GT7 Apparently September 2024 Update Prediction

• Thread starter Dbwasson
  • 329 comments
You do? I kinda like it, it at least appears to take notes from the original, unlike a lot of reimagined cars we see.

Yes, I'm looking at you, the new Ford Capri :crazy:
I like it aswell… saw it last month in real life 😎 (and a few others..)
IMG_0600.jpeg
IMG_0598.jpeg

I was curious to see if there's any correlation between missed updates and the content of the next update.

There have been five missed months of content so far, not including March 2022 when they were still in launch mode. Of these:
  • Three were immediately before an update with a track and a big new shiny thing (Skipped Jan 2023 before PSVR2/Grand Valley, skipped Oct 2023 before Spec II/Lake Louise, skipped Jun 2024 before new physics/Eiger Nordwand)
  • One was immediately before an update that wasn't big but was weird (skipped Jul 2023 before the odd early August Corolla/Himedic preload update)
  • One was before a completely standard update (skipped Dec 2023 before the double VGT update)
So in short, they do tend to skip updates the month before a big update, but doing so is also is by no means a guarantee that a big one is coming (or the "big thing" could easily be My First GT in this case as people have mentioned).

Have you considered that they've skipped the update because of the physics problems with some road cars, and FFB issues with open wheel cars on Fanatec wheels?
Maybe they didn't have the time to resolve all of these and prefered to skip an standard update in order to do a more consequent one with physics patched...

Have you considered that they've skipped the update because of the physics problems with some road cars, and FFB issues with open wheel cars on Fanatec wheels?
Maybe they didn't have the time to resolve all of these and prefered to skip an standard update in order to do a more consequent one with physics patched...
More logical thinking? It's spreading..

Seriously though, a good suggestion.

I'm deprioritizing my PS5 pro order. If they're not going to allow unlimited automatic near real time replay saves forcing customers to keep wasting time with "managing space" and unaccountable ramming in lapping so racing is not possible, I'm going to fund other titles and priorities.

But I'd gladly pay even more for a monthly subscription with proper detailed stats tracking and unlimited automatic replays with online on track accountability so there can be racing.

I'll just keep my money earning interest and dividends until they stop devaluing my time.

I'm deprioritizing my PS5 pro order. If they're not going to allow unlimited automatic near real time replay saves forcing customers to keep wasting time with "managing space" and unaccountable ramming in lapping so racing is not possible, I'm going to fund other titles and priorities.

But I'd gladly pay even more for a monthly subscription with proper detailed stats tracking and unlimited automatic replays with online on track accountability so there can be racing.

I'll just keep my money earning interest and dividends until they stop devaluing my time.
Sooooo...you're still getting it?

Looks like the PS5 Pro will have RT all the time, but the £699 price tag seems a lot. I don’t expect to see any more content because of PS5 Pro
Not exclusive to ps5 pro no, but pretty much very likely that a larger update getting released with ps5 pro.

My prediction is that PD is skipping the month of September to release a sizeable update that coincides with the launch of the PS5 Pro.

It'll include further refinement of the physics update. Vehicles. Graphical and performance improvements for Pro users. And I think we'll get a bump in Sophy AI for Pro users.

Just a hunch but I'm pretty sure we've had a notable rise in events recently involving Lamborghini's so my prediction is that the new Countach is coming to GT7

I think this could be Revuelto or we could get it too. It is already one year old, we have all „main” V12 lambos in GT7 and I remember that Aventador was added as DLC to GT5 very close to its release.

My prediction is that PD is skipping the month of September to release a sizeable update that coincides with the launch of the PS5 Pro.

It'll include further refinement of the physics update. Vehicles. Graphical and performance improvements for Pro users. And I think we'll get a bump in Sophy AI for Pro users.
Which would increase the chances of them announcing it at GTWS Tokyo, then? But on the other hand, they already skipped August.

Last edited:

If thats the case we wont get an update until pro release in November.I cant see it but you never know.

10 cars including:
  • Ford Mustang GT3 '24
  • Ferrari 296 GT3 '23
  • BMW M4 GT3 '21
  • Ferrari 812 Superfast '17
  • Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
  • Lamborghini SC63 '24
  • Ford Mustang Dark Horse '24
  • Honda CIVIC TYPE R '08
  • Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) '05
  • Chevrolet Corvette Z06 GT3.R '24
And a new track: