• 42 comments

Katiegan

Wrenching Wench
Premium
United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Katiegan
KatieB53

Cancer is a horrible thing. It not only affects those who have it, but those close to them too. It can affect many parts of the body - lung, stomach, throat, liver, and many more. One of the forms that affects many women is breast cancer. October 2012 is dedicated to those women, bringing awareness around the world. But Breast Cancer Awareness Month is going beyond the real world... it's coming to GT5!

But it can only come to the world of GT5 with your help. Paint cars pink, wear pink race suits, change your My Home colour to pink, just go PINK!​

Breast Cancer Awareness Month was discussed for a period of time in this thread, but now our pink domination is getting it's own special thread!

Pink Support:

ZachAttack1991's Nissan Skyline GT-R

5D8EB20C-62A1-456F-8535-35A4AE0ADE82-4626-00000557DB5B5A79.jpg

Ddrizle's Subaru BRZ S

sporkface69's Art Morrison Corvette

picture.php

race'emhard's Pink Suit

picture.php

kennylmao's Pink Suit & Mazda Eunos Roadster

AzNTypeR's Mitusibishi Evo X

ahrweilerstreet1k.jpg

m8h3r's Nissan Silvia RM

EigerNordwandShortTrack_zpsc5388166.jpg

UrieHusky's BMW M5

MustangManiac's Pink Suit & Art Morrison Corvette

Siena-PiazzadelCampo.jpg

TripleA5's Mazda Eunos Roadster

418912_175632722551326_1326812361_n.jpg

Nicksfix's Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 RM "Pink Lady"

Vette4.jpg

praiano63's McLaren F1

suzukacircuit24.jpg

Core GT will also be showing their support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month in this Friday's race, naming it Pink Friday.

Clueless Tunes are showing their support too, with their campaign, Save The Ta Tas. Go ahead and paint a Clueless Tunes car pink!

Get the word out! Give a link to this thread in your signature titled; "Save The Knockers. Go Pink."

Click here to like our Facebook page!

I have a pink enzo. ZR1.AND SOME PINK WHEELS aon alotta cars ill support\ I forgot my pink lfa lol

Last edited:
The Breast Cancer campaign here has inspired me to make my own BC Awareness car. I'll buy a Fiat 500, soup it up into a (hopefully) Abarth 500 replica, and paint it Passionate Pink. I know it's late, and I know it's not much, but better late and little than never and nothing at all right? Let's help get the message across!

I painted the aventador pink for this. Things i have learnt
1. It looks amazing
2. I dunno how to upload pictures via PS3

I posted this in the other thread:

Dear Almost Everyone in this Thread,

How about instead of painting cars in a bloody video game you actually do something worthwhile and donate money to cancer research institutions!

Sincerely,
Captain Obvious.

My point being, painting cars in GT5 doesn't actually achieve much compared to a donation.

My point being, painting cars in GT5 doesn't actually achieve much compared to a donation.

Isn't it about raising awareness?

For example, some people might not realise it's happening this month. Or even some young people (I won't say "kids") playing online might not know anything about it at all, and ask you why you're driving a pink car.

I agree about donating, whether it's a dollar, a pound or whatever. But raising awareness is important too.

Thank you for the link to Clueless Tunes 👍. Once I can get to a Wi-Fi area I will add a link to here in my signature.

As far as a monetary contribution meaning more the showing your support, I already stated why it's important in the other thread.

But again, showing someone you care, whether it being painting your car, sending a card to the suffering, or any other way to say you care can mean the world to those that have, or are suffering.

+1

Awareness is one thing, being a part of the solution is another. I'm also starting to think that most people on here are just doing it to follow the rest, not in raising awareness, but just "monkey see, monkey do"!

My friend, of nearly 20 years, mother, suffered from breast cancer, she eventually passed away, I don't paint or have anything pink to show my support, I gave her money and groceries when they were in need (out of work).

Bluntified
+1

Awareness is one thing, being a part of the solution is another. I'm also starting to think that most people on here are just doing it to follow the rest, not in raising awareness, but just "monkey see, monkey do"!

My friend, of nearly 20 years, mother, suffered from breast cancer, she eventually passed away, I don't paint or have anything pink to show my support, I gave her money and groceries when they were in need (out of work).

Glad someone on here understands my point, rather than simply bleating about "awareness" and painting things pink. Awareness without action is worthless.

Good to see so many participants. 👍

I'll paint my favourite car (Saleen) pink and get it up tomorrow. :)

We need a PINK ROOM for a group photo.

If that does happen please let me know so I can join. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Ill post some pictures of my pink R35 TC...

Ive had cancer and I know its a terrible thing for one to jave to go through.

I wish all of those whove had, still have or know someone who has cancer.

Ace

That is why, much like roflcoptor said, we are raising awareness, not raising money.

Why? It's a well known decease. And not a single person will learn about it, by you painting a car in a game, pink. Really not trying to be an ass, and you can of course do whatever you like, but this seems rather pointless to me.

On top of that, it seems odd to focus on one particular type of cancer, when cancer as a whole is bad. Why is breast cancer more important than any other type? And yes, I know it one of the more common types of cancer, but still.

And do we need more than one thread on the subject?

Last edited:
Why? It's a well known decease. And not a single person will learn about it, by you painting a car in a game, pink. Really not trying to be an ass, and you can of course do whatever you like, but this seems rather pointless to me.

On top of that, it seems odd to focus on one particular type of cancer, when cancer as a whole is bad. Why is breast cancer more important than any other type? And yes, I know it one of the more common types of cancer, but still.

And do we need more than two threads on the subject?

Don't bother.

PS it's because of this:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/news/media-centre/breast-cancer-awareness-month-press-pack

Why? It's a well known disease. And not a single person will learn about it, by you painting a car in a game, pink. Really not trying to be an ass, and you can of course do whatever you like, but this seems rather pointless to me.

Because, why not? :D
Also, anyone knows a nice shade of pink that isn't LFA's or Matte? :dopey:
It's just that I'm tired of those. :indiff:

Because, why not? :D
Also, anyone knows a nice shade of pink that isn't LFA's or Matte? :dopey:
It's just that I'm tired of those. :indiff:

I use Passionate Pink (see Saleen photo) Not sure where/how you get that.

One of our tuners (NEWDRIVER2) over at Clueless just posted this tune

Click Pic for tune

It is a dark pink(ish) color, but I like it.

Color= Bordeaux Mica

Back