• 33 comments

Diego440

Born to browse
Premium
Venezuela
CCS
GTP_Diego
Sorry is it's a repost

Michael is looking at McLaren here and wants a contract that Ferrari couldn't pay here

And Kimi could've signed an option to enter Ferrari in 2007 here and this one confirms it

I could picture Kimi in a Ferrari but only as the no.1 driver. I would HATE to see Schumacher in a Mclaren their like opposites, i mean most or some of Schumachers hardest competition has come from Mclaren

You will NEVER see Schumi at McLaren. At this stage in his career he ain't moving. He will finish his career out at the Scuderia (2007?)

However Kimi in red in 2007 (MS retires) makes ALOT of sense and I can see it happening.

MS will not go to McLaren.

I hope Kimi doesn't go to Ferrari, he just seems right in a McLaren. I suppose he will stay at McLaren until they aren't competetive.

Blake

Nah, I don't think Schumacher will be going anywhere now, its too late in his career, I think he'll be gone ina few seasons time.
I also agree with what Blake says.

If MS was in a mclaren this year and kimi in ferrari, would MS be leading the championship and kimi be in 3rd?

I've always been a McLaren fan (at least since 1982) and in the past few years I've also been an anti-MSchumacher... I can't see myself rooting for McLaren with Schumi in there... plus, at the end of one of the articles it says that if Schumi would win a race for McLaren it would be seen as a Schumacher win and not a McLaren win... that's pretty selfish, but it doesn't seem odd at Ferrari.

Anyway, I hope your predictions are true, Blake. Still, when the seasons are closing (and sometimes as previous as 3 months before), rumour and speculation seems to be flying around more than usual.

Diego440
I've always been a McLaren fan (at least since 1982) and in the past few years I've also been an anti-MSchumacher... I can't see myself rooting for McLaren with Schumi in there... plus, at the end of one of the articles it says that if Schumi would win a race for McLaren it would be seen as a Schumacher win and not a McLaren win... that's pretty selfish, but it doesn't seem odd at Ferrari.

Anyway, I hope your predictions are true, Blake. Still, when the seasons are closing (and sometimes as previous as 3 months before), rumour and speculation seems to be flying around more than usual.
I'm the complete opposite. I'm a die-hard Scuderia- fan and from all the people in the world I hate Kimi the most. He can't speak, he doesn't give a good picture of himself cause he's allways in the papers because he drinks, when he loses he goes all mute and ****. I just hate the guy. Even a thought of seeing HIM in Ferrari makes me feel sick. I don't know what I would do then. And MS (the best driver EVER) in McLaren... :crazy: This whole news makes me want to vomit. It's just insane, and not in a good way.

SkylineGoes
I hate Kimi the most. He can't speak, he doesn't give a good picture of himself cause he's allways in the papers because he drinks,

He got arrested here (in this island, Gran Canaria) last November i think... I think that's hilarious. Still, I've been a Kimi fan since his days in Sauber... btu still I'd also hate to see him in Ferrari and MS in McLaren... they're complete opposites! Oh well.

who is going to McLaren, you say?

This one's easy....

JENSON BUTTON!

I really hope Kimi does not wind up in a Ferrari.

I do agree with his speach problems though, I can hardly understand him in his after race interview.

Everytime I listen to Kimi in his press conferences, I imagine some beatnik playing the bongos in the background.

I think MS will retire before he even touches a McLaren, Kimi however is a possibility i mean he is obviously being put down a peg or 2 in the championship due to techniqle problems in various races and if they have the same problem next year it could easially p*ss him off and then off he goes to Ferrari (who haven't exactley had much of a better reliability this year)

And Omnis, I dont think there is any way Jenson is gonna go to McLaren, I think after his year at Williams (if he has it) he will go back to BAR, they have done so much for him (revivied his career in '03, took him on still even though he turnt his back on them in Buttongate I, gave him his first pole and podium...)
He's a BAR man, McLaren would only want people who have just got into F1 so they can bring them up in their own little world (another reason why Schumy wont join) i mean they took Hakkinen in like his 3rd season in F1 or something liek that, Coulthard in his 2nd full season and the same with Kimi. (i think Montoya is the only one to break this fact....)

So in '07 it could be a massa/kimi line-up at Ferrari and a Montoya/??? line up at McLaren.

Time for a drivers of 2007 thread!!! sounds more intresting lol

I think that the Kimi/Ferrari thing is a smokescreen. I think that they're after Alonso.

Kimi is happy where he is. He'll retire from there.

