Saturday Night 1,600 Miles Classic Sports Car Series, Next Race 9/14/24, 2. 285 km of Brands Hatch , Open 7pm, Qualifying 8pm, Race 8:30pm Eastern USOpen 

I didn't try the LM55 at St Croix because it was so slow on straights and straightline speed plays a role at St. Croix. When I saw how fast it was by another member I ran about 4 laps with it Sunday morning only to discover I would have been better off with the Mazda than the Hyundia. I did have the medium turbo on both the Mazda and the Hyundai.
I think I could have pressured you more because I was keeping up with you until I screwed up getting onto the bridge and took damage. I too had the medium turbo it was actually better than the high turbo.

I think I could have pressured you more because I was keeping up with you until I screwed up getting onto the bridge and took damage. I too had the medium turbo it was actually better than the high turbo.
I think the high turbo is something you win in the daily wheel of despair, I didn't have one for any GR1 car, only medium.

I'm not sure who was complaining, you said LeMans is the best track, I disagree. We can agree to disagree, unless of course that is complaining in your book, then I recant my statement.

GR3 is more competitive? I beg to differ unless you find it a complaint, again. I won St Crois GR3 by a bigger margin than I did the GR1 class.

I didn't try the LM55 at St Croix because it was so slow on straights and straightline speed plays a role at St. Croix. When I saw how fast it was by another member I ran about 4 laps with it Sunday morning only to discover I would have been better off with the Mazda than the Hyundia. I did have the medium turbo on both the Mazda and the Hyundai.

I think anyone that runs a success ballast league has to run it on the honor system. I think when running a league where you race with the same group every race everyone gets pretty accustomed to where everyone fits in and someone taking advantage of the honor system would likely be discovered.
I said "THE LE MANS CIRCUIT IS MY FAVORITE RACE TRACK." I not sure where you got best from. How exactly can you disagree for me what my personal preferences are? I guess blue isn't my color either and my favorite food isn't cheese.

The Special races were without a balance of power active. So that's a good example of the Gr.3 class being poorly balanced. With BOP on Gr.3 is possibly the best balanced class in GT7.

I have acquired used every Gr.1 car with and without BOP active. To confirm LM55 is not slow on the straights. With it's BOP performance I would place it 8th in class for straightaway performance. Beaten by all the Group C era cars, the Alpine, and the Hyundai. What Jose is finding in settings for the R18 '11 I'm not sure.

Not do to lack of effort but, we don't necessarily have a big group. Most of the players I don't even know a full year yet. I'm not going host something I don't feel can properly regulate.

^^^^^^Now is your chance Mr CW
I would love to own a race track. My wallet is a lot short I'm sure. The Big Willow track I believe is the oldest active road course in the US. Hopefully the right people buy it so that doesn't change.

The Croix A was very stop go. I choose to run the medium turbo the Porsche Gr.3 car for better drive off. I wonder if the high turbo would be better on tires.

The Mazda LM55 is a really good car in the class. It was a considered for this season but, I wanted to experience the 2010s hybrid boost era. But with or without BOP. I think the LM55 is overall one of best cars in Gr.1. As it's not really bad at anything.

What weather number do you use to get random rain/clear weather??
I think the high turbo is something you win in the daily wheel of despair, I didn't have one for any GR1 car, only medium.
Unfortunately trying to intentionally create your own weather patterns has been weird ever since that really big update awhile ago that changed a lot of stuff. It's why I throw doing preset weather races. After weather patterns didn't work for our Dragon Trail Gardens Reverse race. Any weather during our race is completely up to game itself.

You should be able buy every part now. Though some Gr.1 cars don't get any upgrades but, I know the LM55 does.

I did a couple of laps today in Le Mans.

Mazda LM55 = 3.21.1
Audi R18 = 3.22.2

Mazda was super easy to setup and easy to drive
I'll have to work more on the Audi since still was a little hard to find the perfect balance. It may be faster than the Mazda after some work, but the Mazda definitely uses a lot less fuel and tires.

I did a couple of laps today in Le Mans.

Mazda LM55 = 3.21.1
Audi R18 = 3.22.2

Mazda was super easy to setup and easy to drive
I'll have to work more on the Audi since still was a little hard to find the perfect balance. It may be faster than the Mazda after some work, but the Mazda definitely uses a lot less fuel and tires.
I keep telling Fastone371 LM55 is great car. Definitely the best of the VGTs. The only thing the 2011 R18 has on it is downforce. Not sure how it ended up the thirstiest car in the class. That's going to be challenge with the long pit delta at Le Mans.

I said "THE LE MANS CIRCUIT IS MY FAVORITE RACE TRACK." I not sure where you got best from. How exactly can you disagree for me what my personal preferences are? I guess blue isn't my color either and my favorite food isn't cheese.

