Saturday Night 1,600 Miles Classic Sports Car Series, Next Race 9/14/24, 2. 285 km of Brands Hatch , Open 7pm, Qualifying 8pm, Race 8:30pm Eastern USOpen 

View attachment 1385400

After over 3 hours of 2 lap time trials. I'm being nice and sharing my results. This is the top 13 of the cars I tested. Please note car ran later on had the advantage of me being more in practice with the track. They are also not fine tuned for the track. Some cars may improve greatly they were.

P.S. Don't dismiss the F40. This car gets the best downforce package of anything I've tested So far. It is also only lightly tuned because I only have 1 F40 currently.
Some of your results are far different than mine. I don't see the Ferrari GTO listed which I found to be one of the better performing cars, for me it was faster than the F40.

Some of your results are far different than mine. I don't see the Ferrari GTO listed which I found to be one of the better performing cars, for me it was faster than the F40.
I don't have either Ferrari GTO yet. I feel I could much run better with the F40 better tuning. It bit to must understeer for me when I ran. I didn't expect the Lancia Delta to post that well.

No, I was just interested to see it compared to the other cars.
I have almost completly stopped playing GT7 for quite a while and only do a few minutes occasionally if something picks my interest (like your times up there).
Well the door is open if you change your mind.

1600 Miles Car Regulations

Current of 8/23/24.
Special Regulations
*1989 or Older
*Reverse Grandfathering for car models that began production before 1990. List of eligible grandfathered cars provide below.
*Road Cars, Race Cars, and Dated Concepts Allowed
*No Non-dated Cars
*Car must have working lights
*No Gr.1 Group C
*Fully Customizable: Racing Transmission Cannot Be Used
*Fuel Mapping (AT) Automatic Drivers may use only up to Fuel Map Setting 3 without penalty.
*Fuel Mapping (MT) Use of Fuel Mapping is Fully Prohibited for Manual Drivers.

Reverse Grandfathered Cars List

Ferrari F40 '92
Ferrari Testarossa '91
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
Mazda RX-7 FC GT-X '90
Mercedes 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II '91
Nissan Silvia S13 Ks Dia Selection '90
Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R Nismo '90
Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R V-Spec II '94
Porsche 911 964 Carrera RS '92
Volvo 240 SE Estate 1993

Regulations

*580 pp
*No BOP
*Tuning Allowed
*Sports Hards Tires Only
*No Nitrous
*No Engine Swaps
*Tires x4
*Fuel x2
*Only ABS and Driving Line Allowed

Race Schedule

8/31, 0. Prologue 160km of St Croix C
9/7, 1. 395 km of High Speed Ring (Reverse)
9/14, 2. 285 km of Brands Hatch
9/28, 3. 310 km of Nurburgring (Nordschleife)
10/12, 4. 400km of Le Mans (No Chicane)
10/19, 5. 350 km of Monza
11/2, 6. 300 km of Suzuka Circuit
11/16, 7. Willow Springs 205 (Big Willow)
11/23, 8. Road Atlanta 195

Race Details
High-Speed Ring Reverse, 91 Laps Race, 245.7 miles (395.4 km), Late Morning Start, Time Change x3, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain Maybe, Fuel At Start 97%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Contact Penalty On

Race Details
Brand Hatch Grand Prix, 73 Laps Race, 178.8 miles (287.8 km), Late Morning Start, Time Change x3, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Fuel At Start 98%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Contact Penalty On

I reposted the regulations, race schedule, and details for the first 2 races. Since there's no break between race 1 & 2. Brands Hatch the weekend immediately after High-Speed Ring Reverse.

Hey guys less than 4 days away from the season opener at High-Speed Ring Reverse. Since all the races were balanced out by average speed to be close to the same duration. This ended up as the 2nd longest race by distance. Only being edged out slightly by Le Mans No Chicane. The target race distance is first lap past 395 km. We should finish before nightfall in game. However rain is a possibility at this race track. Luckily sports tires have tread.

While there is some historical aspect to how this track ended up to schedule. I admittedly more picked this high speed race track to help shave mileage off of the other races. I also wanted a race track with high backing but, didn't want to use Daytona again. Since it's already a permanent event for the Endurance League.

I'm also sort of using High-Speed Ring Reverse as a stand in for old Fuji Speedway before it's early-mid 2000s major reconfiguration. Old Fuji was very fast and flowing track. Instead of the very technical modern layout you know today. You can drive older configurations of the track in GT4. As I've stated in the past. I believe High-Speed Ring to be a fantasized version of old Fuji. Possibly based off the original concept of Fuji Speedway.

Anyways while High-Speed Ring is by far the newest track by conception on schedule. It is one of tracks from the original Gran Turismo game released in 1997. And is arguably the closest of the 5 tracks available from the original game available in GT7 to it's original layout characteristics.