GilesGuthrie
I think that the Kimi/Ferrari thing is a smokescreen. I think that they're after Alonso.

Not whilst Flavio is his manager will Ferrari get their hands on Alonso...

Bee
Not whilst Flavio is his manager will Ferrari get their hands on Alonso...

You're joking aren't you? Ferrari, with their huge wallet, and Flavio with his greedy eyes, not a match made in heaven you think? Flav not done it before with Benetton/Schumacher you say? Flav's Renault contract ending in 2006 got nothing to do with it you feel?

Oh look! A wall! With some writing on it! Whassit say? Ferrari 4 Fernando 2007??

GilesGuthrie
You're joking aren't you? Ferrari, with their huge wallet, and Flavio with his greedy eyes, not a match made in heaven you think? Flav not done it before with Benetton/Schumacher you say? Flav's Renault contract ending in 2006 got nothing to do with it you feel?

Oh look! A wall! With some writing on it! Whassit say? Ferrari 4 Fernando 2007??

Lmao ok i bet you a round down a random pub that Alonso will not be at Ferrari at 2007.

Wait....wtf is gonna happen with Massa then?

and when does kovaleinen debut?

Omnis
Wait....wtf is gonna happen with Massa then?

and when does kovaleinen debut?

Erm... oh yeah him well i think he will go down to someone like Williams after his adventure with Ferrari...

Bee
Lmao ok i bet you a round down a random pub that Alonso will not be at Ferrari at 2007.

If you make the terms "Alonso will replace Michael Schumacher at Ferrari", then you're on.

Lmao ok then its on!!

I still dunno why Flavio would want to give away his best driver in HIS team when he could earn a hell of a lot more keeping him than selling him...

GilesGuthrie
Well Ferrari have said who they would prefer to have ... and it wasn't Alonso.

"I consider a young man, who drives for a German-English team, to be the better choice."
--Jean Todt

That being said, I'm not sure if Kimi would leave McLaren.

GilesGuthrie
I think (and hope) you're right. Though, in reality, it all depends on next season. Kimi wants a more reliable car, Ron says he is not willing to sacrifice speed for reliability.

Really I think Ron is being stupid, the McLaren chassis is fast, get it up to scratch in terms of reliability and it will still be as good or better than the Renault. Kimi is also very fast, faster than Alonso I believe, he could win with a slightly slower car (look at last year).

Blake

Kimi wont leave McLaren hes too shy he wouldnt want to have to go through with learning a new team and getting to know people. Hes comfortable at McLaren.

I too think that if kimi and alonso were both put in the same car kimi would be faster.

blake
GilesGuthrie
Well Ferrari have said who they would prefer to have ... and it wasn't Alonso.

"I consider a young man, who drives for a German-English team, to be the better choice."
--Jean Todt

It's interesting that you quoted me and then Jean Todt. I read that quote too, and personally I believe that specific statement to be the smokescreen I was talking about. In my view, the fact that Briatore is saying he's not for sale (which is about as credible a statement as Jenson Button saying he's going to drive for a specific team next year), and the fact that Todt is making overtures about Alonso's big championship threat, are two classic indicators that there is misdirection going on.

Ferrari is driven as much by the Tifosi and the Italian media as anything else, and I believe that the comments made about Raikkonen's personality in this thread, whilst not affecting his ability as a driver, do reflect a lack of personality, a lack of anything behind which the media and the Tifosi can set their store. Compare that with Alonso, and his quiet but apparent determination, and you can see that Alonso is the better fit at Ferrari, even if he is probably not as absolutely quick as Raikkonen.

Plus, McLaren will try to hold on to Raikkonen at all costs. And we've seen in the past, that when they wish to hold on to someone, they make dramatic stuff happen. Witness Olivier Panis becoming the first ever multi-million-dollar test driver, and the talk of a TAG McLaren America's Cup team when Newey was thinking of going to Jaguar. But most remarkable was that when all the active electronics were banned, between them McLaren and TAG (owned by McLaren 40% shareholder Mansour Ojeh) bought the highly-respected British hi-fi company Audiolab, and turned them into TAG McLaren audio, just so that they could hold on to all of their electronics engineers.

Now this would be intresting,

Taken from ITV.com/F1:

Six-time world motorcycle champion Valentino Rossi believes he has what it takes to be competitive in Formula 1 after his test for Ferrari last month.

The two-wheeled Italian megastar has been linked to race seat with the team in 2007 as part of a dream line-up with Kimi Raikkonen, should Michael Schumacher retire after next season.

Back