Salty lobby hosts?

• Thread starter JRC_Red14
  • 22 comments
United States
United States
JRC_Red14
I've noticed several times that while in a public free run lobby, I get kicked out of the room. Haven't crashed into anybody, using similar cars to everyone else, and avoiding blocking people trying to pass me. Am I just not understanding the problem?

Similar experience on the rare occasions I tried to join a public lobby. It is as if people just want to ride with friends but don't know how to set up a lobby for friends only.

Similar experience on the rare occasions I tried to join a public lobby. It is as if people just want to ride with friends but don't know how to set up a lobby for friends only.
under privacy settings when making the room, change it from public to friends only.

Last edited:
no, nothing at all. and if I do accidentally bump into anyone, I link the person's name and say sorry.

Sounds reasonable. I guess the kicking isn't personal then and isn't linked to anything about you, and is out of your control. It would be nice of them if they said something first, gave a reason. I can't think of anything else you might be doing that they are reacting to, unless you are adding lag somehow. I remember that being an issue in GT5 at least - one player who was lagging or had high latency could mess up the race for a all the rest without even being aware there was any problem at all, but that was 11 years ago.

I had one race where I scored a very rare win and was so happy as I was approaching the line and could see nobody in sight behind me, I risked a handbrake turn and crossed the line halfway through a 360 spin. In reality the guy in 2nd place wasn't visible to me for whatever reason - in my version of the race he was never in it, for all the other drivers he was there... he crossed the line about 3 seconds behind me. In another case, same group but a rwce I wasn't in, one driver was busy circulating up in the air at Trial Mountain, about 30 metres above the track, like he was on some Trial Mountain shaped air track up in the sky. That's how everyone saw him, but from his perspective he was on the track, the other cars were on the track and he was happily fighting them for position!

Sounds reasonable. I guess the kicking isn't personal then and isn't linked to anything about you, and is out of your control. It would be nice of them if they said something first, gave a reason. I can't think of anything else you might be doing that they are reacting to, unless you are adding lag somehow. I remember that being an issue in GT5 at least - one player who was lagging or had high latency could mess up the race for a all the rest without even being aware there was any problem at all, but that was 11 years ago.
even if that is the issue, my connection is usually fair, and I only join lobbies if they have 4-5 bars just to make sure I don't lag into someone else when taking corners.

I've noticed several times that while in a public free run lobby, I get kicked out of the room. Haven't crashed into anybody, using similar cars to everyone else, and avoiding blocking people trying to pass me. Am I just not understanding the problem?
That’s happened to me. Join a room, just get out on the track and get booted. As somebody mentioned, I think they don’t know how to make private lobbies. I’ve also been kicked right after setting a hot lap.

It might also be the case where you enter some "cruise" or "ride along" lobbies where setting marks/hot-lapping alone is frowned upon.
Yeah I’ve come across lobbies where everyone is just sitting at different corners of the track, off track, maybe just putt-putting around. Weren’t labelled cruise or ride along but that sure seemed like what they were doing.

It might also be the case where you enter some "cruise" or "ride along" lobbies where setting marks/hot-lapping alone is frowned upon.
Yeah I’ve come across lobbies where everyone is just sitting at different corners of the track, off track, maybe just putt-putting around. Weren’t labelled cruise or ride along but that sure seemed like what they were doing.
"Chill" lobbies are also like that.

Hot-lapping in general changes the whole mood of the lobby, since players are naturally competitive. If the host doesn't explicitly limit the PP, people begin to drive faster and faster cars to beat the time without necessarily being clean. Players stop directly interacting with each other, and the quality of the lobby drops off a cliff after that.

--

People just sitting around and chatting reminds me so much of PS Home players, After social games have been pretty much killed off, I guess it can just be these players trying to same thing in their favorite games now 🤔

Hot-lapping in general changes the whole mood of the lobby, since players are naturally competitive. If the host doesn't explicitly limit the PP, people begin to drive faster and faster cars to beat the time without necessarily being clean. Players stop directly interacting with each other, and the quality of the lobby drops off a cliff after that.

--

People just sitting around and chatting reminds me so much of PS Home players, After social games have been pretty much killed off, I guess it can just be these players trying to same thing in their favorite games now 🤔
Yeah it’s not a bad thing, it’s just sometimes you’ll join it not really knowing what is going on. I don’t go crashing people. But that makes sense, they opened a lobby and are probably all in a PS chat party. Not sure why they don’t just go private or put in description, no racing. Not the end of the world, just sucks when you’re putting laps in, wondering when it’s going to go to race and then you get booted. Two lobbies like that in a row and you’re out 10-15 minutes of actual racing. Haha

--

even in paddock lobbies, when I set a hot lap, usually, someone will try to beat that time with a similar car, and if that didn't work, they would switch to the tomahawk since it doesn't require skill to set a new hot lap.

People don't know how to create private lobbies or they are waiting for people from their country to join, or people that they know but aren't psn friends with

the thing is, in my experience, that I did not even had a chance to begin hot-lapping, I was kicked off just after entering the lobby 😅

the thing is, in my experience, that I did not even had a chance to begin hot-lapping, I was kicked off just after entering the lobby 😅
When I first got the game I’d host public lobbies, we got to know the bozos and would kick them as soon as they entered unless we were racing. Maybe they mistook you for someone else?

Probably you're not being kicked out lobby host might just close the lobby and then everyone gets kicked out 🙂

Back