Sauber C9 must be driven like sequential gearbox.

Has anyone noticed that you can't drive the Sauber C9 with fully manual shifting?

I haven't tried any of the other Group C cars, but the others from the same era (late 80's early 90's) all had fully manual gearboxes as well, so i have to wonder if it's only an error with the C9 or is it the same with the others? Does PD not realize that this is incorrect or is it an honest mistake?

Before anyone asks, my shifter is the TH8RS and it isn't broken, it works perfectly fine with other cars.

I would prefer if you could just drive any car with any method of shifting like in GT5, that simplifies it and doesn't allow for something like the above issue to happen.

Has anyone noticed that you can't drive the Sauber C9 with fully manual shifting?

I haven't tried any of the other Group C cars, but the others from the same era (late 80's early 90's) all had fully manual gearboxes as well, so i have to wonder if it's only an error with the C9 or is it the same with the others? Does PD not realize that this is incorrect or is it an honest mistake?

Before anyone asks, my shifter is the TH8RS and it isn't broken, it works perfectly fine with other cars.

I would prefer if you could just drive any car with any method of shifting like in GT5, that simplifies it and doesn't allow for something like the above issue to happen.
All the "standard" car with fully adjustable gearbox that I've come across only work on sequential for now.

All the "standard" car with fully adjustable gearbox that I've come across only work on sequential for now.

That's strange. I've not tried many standards, but still the C9 is now a "Premium" with full interior even though it still sounds like the vacuum from GT5.

The clutch is already basically horrible and difficult to use sometimes since there's obviously no feedback on the shifter, but to have even more issues with the drivetrain than in GT5 is a bit disappointing. I guess i can only hope that this is something that will be patched in the future.

I have installed fully adjustable gear boxes on quite a few cars, the only two I have found this issue with so far are the Light Car Co. Rocket car and the Sauber, fortunately I have a TH8RS that does both.

I think it maybe a case of improper labeling by PD, see this related Rocket Car thread.

Last edited:
That's strange. I've not tried many standards, but still the C9 is now a "Premium" with full interior even though it still sounds like the vacuum from GT5.

The clutch is already basically horrible and difficult to use sometimes since there's obviously no feedback on the shifter, but to have even more issues with the drivetrain than in GT5 is a bit disappointing. I guess i can only hope that this is something that will be patched in the future.
Didnt know that its now a premium :drool:

I have installed fully adjustable gear boxes on quite a few cars, the only two I have found this issue with so far are the Light Car Co. Rocket car and the Sauber, fortunately I have a TH8RS that does both.

I think it maybe a case of improper labeling by PD, see this related Rocket Car thread.

Didnt know about the LLC Rocket either, in the description, it was cleary said that this car has a motor AND tranny from a Yamaha Bike. Yes bike have clutch, but once you're gone, you dont need it anymore.

The Mclaren F1 race car is also like this, the car has a 6 speed manual and not a sequential. Same with the Jaguar XJR-9, the real car had a 5 speed manual. This is an inaccuracy issue with the game, pretty annoying one too.

The Mclaren F1 race car is also like this, the car has a 6 speed manual and not a sequential. Same with the Jaguar XJR-9, the real car had a 5 speed manual. This is an inaccuracy issue with the game, pretty annoying one too.
Are you saying that the car ingame is a manual, or the RL car? Because the real F1 race car is a sequential.

Yeah the later "Long tail" F1 GTR had a sequential gearbox, as seen in this video from 3:58 onwards.

I believe that the earlier GTR's ('95, '96) had the standard gearbox. For 1997 they heavily modified the car to meet new FIA GT1 rules - to achieve this they modified the car quite heavily and it ended up having a sequential gearbox instead.

Latest Posts

Back