The Special races were without a balance of power active. So that's a good example of the Gr.3 class being poorly balanced. With BOP on Gr.3 is possibly the best balanced class in GT7.

I have acquired used every Gr.1 car with and without BOP active. To confirm LM55 is not slow on the straights. With it's BOP performance I would place it 8th in class for straightaway performance. Beaten by all the Group C era cars, the Alpine, and the Hyundai. What Jose is finding in settings for the R18 '11 I'm not sure.

Not do to lack of effort but, we don't necessarily have a big group. Most of the players I don't even know a full year yet. I'm not going host something I don't feel can properly regulate.
I stand corrected about Le Mans.
Not sure what your seeing with the Audi but I tested it at High Speed Ring, I was seeing the same speed he had according to the replay, it's about 5mph faster on straights than LM55

I stand corrected about Le Mans.
Not sure what your seeing with the Audi but I tested it at High Speed Ring, I was seeing the same speed he had according to the replay, it's about 5mph faster on straights than LM55
Jose posted above runs he did at with both his car and yours at Le Mans and posted over a second faster.

It's possible with BOP active 2011 R18 accelerates better up than the LM55 until a certain point. I said the LM55 is one of best cars in the class because it's one best balanced cars in the class. It is not the best at anything but, it's also not the worst at anything. The 2011 R18 on the other hand. Gran Turismo has to give it a big power boost to make up for its lack of straightaway performance. It is also one less fuel efficient cars in Gr.1.

And I also tested all for 4 cars in use at High-Speed Ring. Though I didn't have time fine tune all your car's so had to take guesses. The 2011 R18 retained a lot more downforce than your or my car did at minimal downforce. Allowing a much higher exit speed off of turn 6 than your LM55. Your car would of had run that down first.

Our Le Mans race day guys. Less than 12 hours until the lobby opens for practice. This is the 2nd last race of the season and it's a big points payout. The Gr.1 Championship still up for grabs. As for Gr.3 the fight is for 2nd is still available. A small prize is available for the top 3 in both classes.

Jose posted above runs he did at with both his car and yours at Le Mans and posted over a second faster.

It's possible with BOP active 2011 R18 accelerates better up than the LM55 until a certain point. I said the LM55 is one of best cars in the class because it's one best balanced cars in the class. It is not the best at anything but, it's also not the worst at anything. The 2011 R18 on the other hand. Gran Turismo has to give it a big power boost to make up for its lack of straightaway performance. It is also one less fuel efficient cars in Gr.1.

And I also tested all for 4 cars in use at High-Speed Ring. Though I didn't have time fine tune all your car's so had to take guesses. The 2011 R18 retained a lot more downforce than your or my car did at minimal downforce. Allowing a much higher exit speed off of turn 6 than your LM55. Your car would of had run that down first.
I didn't really understand your first sentence.
I'm not sure how you set your cars up for testing but I find aero as having the biggest effect on lap time, aero balance being extremely important. I have yet to find good lap time running any car at minimum downforce levels.

I keep telling Fastone371 LM55 is great car. Definitely the best of the VGTs. The only thing the 2011 R18 has on it is downforce. Not sure how it ended up the thirstiest car in the class. That's going to be challenge with the long pit delta at Le Mans.
When did I ever say it was anything but a great car? The only problem is that it lacks straight line speed, at a track like LeMans there are not enough corners to offset its lack of straight line speed. I think the 919 will be even worse, it's a monster when it has hybrid power but once you drain the initial capacity of the battery it seems to regenerate very slowly. Can we get off of this thing where you think I'm complaining about the Mazda already?

Unfortunately trying to intentionally create your own weather patterns has been weird ever since that really big update awhile ago that changed a lot of stuff. It's why I throw doing preset weather races. After weather patterns didn't work for our Dragon Trail Gardens Reverse race. Any weather during our race is completely up to game itself.

You should be able buy every part now. Though some Gr.1 cars don't get any upgrades but, I know the LM55 does.
So you just select random weather and leave everything else blank?

I didn't really understand your first sentence.
I'm not sure how you set your cars up for testing but I find aero as having the biggest effect on lap time, aero balance being extremely important. I have yet to find good lap time running any car at minimum downforce levels.
First of all go setup a car for Monza. Also said I didn't have time fine tune everyone else's cars. My Porsche 919 lacks straightaway speed since it only has around 500 hp without the hybrid boost active. So guess how you somewhat fix that problem where top speed is important. By removing much of the downforce.

A few more reminders. Gr.3 must run yellow lights or light covers. Blue Flags are not enforce even between classes. It's the following car's job to pass safely. Pro advice is to drive predictably around other class traffic. There will be room reset after qualifying. So remember your setup. Also make sure you have wet tires. Rain is possible for this race.