However this is the 3rd version of track from the original that appeared in GT1 and GT2. High-Speed Ring didn't appear in GT3.

The 2nd version of High-Speed Ring debut in GT4 and appeared in GT5 and GT6 as well. The track was lengthened from it's original 1.9 miles to almost 2.5 miles. I imagine cartoon character with tire pump plugged into the track blowing up. Other changes include the decreasing nature of turn 1 (Reverse turn 6) being made much more pronounced. The banking was reduced a lot for turns 3 and 4. And new extended pit entrance for the forward layout. Scenery was updated including the addition of the bridge between turns 2 and 3.

The 3rd version of track was just introduced into GT7. Track length was slightly increased again from the 2.5 miles to 2.7 miles. Guess tire pump guy came back. Turn 2 (Reverse turn 5) was reprofiled. It was sharpened and for reason was given a small higher banked run off area so everyone can abuse extra track space. You know like the story of why Darlington Raceway is so narrow. The extended pit entrance was taken out of use but, still exists. So grass was removed particularly on the inside of turn 5 (Reverse turn 2).

Track characteristics High-Speed Ring is a house of speed either duration. Top speed is more important for the reverse track. Due to the change order of turn characteristics. The modern version of High-Speed Ring is has very high tire wear characteristics. I guess the track was last repaved with cheese graters. Good luck with your car choices and setup guys.

Hey guys less than 4 days away from the season opener at High-Speed Ring Reverse. Since all the races were balanced out by average speed to be close to the same duration. This ended up as the 2nd longest race by distance. Only being edged out slightly by Le Mans No Chicane. The target race distance is first lap past 395 km. We should finish before nightfall in game. However rain is a possibility at this race track. Luckily sports tires have tread.

While there is some historical aspect to how this track ended up to schedule. I admittedly more picked this high speed race track to help shave mileage off of the other races. I also wanted a race track with high backing but, didn't want to use Daytona again. Since it's already a permanent event for the Endurance League.

I'm also sort of using High-Speed Ring Reverse as a stand in for old Fuji Speedway before it's early-mid 2000s major reconfiguration. Old Fuji was very fast and flowing track. Instead of the very technical modern layout you know today. You can drive older configurations of the track in GT4. As I've stated in the past. I believe High-Speed Ring to be a fantasized version of old Fuji. Possibly based off the original concept of Fuji Speedway.

Anyways while High-Speed Ring is by far the newest track by conception on schedule. It is one of tracks from the original Gran Turismo game released in 1997. And is arguably the closest of the 5 tracks available from the original game available in GT7 to it's original layout characteristics.

However this is the 3rd version of track from the original that appeared in GT1 and GT2. High-Speed Ring didn't appear in GT3.

The 2nd version of High-Speed Ring debut in GT4 and appeared in GT5 and GT6 as well. The track was lengthened from it's original 1.9 miles to almost 2.5 miles. I imagine cartoon character with tire pump plugged into the track blowing up. Other changes include the decreasing nature of turn 1 (Reverse turn 6) being made much more pronounced. The banking was reduced a lot for turns 3 and 4. And new extended pit entrance for the forward layout. Scenery was updated including the addition of the bridge between turns 2 and 3.

The 3rd version of track was just introduced into GT7. Track length was slightly increased again from the 2.5 miles to 2.7 miles. Guess tire pump guy came back. Turn 2 (Reverse turn 5) was reprofiled. It was sharpened and for reason was given a small higher banked run off area so everyone can abuse extra track space. You know like the story of why Darlington Raceway is so narrow. The extended pit entrance was taken out of use but, still exists. So grass was removed particularly on the inside of turn 5 (Reverse turn 2).

Track characteristics High-Speed Ring is a house of speed either duration. Top speed is more important for the reverse track. Due to the change order of turn characteristics. The modern version of High-Speed Ring is has very high tire wear characteristics. I guess the track was last repaved with cheese graters. Good luck with your car choices and setup guys.
Darlington is shaped the way it is with 2 different radius corners because the land owner didn't want his minnow pond disturbed.

Darlington is shaped the way it is with 2 different radius corners because the land owner didn't want his minnow pond disturbed.
Yes I know. That's not the reason I mentioned Darlington. I was referring to why Darlington has such a narrow racing surface. Because when the track was built. What is now used as the racing surface was intended to be an attempt to create runoff room for an oval. The much wider flatter apron was intended to be the race track. Until someone discovered that it was faster to run the higher banking.

