September 11th 2006

• Thread starter TopHat
  • 52 comments
killermrk
KillerMRK2
Well, today is the grave day for NYC, and affected many lives,

Please share the way It affected you, and if you wish change your avatar just for tomorrow.

It affected me in the way, now the high school field trips no longer go to DC, which would be cool.
Some teachers lost relatives, one went to Iraq.

*edit* and if you will, share your stories, or when you first heard of the towers collapsing. *edit*

I first heard about it at my friends house when the buses were down, I went upstairs to watch tv with him and he was flipping the channels, and I saw the news and said "wait go back they gots the big towers on! ( I was 7 ) " We both saw the live coverage just in time to see the second tower go down, and I was scared, my mother worked 15 minutes from the soon to be ground zero...

Never forget...

Other than making me reflect on it, and ask why, what's next, what do we do, it hasn't, fortunately, affected me much. I know of no personal losses. Nor can I think of any close friends who've lost people.

Anyone know where some 9/11 memorial avatars are, or can anyone make some?

I was going to create this thread but MT beat me to it :P

I have to say a couple of things. I live in NYC, I came from Italy like 6 + years ago so I had been living here for a year when the attacks happened.
I met a lot of special people, specially around the downtown area. I remember knowing a hot-dog guy who used to sell them just outside of tower 1, he sold the best ones in NYC, and almost everytime I came back from school, I'd visit him and chat with him for a little while.

On September 11, I was in school going to my second period class, when suddenly a girl ran across the hallway crying helplessly. A teacher stopped her and asked her what happened, and that's when I heard the most horrible words I had ever heard..."they've hit the twin towers! my parents are working there!!!!"...those words were so powerful, but so powerful, that made me think a thousand things at once. After 1 minute or so, I heard a fire alarm in the school, we all started evacuating the building, but I was still lost...I couldn't talk to anybody and I wanted to, eventhough I knew that nobody would give me a right answer. Every body was desperate....crying, some girls were sitting down on the floor crouched up so nobody could see them cry, some were praying.

By the time I got to the main exit, I heard a teacher who cried "Oohh my GoooD! this can't happen!!! I got off the line and went to the side hallway, in there was the security room with a small TV...I wish I had never been so curious, I witnessed live horror, the second tower had been struck by another airplane. I've always been a man of strenght; my father raised me with this "macho" carisma and always thought that men were not allowed to cry; but when I saw this:

xbush911.jpg

Tears ran down my face....a security guard then pulled me out the room.
At that moment I thought of my uncle, who worked nearby the towers.

Teachers and security was gathering all the students, me and a couple of buddies decide to climb the fence and run home. We did.
As I was on my way home, which is pretty far from school (I always took the school bus) I saw people running to all directions, I saw firetrucks, police cars, SUVs, storming towards downtonw Manhattan.
Then, all of a sudden I heard an old lady saying "they've hit the pentagon".
I gotta tell ya, it's a feeling that you get in your heart when you know that something really bad to your family has happened...or when you've done something wrong and you're about to get caught...it went to the point that It hurt a little bit, but physically I mean.

I couldn't stop to see what the lady was about, all I wanted to see was If my uncle was ok. He had been like a second father to me. I kept running and I crashed with a guy who looked homeless, he had terror on his face...and It was contagious. I ran in between some buildings canal street and 2nd Ave when I could see the towers burning like hell.

I stopped and stared at them with disbelief, confussion, desperation, anger, fear and any bad feeling you can imagine. I kept walking until I remembered my uncle again and I started running. I had ran a block and a half when a cop stopped me and told me to go the other way; I refused and told him that my uncle worked near WTC, he didn't listen to me and started walking towards me...call me stupid but I ran back the way I came just go aroud the block and keep running on a diferent street. It took me 2 minutes to do so, once I was on third Ave. It was closed. Full of police cars and wooden barriers. I didn't know what to do, all I did was to stare at the towers...burning and people crying. It was like a very bad nightmare.

