Saturday Night League Off Season

Next Points Race

6/22, 15. 1.5 Hours of Watkins Glen

Race Details
Watkins Glen International Long Course, 90 Minutes Race, Late Morning Start, Time Change x8, Night Driving Yes, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Tires Required RH RM RS, Tires x6, Fuel x3, Fuel At Start 97%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Wall Penalties None, Pit Line Penalty Off, Contact Penalty On, x1.5 Points Payout

Only 1 day until our season final at the Watkins Glen Long Course. We unfortunately may not have the Gr.3 class this round but, the show will go on unless some unknown event says otherwise. Corner penalties are on weak. Since Gran Turismo can be penalty happy here. No pit line penalties because I think making drivers craw the apex of the last corner is stupid and dangerous. I've lost count how many times I've been clipped entering this pit. Please still abide the exit line. I don't want drivers cutoff others exiting the pits.

It's here guys. Race day for the final round of the 2024 Saturday Night Endurance League at the legendary Watkins Glen. This 90 minutes feature on the long course will close out our season. A total 15 point races over a course of 6 months made up this championship. While the top 3 spots for Gr.3 have already been decided. Regardless of whether or not the class runs tonight. The top 3 in Gr.1 are up for grabs. It's the mid tier x1.5 points scoring this race. See you guys tonight.

Replay posted. Race results above. I finalize points tomorrow.

Thank you everyone who raced in the 2024 season. I hope this series will be back for season 3 in 2025. The Le Mans race will swap to the No Chicane layout for odd years. I'll be on break for at least the early summer. Check in for details on the Fall series and for any special I feel hosting.

19043190f7543-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 15 Results

Gr.1 Results

Pole Award: OCR_GUI_JOSA
Race Winner: OCR_GUI_JOSA
Fastest Lap: OCR_GUI_JOSA

Gr.3 Results

Did Not Run

If you ask me at the beginning of the season if I thought the same driver could win both classes. I would have asked how.

Final Gr.1 Points Standings
Updated to Round 15, 6/22/24
Scoring Rounds Remaining 0

Position. PSN ID, Points Total, Wins
1. OCR_GUI_JOSA, 194 pts, 5 Wins
2. fastone371, 189 pts, 3 Wins
3. Michel-QC_21, 95 pts, 1 Win
4. Xq5jump212, 6 pts
5. poolshark3436, 4 pts
6. MrMidn7ght, 2 pts
7. TheColdWarriors, 165 pts, 2 Wins *

*TheColdWarriors has been disqualified for some stupid made up violation.

Congratulations to Gr.1 Champion OCR_GUI_JOSA!

Also Congratulations 2nd and 3rd place Fastone371 and Michel-QC_21!

Final Gr.3 Points Standings
Updated to Round 14, 6/8/24
Scoring Rounds Remaining 0

Position. PSN ID, Points Total, Wins
1. OCR_GUI_JOSA, 240 pts, 7 Wins
2. DusanMandic9, 172 pts, 2 Wins
3. poolshark3436, 121 pts, 2 Wins
4. Michel-QC_21, 64 pts, 2 Wins
5. Ace5920, 62 pts
6. SHOFAST, 30 pts
7. fastone371, 28 pts
8. p1p_squeek11, 27 pts
9. TheColdWarriors, 23 pts
10. iismoke_DOPE, 4 pts
11. C_rose149, 2 pts
12. breadedkilljoy, 2 pts

Congratulations to Gr.3 Champion OCR_GUI_JOSA!

Also Congratulations 2nd and 3rd place DusanMandic9 and poolshark3436!

As for the prizes I mentioned. The class winners are allowed 2 track picks for the 2025 season. Or in this case sole winner of both classes gets 4 picks, 2 for each class. The 2nd and 3rd place finishers both classes get 1 track pick each for 2025 season. Track picks do not to be in until 4 weeks out of the planned start time. This year the cutoff December 7th, 2024 Hawaii time or by 5:00am Eastern. No dirt, snow, or Nurb Tourist. Make sure to be layout specific or I may get creative. Repeat visits are allowed even in one season.

Last edited:
I feel like I had said something early on about doing a league or at least hosting some races. I came across a few of my old pony & muscle cars looking at my cars in the my garage and I kind of think a mixed or maybe a race in each category on a few of our off weeks or in the off season could be fun.

Here is a few pics of the Pony Series Camaro Concept I have made. Still thinking about the custom BoP settings and testing to see what kind of performance I would like them to have. But I think I am happy with the livery requirements I have come up with in my head and they are shown here on this car.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-25 211107.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-25 211107.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2024-06-25 211140.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-25 211140.png
    423.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2024-06-25 211201.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-25 211201.png
    114.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2024-06-25 211215.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-25 211215.png
    218.4 KB · Views: 2
I feel like I had said something early on about doing a league or at least hosting some races. I came across a few of my old pony & muscle cars looking at my cars in the my garage and I kind of think a mixed or maybe a race in each category on a few of our off weeks or in the off season could be fun.