Yes I know. That's not the reason I mentioned Darlington. I was referring to why Darlington has such a narrow racing surface. Because when the track was built. What is now used as the racing surface was intended to be an attempt to create runoff room for an oval. The much wider flatter apron was intended to be the race track. Until someone discovered that it was faster to run the higher banking.
When Darlington was built they raced banked surfaces far different than they do today. They used to run high banked tracks all the way against the wall, they never got close to the apron. I think it was Mario Andretti who would run against the wall at Daytona then dive for the apron in the corners, the other drivers were afraid to do that, they were waiting for him to kill himself. When they discovered it was faster they gradually started running wall to apron on high banks. I think Darlington was always run up high against the wall because of the parabolic banking, it's just a 1 groove track cause that's the way they built it. I remember seeing them ride Darlingtons walls in the 70's.

When Darlington was built they raced banked surfaces far different than they do today. They used to run high banked tracks all the way against the wall, they never got close to the apron. I think it was Mario Andretti who would run against the wall at Daytona then dive for the apron in the corners, the other drivers were afraid to do that, they were waiting for him to kill himself. When they discovered it was faster they gradually started running wall to apron on high banks. I think Darlington was always run up high against the wall because of the parabolic banking, it's just a 1 groove track cause that's the way they built it. I remember seeing them ride Darlingtons walls in the 70's.
Nope the high banked surface at Darlington was meant to be runoff room. That was never meant to be the main race track. In that sense the track failed because it was quickly discovered it was faster to run runoff area. Gran Turismo seems like they tried to put in a runoff area for turn 2 at High-Speed Ring. And simulator Darlington it failed. Players now use it as part of the race track.

Nope the high banked surface at Darlington was meant to be runoff room. That was never meant to be the main race track. In that sense the track failed because it was quickly discovered it was faster to run runoff area. Gran Turismo seems like they tried to put in a runoff area for turn 2 at High-Speed Ring. And simulator Darlington it failed. Players now use it as part of the race track.
Why would someone build a racetrack with run off area that takes the car right into the wall? Never heard of such a thing and I am very well read on the history of NACSAR.

Why would someone build a racetrack with run off area that takes the car right into the wall? Never heard of such a thing and I am very well read on the history of NACSAR.
NASCAR brings it up almost every time they race Darlington. I guess to answer everyone's question about why the actual used track is so narrow.

Car Regulations

Current of 8/24/24.
Special Regulations
*1989 or Older
*Reverse Grandfathering for car models that began production before 1990. List of eligible grandfathered cars provide below.
*No Non-dated Cars
*No Gr.1 Group C
*Fuel Mapping (AT) Automatic Drivers may use only up to Fuel Map Setting 3 without penalty.

Ferrari F40 '92
Ferrari Testarossa '91
Mazda RX-7 FC GT-X '90
Volvo 240 SE Estate 1993

Regulations

*580 pp
*No BOP
*Tuning Allowed
*Sports Hards Tires Only
*No Nitrous
*No Engine Swaps
*Tires x4
*Fuel x2

Race Details
High-Speed Ring Reverse, 91 Laps Race, 245.7 miles (395.4 km), Late Morning Start, Time Change x3, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain Maybe, Fuel At Start 97%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Contact Penalty On

Race Details
Brand Hatch Grand Prix, 73 Laps Race, 178.8 miles (287.8 km), Late Morning Start, Time Change x3, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Fuel At Start 98%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Contact Penalty On

I reposted the regulations and details for the 1st 2 races since they are back to back. Reminder wet conditions is possible at High-Speed Ring Reverse. It's not as problematic on sports tires but, will still make for a challenging experience.

Car Regulations

Current of 8/24/24.
Special Regulations
*1989 or Older
*No Non-dated Cars
*No Gr.1 Group C

Ferrari F40 '92
Ferrari Testarossa '91
Mazda RX-7 FC GT-X '90
Volvo 240 SE Estate 1993

Regulations

*580 pp
*No BOP
*Tuning Allowed
*Sports Hards Tires Only
*No Nitrous
*No Engine Swaps
*Tires x4
*Fuel x2

Race Details

Race Details

I reposted the regulations and details for the 1st 2 races since they are back to back. Reminder wet conditions is possible at High-Speed Ring Reverse. It's not as problematic on sports tires but, will still make for a challenging experience.
I don't have to read all that and compare notes, nothing changed, correct?

Only 1 day until our opening race for the 1600 Miles Series. Oh I highly recommend saving the replays for these races yourselves if you want it. I likely won't be able to post any of replays.

191cfaa09e687-7df9fc1b5cb47c6fe78c1d712ee879aa8e334b43-245_message_441795581212343_1725763989110.jpg

Race 1 Results

Pole Award: fastone371
Race Winner: fastone371
Fastest Lap: fastone371

Notes: poolshark3436 DNF Crash

Reminder anyone who made their 1st start in this race are now locked into with their chosen ride. Any unapproved car changes after your 1st will occur a penalty. See car change policy for details.