I went into a Delicatessen near where I was, they had a tv there. You could easily take anything you want since the owners were busy with their eyes stuck on the TV...I asked them why don;t you go outside? they didn't respond. Maybe they were too afraid, or maybe they didn't want to believe it, just like me.

I didn't have a cell phone because my mom wouldn't allow me to. So I just asked for theirs...one looked at me and pointed at the counter where he had it. I grabbed it and call my mom, but it was worthless, the signal was down, I tried 9/11, nothing.

I looked at my watch, it was around 9:45 AM, I walked out of the deli, hoping for the fire to be gone somehow. 5 of the 8 cops were gone, but they were still on guard. Right then I had this crazy idea, I said, what if I go into the subway and I just go through the other exit of the station. I ran back and I found the number 5, I went down and came out right at across the block that the cops were guarding.

I came out..........just to see how the first tower collapsed.

I started crying guys, I was thinking of all the people who were trapped inside....all the innocent brave firemen, policemen, and other people who went inside to help others ecape.

I started running as hard as I could, but with fear at the same time.
I was getting closer to Ground Zero, people were running on the opposite direction as I was...I guess they were being smart, but me, all I thought was of my uncle.

I got closer and closer and noticed a huge cloud of dust and smoke, I started coughing but I didn't care. I encountered another officer, though this time it was a woman...she grabbed me by my wrist and the pulled me into an alley...she yelled at me : WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!!!????. I was crying for my uncle and she said, you're gonna get killed!! she took me into her car but she stayed outside. I sat and looked down to my legs and asked God to keep my uncle alive...just then, I felt the car shaking, It was the second tower collapsing.

I got out and cried more...damned, I've never cried like I did that day.
The woman told me to get back in the car, but I started running not towards the towers..but back home.

I had learned that whatever happend to my uncle, it was on God hands now and that I had nothing else to do but to run and seek for my mom. Whom I knew she was safe.
I looked back and saw a horrible grey, beige cloud of dust. It must have been half a mile away. I just kept running but at one point I judt decided to get into the subway station once again.
To my surprise, I found dozens of people hidding there too...I could contemplate the horror on the people's faces. Some looked at me like If I had an answer for them, I just looked up and asked..why?

Later on I got home and my mother wasn't there...I could call her becasue the lines were down, but I just turned on the TV and watched news...eventhogh I had experienced it, I wanted to see more. And that's when I realized what had happened at the Pentagon and at Pennsylvania.

I asked to myself, is there another target? and where? I turned off the TV and layed down on my bed and I heard my mother coming in, I went to hug her and I wet her shoulder with my tears. We asked eachother where we had been at the same time. I asked her for my uncle and she was clueless about him.

I looked down again. After hours of hearing sirens and alarms, someone knocked the door, I thought it was out next door neighbor who came every second just to see if uncle was here, but it was my uncle who was standing right in front of me. He looked shaken and sweaty, I hugged him and told him that I was looking for him. He told me that he hid on another building nearby the place but that he was safer there.

I went out to look for my school friends and I found many of them outside their homes. But some were missing...maybe looking for their parents just like I did.

It has been 5 years since terrorism struck the heart of America. But I'll remember like if it was yesterday when I had my very worst live nightmare....

Let's dedicate this thread to all of those who Died for others...the heart of so many heroes who fought for freedom and for those who are still in the war against terrorism. Even if you're in Europe, Australia, Asia or any place...leave your thoughts of 9/11 and to all the american people in this forum...we know that these colors don't run and that freedom is much bigger than the WTC.

We will never forget.....
We_Will_Never.jpg

PS: ohh and about the hot dog guy....I never saw him again......

Ciao!

Well, not living in NYC, I lived through the events much as many other Americans did, over the airwaves and on the internet.

---

It was a clear, unusually warm Tuesday morning, quite nice as a matter of fact. Only a few weeks into my Freshman year, I was working hard on a project for my Computer Sciene class. I still remember exactly where I was sitting in room 225, third row, second seat in.

The teacher from the room next-door came in and told us to turn on the TV, not really explaining what was going on. Not 20 seconds after turning it on NBC, the second plane it, and a gasp went through the room, and then it was silent.

