes on the west ramp, all of whom are able to taxi in and out unassisted and have space to be prepped for flight. It would've been idiotic for Russia to keep these planes here but hopefully Ukraine was able to hit something useful and at least destroy facilities.

Ruskie is an American term
Its translit from "русский", which means of Russian ethnic or culture. I didn't insulted by usage of this word, but
no one's been worse at standing up for themselves than average
which is strait up lie and insult of few generations of Russians.
Serf is not a racial term.
Serf is insult that he used to all Russians.
I assume Orcs is being used in reference to how Orcs are depicted in fiction as brutes who mindlessly pillage & violently destroy their opponents
It was insult of me personally and all Russians, not reference to RUAF.

What is that, then?
How is serf a racial insult? Anyone of any ethnicity in your country can be an obedient little serf to be made fun of, including ones not native to it (like that Canadian ultraconservative couple that thought the grass would be greener on your side).

The Ukrainians make a push into Russia, and Putin freaks out, then orders an attack on a shopping mall that's probably...uhhh...selling Nazi memorabilia or something?

Russia really is a country that's like the kid who goes and punches someone and then gets angry that they punch them back.

My worry about this, though, is that Russia will show just how unhinged it really is and actually use nuclear weapons because its military isn't capable of repealing a few hundred Ukrainians from entering its territory. I guess that's what you get when your entire country's defense is built on corruption and crap built during the Soviet Union.

Putin freaks out, then orders an attack on a shopping mall
Don't underestimate the role of ordinary soldiers in this, their collective lack of class has been well documented so far and while it goes hand in hand with the rotten leadership's actions too, they still bear the brunt of the responsibility in this case.

Don't underestimate the role of ordinary soldiers in this, their collective lack of class has been well documented so far and while it goes hand in hand with the rotten leadership's actions too, they still bear the brunt of the responsibility in this case.
For sure, that's a good point. I'm not an expert in international law or anything, but I'm guessing there's something that states the soldiers themselves are held accountable if they carry out an unlawful order. Even the stupidest soldier would probably understand that bombing a civilian structure is a war crime.

Not that simple,
For sure, that's a good point. I'm not an expert in international law or anything, but I'm guessing there's something that states the soldiers themselves are held accountable if they carry out an unlawful order. Even the stupidest soldier would probably understand that bombing a civilian structure is a war crime.
It's not that simple in international law but in general terms the "I was only following orders" defense will go under severe scrutiny and does not give any soldier a free pass for whatever he/she did in the course of a war.

Worth a read:

Last edited:
Serf is insult that he used to all Russians.
Not a racist term, regardless.
It was insult of me personally and all Russians, not reference to RUAF.
It's also not a racist term. If I said all Russians are morons, that's a bad take, but it's not racist.

It's still hypocritical that using orcs is fine as long as it's against the people you deem fit. But hey, "as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of one crying racism approaches" will definitely start suiting your posts, lol.

Not a racist term, regardless.
If you insulting or dehumanising ethnic group, you automatically make statement that one group is better than other, which is racial discrimination.
It's still hypocritical that using orcs is fine as long as it's against the people you deem fit.
If this group formed by those people voluntary, why not?

If you insulting or dehumanising ethnic group, you automatically make statement that one group is better than other, which is racial discrimination.
No, it doesn't. Again, if someone was calling all Russians morons, it doesn't "automatically" mean one group is better than the other, just means one thinks they're all dumb. There's no racial tones if one wants to call Russians serfs. It just means one thinks they're grossly loyal to their leader.

Besides, if you're not insulted by Ruskie and you use Orcs when you see fit, what the **** are you even crying for....

In comparison with who? If someone is relatively dumb, than someone is relatively smart.
Doesn't mean the person thinking the smart person is better. This is completely away the fact none of this is racism.
That people doesn't respect UN conventions
Oh boo. *******. Hoo.

When your country starts actually caring about what the United Nations think (after 141 countries told Russia to get out of Ukraine), then you can have some sympathy there.

Doesn't mean the person thinking the smart person is better. This is completely away the fact none of this is racism.
You sounds like plantation owner " what those stupid negroes would do with their freedom, I care bout em". Disgusting
then you can have some sympathy there
Last thing I need, is your sympathy. Guess, you could follow Joey and Scaff

You sounds like plantation owner " what those stupid negroes would do with their freedom, I care bout em". Disgusting
"Everyone attacking me is actually racist". Cry more.
Last thing I need, is your sympathy. Guess, you could follow Joey and Scaff
Oh no, threatening me with your Ignore list? Waah, nobody here cares if you end up being the only person's whose posts you see alongside Scaff's.

Dust Off Russell Westbrook GIF by jumpman23

I don't remember the weeaboo serf also famous for starting this thread ever being threatened with the ignore list like this, despite a track record several times worse.

Igor: "The no passing sign is just for civilians, hold my vodka and watch a driving legend at work."
Igor 10 seconds later:

Russia, as a whole, is a multi-ethnic state, not a single homogeneous ethnic grouping. As such, while an insult to the whole certainly could be considered a bad take, it's absolutely not an attack on a single ethnicity or racist.

Nor do I think that such insults are being applied to every person in Russia, while the individual posters would need to clarify, I'm fairly sure that those Russians who have protested the government openly and publicly, would not be included.

Any organization that bombs a supermarket is evil.
Yes, but do we automatically saying that all members of RUAF evil? There are three problems with that statement:
1) Conscripts(300.000to400.000)
2) Mobilized(<300.000)
3) No one could leave RUAF since October 2022 and it was hard to do since invasion.

There are a lot of grey areas and everyone should think twice before generalize when speaking about this war, if he don't want to call innocent 18 y.o guy an orc.

Yes, but do we automatically saying that all members of RUAF evil? There are three problems with that statement:
1) Conscripts(300.000to400.000)
2) Mobilized(<300.000)
3) No one could leave RUAF since October 2022 and it was hard to do since invasion.

There are a lot of grey areas and everyone should think twice before generalize when speaking about this war, if he don't want to call innocent 18 y.o guy an orc.
They are all part of the crime. Following orders is not an excuse.

Back