Here is a few pics of the Pony Series Camaro Concept I have made. Still thinking about the custom BoP settings and testing to see what kind of performance I would like them to have. But I think I am happy with the livery requirements I have come up with in my head and they are shown here on this car.
Yes this is way too sophisticated of series markings for a race car's of this era. At best there would be square or circle background if that. Some series they would just paint the number on the car. The old AMG Touring car is a example of what they did back then. Though it's surprisingly well sponsored for the era.

There are also some of us who do not do our own liveries. I'm not really a video game player but I am a racer and car enthusiast, it would take me a long time to learn how to make my own livery.

Yes this is way too sophisticated of series markings for a race car's of this era. At best there would be square or circle background if that. Some series they would just paint the number on the car. The old AMG Touring car is a example of what they did back then. Though it's surprisingly well sponsored for the era.
Yes I know the series markings are more sophisticated than that of the original T/A series. I was just inspired and not looking to make exact replicas. I was originally thinking about doing it with the modern cars but I didn’t have many of them so I pivoted to the older cars. I also have it set up to hopefully have both classes racing at the same time and there are a couple of the cars that straddle the line of both so they could be in either group. So I wanted to have a way to tell them apart from each other. I think the thought process for the series markings was in the mid 90s when the Impala SS was showing up on streets this series started at a regional/local track or car club. So I would be ok with people making a replica livery and just adding the required decals to make it series legal and some making a more modern livery.

As for the sponsorships that is a place I struggle with because I never know where to stop. Sometimes I feel like there is just too much open space.

Sorry for the long wondering response.

There are also some of us who do not do our own liveries. I'm not really a video game player but I am a racer and car enthusiast, it would take me a long time to learn how to make my own livery.
As part of my testing I’ll have to make many other cars so I will likely end up making liveries for those as well and I would make a template of just the requirements and allow others to put any extras they might want. I could also make liveries for others. If you know of others that make them they could make one. I also know others that make amazing liveries that could potentially create some for someone needing one. Not being able to make a livery would never be a barrier to joining any races I would host.

Yes I know the series markings are more sophisticated than that of the original T/A series. I was just inspired and not looking to make exact replicas. I was originally thinking about doing it with the modern cars but I didn’t have many of them so I pivoted to the older cars. I also have it set up to hopefully have both classes racing at the same time and there are a couple of the cars that straddle the line of both so they could be in either group. So I wanted to have a way to tell them apart from each other. I think the thought process for the series markings was in the mid 90s when the Impala SS was showing up on streets this series started at a regional/local track or car club. So I would be ok with people making a replica livery and just adding the required decals to make it series legal and some making a more modern livery.

As for the sponsorships that is a place I struggle with because I never know where to stop. Sometimes I feel like there is just too much open space.

Sorry for the long wondering response.
I can't guarantee my presentation aways. I was planning on spending my summer doing the master licenses and car collecting. There's quite a few expensive toys I lack. My 2 top targets are the McLaren F1 road car and the Ferrari 330. Both of which are now at the 20 million credits price cap. A long with that I want to complete stuff in other video games I've been ignoring too. I my run a special around my birthday at the end of July. Since it will be during the 2 weeks of no racing because of Olympics. Otherwise I wasn't planning on anything until September. And I not 100% set what exactly I want to do for the fall league anyways.

I can't guarantee my presentation aways. I was planning on spending my summer doing the master licenses and car collecting. There's quite a few expensive toys I lack. My 2 top targets are the McLaren F1 road car and the Ferrari 330. Both of which are now at the 20 million credits price cap. A long with that I want to complete stuff in other video games I've been ignoring too. I my run a special around my birthday at the end of July. Since it will be during the 2 weeks of no racing because of Olympics. Otherwise I wasn't planning on anything until September. And I not 100% set what exactly I want to do for the fall league anyways.
No problem but if I do get to the point where I’m ready to do a test race or something I’ll keep the group posted. This is the first place I have mentioned it but if I am able to get more serious with it I’ll spread the word in some of the leagues I race on that use discord.

I decided to put a quick Muscle car version with just the required decals. The light grey box is just a representative of the area that you could put the side number board. The windshield banner wouldn't require the exact Pontiac decal but the outside ones would be required and something showing the manufacture in either text or logo or both like this one.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-26 171418.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-26 171418.png
    108 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2024-06-26 171358.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-26 171358.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2024-06-26 171339.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-26 171339.png
    205 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2024-06-26 171304.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-26 171304.png