We spent the rest of class watching the news, calling home, calling parents at work, etc. After class it was a madhouse at school. Several kids were picked up immediately, having family that lived in NYC, some that were on trips, etc. I walked around in a cloud of disbelief, techers letting us watch the events unfold in class. Although my Japanese teacher was more concerned about the lesson at hand, we would often hear from other students what was going on.

I clearly remember going into my English class and asking what happened to the first tower... When I was told it fell, I couldn't belive it. Mrs. Demester was sobbing in class as the events unfolded, and although she would occasionally get it all together, once the second tower fell she was done. Sitting there in class, not knowing what was going to happen, techers and other staff memeber crying... It was scary.

I can pretty clearly remember that I didn't cry that day. I couldn't. Although I think that by the end of the night a tear certainly had fallen, I think the combination of disbelief, horror, sadness, etc just couldn't all come out at once. I became very depressed, and for the next week or so after that, I was only at school about half-time, as I just couldn't bare to do anything but pray and watch for things to happen.

Overall, the memory that sticks out in my head is the look of fear on people's faces. Not knowing what to do, where to go, or what would happen next had anyone afraid. I often think back to the people running from Ground Zero in a panic, US Guardsman, Police Officers, Firemen, regular citizens... It was a horrible sight to be seen, and it is something that I will never forget.

To this day, I'm still fairly emotional about the event. Five years later, I still don't know if I will be able to cry. Come the times later today, I might, we will see what happens.

---

If we have learned anything it is that events such as these bring people together, not drive them apart. America became a stronger country after 9/11, people of all races, religions, etc effected by what happened on that day. It didn't matter if you were white, black, hispanic, asian, or purple. You were an American...

Five years later, we are no longer the only free people to have been attacked, nor plotted against. Every major western power in this world has been threatened by these evil forces, and if anything, 9/11 should be a day in which we all remember our gifts of freedom and deomocracy that make our countries great, and unite under the banner of freedom. It doesn't matter if you are Canadian, British, Spanish, Australian, etc we are all at risk, and God forbid, prone to attack.

---

I'll be spending much of today remembering what happened, and I hope that you will as well...

God bless those that died in NYC, Washington, and in PA, and God bless America.

wow, i was in queens when it happend. i was scared to death cuz my mom works like 3 blocks away and after everything settled down they had to move locations beacause the building was screwed up. luckily she was late to work and didnt make it to her building. but i still feel for all those who lost loved ones. i didnt lose anybody but the fact that the attacks hit so close to home is some real deep sht

September 10th was much easier to handle; go to work, going to school, watching Monday Night Football, and buying some food for a great dinner the following night (it was my sweetie's 6 month anniversary since proposing, so I thought I'd celebrate with a surprise for the following evening...)

That all went wrong; work was normal, typing up reports and gearing up for inventory that will take up a good bit of the day. At about 9am, I got a call from Kathy at her work...she said, turn on the TV, apparently a plane has hit the WTC, but we don't know a thing over here...she had heard over the radio at her work. I imagined a wretched little Cessna had somehow hit the observation deck...but this was not the case, of course. I walked over to the TVs in the UF Food Court, and thought, what a terrible accident. I called her her back and said there's apparently been a bad aviation accident, it's quite bad since it hit one of the largest buildings in the world. I told her I hope my cousins are alright (they worked in mid-town Manhattan, it turned out).

I go to get coffee nearby, and about 10 of us are looking up at the TV screen, remarking about the "accident". Suddenly, as were watching live TV, the other tower is struck...I felt a horrible pain my stomach; I felt like I was going to vomit and I felt cold; never before had I ever felt like that. Nobody said a word for about a minute, it was an eternity. There were only a few people around, but as more people showed up, the channels replayed the same footage again and again, more people were just shocked.