Last edited:
I decided to open early for extra practice. Lobby for Round 14 of the 2024 Championship. The 2 Hours of Le Mans is open.

18ffaf6a3b689-screenshotUrl.jpg

18ffaf74b2761-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 14 Results

Gr.1 Results

Pole Award: OCR_GUI_JOSA
Race Winner: OCR_GUI_JOSA
Fastest Lap: OCR_GUI_JOSA

Notes: MrMidn7ght: DNF due to electrical issues.

Gr.3 Results

Pole Award: Ace5920
Race Winner: DusanMandic9
Fastest Lap: Ace5920

Gr.1 Points Standings
Updated to Round 14, 6/8/24
Scoring Rounds Remaining 1

Position. PSN ID, Points Total, Wins

1. fastone371, 171 pts, 3 Wins
2. TheColdWarriors, 157 pts, 2 Wins
3. OCR_GUI_JOSA, 152 pts, 4 Wins
4. Michel-QC_21, 92 pts, 1 Win
5. Xq5jump212, 6 pts
6. poolshark3436, 2 pts
7. MrMidn7ght, 2 pts

Notes: With 1 race remaining the top 3 Gr.1 drivers can win the championship. Michel-QC_21 is stuck in 4th place. I have decided to eliminate the host penalty and added back in the points. I will probably surrender my prize to 4th place anyways.

Gr.3 Points Standings
Updated to Round 14, 6/8/24
Scoring Rounds Remaining 1

Position. PSN ID, Points Total, Wins

1. OCR_GUI_JOSA, 240 pts, 7 Wins
2. DusanMandic9, 172 pts, 2 Wins
3. poolshark3436, 121 pts, 2 Wins
4. Michel-QC_21, 64 pts, 2 Wins
5. Ace5920, 62 pts
6. SHOFAST, 30 pts
7. fastone371, 28 pts
8. p1p_squeek11, 27 pts
9. TheColdWarriors, 23 pts
10. iismoke_DOPE, 4 pts
11. C_rose149, 2 pts
12. breadedkilljoy, 2 pts

Notes: After race 14 the top 3 Gr.3 positions are locked. So Congratulations to 1st OCR_GUI_JOSA, 2nd DusanMandic9, and 3rd poolshark3436.

Next Points Race

6/22, 15. 1.5 Hours of Watkins Glen

Race Details
Watkins Glen International Long Course, 90 Minutes Race, Late Morning Start, Time Change x8, Night Driving Yes, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Tires Required RH RM RS, Tires x6, Fuel x3, Fuel At Start 97%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Wall Penalties None, Pit Line Penalty Off, Contact Penalty On, x1.5 Points Payout

Last edited:
Also while I pretty lenient in player interactions. I do expect some level racing etiquette. This league will not become like Sport Mode races under my watch. I saw few things I didn't like. Including a class win being taken away. It is the following cars job to pass safely regardless of class. Please be careful with dive bombs. Especially when passing lower class cars. They are competing for wins and points too. Also please wait until the track is clear to recover your. All race pace traffic has priority. The same goes for pit exits. Do not make me have start making calls.

Hey guys only 10 days until our season final at the Watkins Glen Long Course. While I placed the race at the end of the season to be near the 6 Hours of Watkins Glen. Our race is meant to represent to what if the race was lengthen to a 10 or 12 hour race. Instead you know not be the bread and butter race length of another series. Every proper endurance race needs a night portion. Which is why our race will end at night next Saturday.

Next Points Race

6/22, 15. 1.5 Hours of Watkins Glen

Race Details
Watkins Glen International Long Course, 90 Minutes Race, Late Morning Start, Time Change x8, Night Driving Yes, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Tires Required RH RM RS, Tires x6, Fuel x3, Fuel At Start 97%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Wall Penalties None, Pit Line Penalty Off, Contact Penalty On, x1.5 Points Payout

Last edited:
Hey guys Happy Father's Day Weekend and 24 Hours of Le Mans Weekend. Next Saturday is our season final at Watkins Glen Long course. Watkins Glen is new to me as well. So I don't have much in the way of advice. I will say tire strategy will have a big effect. From practice I've learned quickly that tires for Gr.1 is much higher at Watkins Glen compared to Le Mans. Which use the same fuel and tire multipliers. I didn't even have to use hards for Le Mans. Hards won't even make a full fuel run at Watkins Glen. There is also a lot tire fall off too. Laps times slow down a lot as they wear. Have a good holiday see next week.

Hey guys just 3 days left until our 2024 season final at the Watkins Glen Long Course. Hope you guys are ready. I intended for this series to return for it's 3rd season next January. I'm still working details for on a one-off historic sportscar series based on the 1000 Miles from Gran Turismo 4. For the late summer fall seasons. Make sure to check in occasionally for details on future events.

Back