2024 1,600 Miles Series Standings

Position, PSN ID, Points Total, Wins / Best
1. fastone371, 16 pts, 1 Win
2. Michel-QC_21, 9 pts, 2nd
3. MrMidn7ght, 6 pts, 3rd
4. TheColdWarriors, 3 pts, 4th
5. DusanMandic9, 2 pts, 5th
6. poolshark3436, 1 pt, 6th

Race Details

9/28, 3. 310 km of Nurburgring (Nordschleife)
Race Details
Nurburgring Nordschleife, 15 Laps Race, 194.1 miles (312.3 km), Late Morning Start, Time Change x3, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain Yes, Fuel At Start 87%, 25 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Contact Penalty On, Delayed Race Start to About 8:40pm EDT

Last edited:
Our next race is at the historic Brands Hatch circuit located in West Kingdown, England. One of 2 British venues available in GT7. The other being Goodwood. This will be the shortest race by mileage. Good news Gran Turismo says it doesn't rain in England. I think they need more research but, I can guarantee a dry race.

When I started working on the 1,600 Miles Series. I initially settled on 6 races the extended to 8 races. One for each of the major car manufacturering countries. Deciding the circuit that would represent Britain was one of the more difficult decision I made. To be honest both Brands Hatch and Goodwood deserve to be apart of this schedule but, I only had room for one. I choose Brands Hatch over Goodwood due to Goodwood closing in 1966 and not reopened until 1998.

Anyways Brands Hatch opened in 1950 initially as a counter clockwise circuit. This was quickly changed in 1953 along with the 1st reconfiguration. Similar to Watkins Glen the short track actually came first. The GP extension wasn't added in 1960.

Brands Hatch in past has hosted some big players including Formula 1 and the World Endurance Championship predecessor's the World Sports Car Championship.

The unfortunate news now days Brands Hatch is a shadow of it's former past. The track is under threat. It's the usually song and dance. Much of the local community is not race track friendly. And track activities are limited to only few events each. Will never understand why people who don't like racing would move next an active race track.

Anyways characteristics Brands Hatch is a short, narrow and very hilly race. The amount of elevation changes in a race track that is less than 2 and half miles length amazing. I often compare the to a roller coaster or even a miniature Nurburgring due to the elevation changes. That is elevation change is a big part of the difficulty that is Brand Hatch. As without the elevation change Brands Hatch would be a much simpler course. As the track has few connecting corners giving it somewhat of a stop go element.

I don't exactly have advice for Brands Hatch. I either good or bad here depending the day and car characteristics. And I wish I could say I what a good setup is but, I can't. Good luck guys get to work. Race 2 is in less than 5 days from this post.

Our next race is at the historic Brands Hatch circuit located in West Kingdown, England. One of 2 British venues available in GT7. The other being Goodwood. This will be the shortest race by mileage. Good news Gran Turismo says it doesn't rain in England. I think they need more research but, I can guarantee a dry race.

When I started working on the 1,600 Miles Series. I initially settled on 6 races the extended to 8 races. One for each of the major car manufacturering countries. Deciding the circuit that would represent Britain was one of the more difficult decision I made. To be honest both Brands Hatch and Goodwood deserve to be apart of this schedule but, I only had room for one. I choose Brands Hatch over Goodwood due to Goodwood closing in 1966 and not reopened until 1998.

Anyways Brands Hatch opened in 1950 initially as a counter clockwise circuit. This was quickly changed in 1953 along with the 1st reconfiguration. Similar to Watkins Glen the short track actually came first. The GP extension wasn't added in 1960.

Brands Hatch in past has hosted some big players including Formula 1 and the World Endurance Championship predecessor's the World Sports Car Championship.

The unfortunate news now days Brands Hatch is a shadow of it's former past. The track is under threat. It's the usually song and dance. Much of the local community is not race track friendly. And track activities are limited to only few events each. Will never understand why people who don't like racing would move next an active race track.

Anyways characteristics Brands Hatch is a short, narrow and very hilly race. The amount of elevation changes in a race track that is less than 2 and half miles length amazing. I often compare the to a roller coaster or even a miniature Nurburgring due to the elevation changes. That is elevation change is a big part of the difficulty that is Brand Hatch. As without the elevation change Brands Hatch would be a much simpler course. As the track has few connecting corners giving it somewhat of a stop go element.

I don't exactly have advice for Brands Hatch. I either good or bad here depending the day and car characteristics. And I wish I could say I what a good setup is but, I can't. Good luck guys get to work. Race 2 is in less than 5 days from this post.
The characteristics of Brands Hatch are that you are always turning while braking, why??

Just 2 days until our race at Brands Hatch this Saturday. We get an off week after this one. Before our race at the Nurburgring. Currently scheduled for Saturday 9/28.

A repost of details for Brands Hatch. Shortest race of the season by distance.

Race Details

Last edited:
Back