I told the people at work what's going on, and they're all shocked. One of the chefs is from France, and he said something like, "things don't happen like this in America" which pretty much said it all. But have to get back to work since Tuesday is the busiest day of the week with so much to do, but my heart wasn't in it. The chefs, cooks, and other personnel kept asking me to see what's been going on every 10 minutes, anyhow. Were getting word that the Pentagon is on fire, planes are being forced to land, and of course, the media isn't sure what to take seriously, so there's more threats...the world seems upside down right now, that's all I know. There's now 300-400 people in the food court, and you could hear a pin drop except for the sounds of the TV.

I'm working on the reports, when my boss's boss comes in, his face white. He never talks to any of us about non-work-related things, all business; and when I mean talks, I mean shouting and arguing. He remarks that one of the towers has collapsed, and people were inside of it. In a little while, I go to a TV and see that the other tower has fallen. It just got worse, and worse, and worse...news crews are replaying of what has happened.

Normally all the students and faculty are eating and talking, drinking and kitchen equipment is making enough of a racket that it's hard to hear yourself think. But today, other than the TV...it is nearly silent; the odd whisper or sniffle is the only other thing you can hear. It is the worst kind of silence. By 12 noon, students are told to go home or back to their dormitories, to leave ASAP. Faculty leaves as well, and many people working around the campus have left as well. All the catering events have been canceled for the day, and everything was re-scheduled until further notice.

I could barely concentrate on my work, not helped by Tuesday being the busiest day of the week, with lots of deadlines. I had a 20-minute lunch in a lounge area with a TV set, and I'm the only person in the lounge during the entire time. I finished work up no feeling whatsoever; it was about 6:30pm, a lot later than normal, but the night manager was available. I had taken the bus to work (Tuesdays are also the toughest day to get a parking space, so I take the bus for free), and the ride back was silent as well, but instead of the usual packed container, it had about 6-7 people in it. Two people were whispering about World War III, others were just crying. I sat towards the front and just looked at my feet all the way to my stop.

I didn't go to class that night, neither Kathy nor I felt like celebrating anything. I called my family, my cousins, whom worked in Manhattan (they were okay), and everyone else I could get a hold of. The worst feeling of all was that I was totally powerless to help out the victims in this tragedy, and that's all I wanted to do.

I still can't believe it was five years ago this happened. I can remember it like it was yesterday. Still can't imagine what people went through who were in the building when the planes hit.

My thoughts are with those people who died including the brave fireman who tried to rescue those trapped. Lets hope nothing ever happens on this scale ever again.

It's so eerie watching the news and seeing how monstrously huge the areas of the buildings were, multiplied by hundreds of stories.

I really hope I don't see Ann Coulter on the news today.

I'm really happy to see so many that are respectful and caring. :cheers:

I was asleep and woke up right before the first plane hit... I walked across the street to talk to my mom and aunt (at my aunt's house). They were watching the news as the first plane hit right after I woke up.

We all sat around watching, the news was on still when the second plane hit. Likewise for the Pentagon (which my aunt worked in while the whole group of us lived in VA. and not LA.).

Aunt K broke down and I always felt like she was being something of a drama queen (the plane even hit where she worked specifically if I'm not mistaken). In any case, I didn't get too worked up. In fact, I barely re-acted; I was almost in total awe.

However, over the next 2 years I went through all of it (anger, saddness, etc.) but it was the saddness that shocked me. I found that the first time I cried about 9/11 was several months later when everything had finally sunk in on me.

Now at this point I live with it like many others, never forget... I know too many who just see that as a bumper sticker slogan... For me though, 9/11 is the day the world change.

9/11 was the day I grew-up and learned that the Islamic world hates Americans and all others who believe freedom and happiness are rights for all.

God bless us all and may we never forget.
This has caused a divide in the world but I'm happy with my side and I'm proud of all those standing over here with me.

(and in the spirit of islam)
Death to Usama! Praise God! :sly:

:cheers:

I know exactly where I was. I was sleeping.

It's kind of sad, I know, but I was living in an apartmnt at college and had been up all night playing Gran Turismo or something like that. It might have been Madden, I don't know.

Anyway, I had left my radio on the night before when I went to bed and it was on some rock station so I have a vague memory of hearing someone yelling that the Twin Towers had collapsed and I remember thinking, "That's a bad joke," just before I rolled back over.

I actually woke up at around 11:00 and wandered into the living room where my cell phone was and I picked it up and saw that I had a voicemail. I listened and it was my dad calling earlier in the morning telling me to turn the TV on. So, I flipped on the TV and found myself dumbstruck. There was a shot of a smoke billowing out of New York City. I was looking at it and couldn't quite figure out what was wrong with the skyline. It just looked like there was a fire or something. I was thinking that maybe there was something crazy like a meteor strike or something outlandishly Hollywood like that.

I called my dad to ask him what was going on and he told me that two planes had flown into the Twin Towers and they had fallen. At that point I looked back to the TV and for the first time took the time to read the heading at the bottom that said the Twin Towers had collapsed. My dad told me to flip to MSNBC because they were getting ready to reshow it. I flipped over and for the first time I saw footage of the second plane hit and then footage of each tower collapsing. I sat down. I remembered I was on the phone and I told my dad I had to get ready for school and would talk to him later.

By the time I actually pulled myself away from the TV I barely had time to get ready. I had forego a shower and threw on a hat and some deodorant. When I got to my first class at 1:00 my professor was pretty depressed looking. He said that he had a friend that worked in the towers and wasn't in the mood for class today, but before we went he wanted to say something. He felt that without a doubt this will turn out to be Osama bin Laden. He said that when Russia was in Afghanistan we helped, supplied, and trained them to push Russia out and this was how they repaid us. After that he let us go.

I decided to go upstairs to teh office of my professor for my 2:00 class and ask him if we were going to have class, because if so it wouldn't be worth going home as I would have to turn around and come right back. When I asked him he said that he felt it would be appropriate if we cancelled class just for today. He told me he would see me the next day and asked if I could leave a note on the board in the classroom on my way out.

I hada third class that day but decided that if two classes were cancelled I wasn't hanging around for my least favorite class. It figures that the crazy Bulgarian professor, whom I hated to start with, decided to hold class and told the few that did go that this was nothing to him and there was no reason to cancel class. He was on the second year of his two-year trial period and I am sure this statement played a role in his not being asked back permanently the next year.

So I went back home and stayed up until 3:00 AM watching TV, ordering pizza for food.

Before that day I did not watch news. I only paid attention to politics at election time. Now, as most of you who frequent the opinion boards probably are aware, I am very politically opinionated and pay attention to the news all the time. My entire outlook on life changed. I believed that I was on this side of the ocean and that the Societ superpower was no more. We were well protected and the two bordering countries had no need or want to attack us. We were more beneficial to them as a friend. I even thought the same thing about China. I knew they would one day become a major superpower, but in a global economy they needed us on friendly terms as much as we needed them.

9/11 woke me up and made me look around. People hate us for being Americans and to this day I still do not know why. All I know is that they want to kill us and years of appeasement only led to more attacks.

So for those of you who find yourself debating with me or think my ideas are crazy, blame the terrorists. They woke me up and made me realize that I can't just pass through. Now I am opinionated and my wife claims that I will argue with a wall.

So, that day changed me. Whether it was for the better or the worse is purely subjective, but I think it was for the better because I will do what I can to make sure that it never happens again. I keep a picture of the Towers on my cubicle wall with a quote from Ayn Rand under it and it will remain there as long as I sit at this desk.

I was in Art class in 6th grade drawing a picture of a yellow lab for the humane society poster contest. The home economics teacher came bursting through the door to say a plane hit the first tower, and then we turned the TV on and saw the next plane hit on live TV. :( I remember it well.

I was on vacation, woke up late in the morning, turned on the TV and thought it was a movie of some type. It took about 5 minutes for me to realize that it as actually happening.

I was in NYC at the WTC in July of that year.

It didn't directly effect me or my family in the way of personal, financial or life losses. But it has changed my entire viewpoint on the need for our country to be united against our enemies no matter what race, color, creed, religion or political affiliation. We're all Americans and the terrorists don't car where you came from. IF you live in America, you're guilty, end of discussion.

I trully hope that people can wake up and remember that when the world looks at us, we are all Amercians. Not just one particular part. We will stand up together, or go down seperated.

I don't know if it's been showing in America but here in the UK we've had a fantastic TV series regarding September the 11th.

When it actually happened I was at work, we had the radio on then the song just cut off for the news bulleting. We tried to look it up online but couldn't get onto any of the news websites. then we heared that the second plane had hit the other tower, then there was news about the plane heading towards the pentagon, there was unconfirmed reports all day about another plane possible having been hijacked which turned ou not to be true. It was certianly an event the highlighted the seriousness of terrorism, though we'd had the Manchester bombing and other IRA atatcks before that which being so close to home had a bigger impact on me personally.

I cant really see the point in this, but they are making a movie about 9/11/2001! To most people, it may be just a bit too soon, and great to see the avvies!

also, I edited the first post to include my story.

I cant really see the point in this, but they are making a movie about 9/11/2001! To most people, it may be just a bit too soon, and great to see the avvies!

Um, are we talking United 93? That came out in teh spring.
World Trade Center? That came out about a month ago.
Perhaps the ABC special that started airing last night? That finishes tonight.

Or is there a new one being made? I'm not quite sure whether you are confused and behind or whether you are talking about a new movie.

To the people that lost loved ones it may very well be too soon. To everyone else, it CANNOT be soon enough. We need to keep it at the front of our minds when combating the enemy. Movies about 9/11 while hard to watch, need to be watched and the day needs to be remembered.

It's like the Passion of the Christ for me. I bought the DVD but only watch it 4 or so times a year. But that's just enough to remind me why I believe what I believe.

The American public needs to be reminded about what makes America great and renew their resolve to defend and protect it.

So, no, I don't think it's too early for any 9/11 style media presentation. I even did my own! :) Let me me know if you want to see it and I'll send you a link.

I had just come in from school, a couple of minutes before the first tower went down, i was quite suprised and shocked to see that happen so i was absolutely gobsmacked when the 2nd went down..

This all happened at 5-6 AM on the west coast, so I was getting ready for school (I had zero period, which started at 6:20 AM). I heard on the radio that a plane had hit one of the towers, but with no other information, I just assumed it was some wayward Cessna with an amateur pilot. When I got to school, TVs were on, and it became quite clear that this was big. Shortly after I got there, the second plane hit, and that is when it became downright scary, knowing that this wasn't an accident. As the rest of the events unfolded, it was just downright surreal. It was happening, but nobody really knew how to comprehend it.

Five years went by before I truly saw the effects with my own eyes. As I was flying into JFK last month, I was excited to see all of the NYC landmarks for the first time as we were landing. Yankee Stadium, Central Park, the Empire State Building, etc...Then I looked down where the WTC used to be, and that gave me a very weird feeling. Again, it felt very surreal, seeing as how we were still 5,000 feet in the air, but at the same time, it finally felt "real" to me--there was finally something tangible for me to see. On top of that, this was the same day that those terror plots were foiled in London. As I sat in the terminal, eating a light dinner, I watched the TV coverage, and saw that one of the planes targeted was bound for JFK. That cemented it--I was in the city that terrorists destroyed. I thought about that for a minute, but then I looked around at the people nearby. They carried on, just like normal, and I felt strangely protected. Screw the terrorists; I had a scheduled 3-hour layover, and a Car and Driver that needed to be read :).

I remember it like it was yesterday.

I woke up the morning of September 11, 2001 and went to school as I did everyday. I was a freshman in high school at the time. While I'm sitting in my Geometry class our principal came over the intercom and told all classrooms to stop and listen to him. He told us that one of the World Trade Centers had been hit and was on fire. My teacher turned on the TV in the classroom and we tuned into CNN. 10 seconds or so after turning on the television, my whole class watched as the second plane flew into the other World Trade Center. I couldn't believe my eyes.

My teacher turned off the TV after the second plane had flown into the building. Being an older women and having more sense than all of us freshmen, she knew that America was under attack. As we all shouted for the TV to get turned back on tears started rolling down her now pink cheeks. I myself started getting a little choked up at the sight of my teachers sadness, I knew something big was happening. The class soon realized that all the shouting wasn't helping my teachers pain.

She quietly told all of us something I'll always remember. She told us, "Class, you will always remember this moment for as long as you live. We are under attack and you are now all old enough to understand the levity of what is happening at this very moment."

She was right, I remembered exactly where I was and all of the faces of the students in my classroom. I can even tell you with vivid detail my events throughout that painful day.

I later found out that my teacher had an identical twin sister who worked in World Trade Center 2. I found it amazing that she held her composure in front of all of us and making us all feel a little better when she had her own life ripped apart on that fateful day.

I was about to go to bed, the phone rang (about 1am) which I thought was odd. A friend told me to turn the TV on some news channel because a plane hit the world trade centres. I found that hard to believe so I turned the TV on and there it was. :(

Soon after a second plane hit the other building and also the Pentagon, I watched (live) well into the night then early morning.

i was only in grade 3 when this happened, and i was just confused about this, but when i look back now, i could see everything. i remember that night i was really scared.........

just for this planet, and for others to come, let us all make sure this will never happen again and let us all strive for peace, but never forget 9/11, for that will always remain a constant reminder of what horrible things man is capable of.

I was in gr 7 in my math class when my teacher told us that there had been an accident at the trade centers. Every class in the room was advised to turn on the tv and the whole day in each class we saw eevrything after the 1st plane had hit.

I can remember the events of the Eleventh with some clarity.
I live on the west coast of Canada, and I was roused by my alarm in the typical schoolday fashion. I ate breakfast, as my mom turned on the TV. I watched the news clips with a mix of fascination and horror, as it was obvious that terrible things had happened, but I didn't know what the World Trade Center was yet.
I shuffled down the street towards school, unsure of exactly what to think. Though few of my peers were clued in as to what had happened, my [grade 8] teacher's husband was a pilot for Air Canada, and was at an airport close to NYC. Predictably, she was quite concerned for his safety, and wasn't able to contact him until mid morning. She did a remarkably good job of keeping herself together, and didn't actually reveal that her husband was a pilot until shortly before she got ahold of him.
I didn't get access to a TV for most of the day, and didn't get a full grasp of the events transpiring until dinnerhour.

Im sorry for bumping this thread up after so long but I need to tell me story and my view on the events.

That sunny Tuesday morning was especially nice and I was in my first week of 5th grade. My first hint that something was going on was during recess all the sudden a strong stench following a dark patch of smoke that I will never forget floated slowly over the playground (I live in New Jersey with in 8 miles of NYC) and everyone stopped and looked. After a minute of "what the hell was that" we continued frolicing oblivious to the attacks. After lunch My 5th grade teacher got our attention and basically told us striaght up what happened. Being 10 I didnt take it to seriously and me and my class mates shocked basically joked about it. Then a kid or two here and there were getting picked up by crying parents and then chills went up and down my spine. When I got picked up from school my mom told me it was true and I went home and watched CNN all day stunned holding back my tears as I saw over and over the planes hitting and the towers i grew so famililar with falling. Little did i know my aunt and uncle were flying that morining and flew out of newark approx. the same time as the teerorists that hijacked flight 93 (i think thats it). I talked to them later and they said they flew over the wtc just 2 hours before the were hit. I know a handfull of people who were in there at the time and a family friend was on the cover of us news & wolrd report magazine covered in dust.

My personal political opinion is we should say **** the geneva convention and flatten the middle east, doesnt matter what country, they all us. I am actually disapointed in what we are doing now, we sould be kicking ass and taking no prisinoners. I know after rotc in college in joining the army and bring those responcible to justice and then some.

Im sorry for bumping this thread up after so long but I need to tell me story and my view on the events.

That sunny Tuesday morning was especially nice and I was in my first week of 5th grade. My first hint that something was going on was during recess all the sudden a strong stench following a dark patch of smoke that I will never forget floated slowly over the playground (I live in New Jersey with in 8 miles of NYC) and everyone stopped and looked. After a minute of "what the hell was that" we continued frolicing oblivious to the attacks. After lunch My 5th grade teacher got our attention and basically told us striaght up what happened. Being 10 I didnt take it to seriously and me and my class mates shocked basically joked about it. Then a kid or two here and there were getting picked up by crying parents and then chills went up and down my spine. When I got picked up from school my mom told me it was true and I went home and watched CNN all day stunned holding back my tears as I saw over and over the planes hitting and the towers i grew so famililar with falling. Little did i know my aunt and uncle were flying that morining and flew out of newark approx. the same time as the teerorists that hijacked flight 93 (i think thats it). I talked to them later and they said they flew over the wtc just 2 hours before the were hit. I know a handfull of people who were in there at the time and a family friend was on the cover of us news & wolrd report magazine covered in dust.

My personal political opinion is we should say **** the geneva convention and flatten the middle east, doesnt matter what country, they all us. I am actually disapointed in what we are doing now, we sould be kicking ass and taking no prisinoners. I know after rotc in college in joining the army and bring those responcible to justice and then some.

While I feel sorrow for your fallen friends and your passion to bring folks to justice, flattening the Middle East doesn't make us any better. You had a great post until you showed your real age of maturity when you said, "Doesn't matter what country." It does, indeed, matter. Not everyone in the Middle East is a terrorist. Not everyone in the Middle East should be accountable for others' actions.

You see, the citizens there in the Middle Eastern countries have enough on their plate dealing with fellow citizens who have decided to follow the word of Osama. Us attacking them as a whole, would make matters far, far worse.
We should not attack any country of the Middle East as a whole, not even if the main terrorists lay in 1 country alone.

You can not justify the actions of a group killing 3,000 fellow citizens by killing 10,000 of their own people, people who they do not care about in the first place.

You can not justify the actions of a group 3,000 fellow citizens by 10,000 of their own people, people who they do not care about in the first place.

Go to most any country in the middle east and ask them about america they will say we are pigs and we are infadels and they want a jihad on us and what not. While we are the ones that always go to other counrtys offer aid and food to all the poor and sick, Even if we are at war with them. These are the kind of people that will smile and wave at you one day and plant an I.E.D. and take pot shots at you with there ak 47 the next. The rest of the world doesnt see this and feel bad for them (islamic extremeists) and critisize us for occuping these forign countrys. For example France and England are now oblivious to the fact they are up to there God D*** eyballs with muslims extremeists that have connections to Al quida and are trained in Afganastan and pakastan and saoudi arabia and all those countrys. And they have even been atacked by there own citezens, but they still show no support for the war on .

We are basically one country fighting the world and we cant win no matter what we do. The reson I said we should flatten them is because as long is there any muslims there will be attacks like 9/11 and in spain and london and all the other ones before 9/11. If that Iranian nutter ever gets his hands on nukes hes going to be the demise of the western civilizeation as we know it becuase he is the biggest anti american guy the is.

Even though we are only in iraq and afganastan we are at war with all of the middle east. Where do you think all these insurgents come from, thin air? No, the come form Iran, pakastan, and soudi arabia. 90% of the 9/11 hijackers were soudi. Of couse or goverment and theres our allies for some stupid reason.

That is why I want to fry the middle east, because I am so fed up with there ungrateful piece of S*** A**es.

Go to most any country in the middle east and ask them about america they will say we are pigs and we are infadels and they want a jihad on us and what not.
You have been wrapped into the media. I think it's best you actually hear and read about the stories US soldiers have told after coming home.
The most famous remains the little boy who warned the American troops of a land mine.

Yes, many don't like us, but many do.
While we are the ones that always go to other counrtys offer aid and food to all the poor and sick, Even if we are at war with them. These are the kind of people that will smile and wave at you one day and plant an I.E.D. and take pot shots at you with there ak 47 the next.
Do you have any proof of this? Or are you just going to think all Middle Easterns are ungrateful, double-faced terrorists.

I think you've also offended many Middle Easterns who may read your statement declaring they are friendly one day, enemies the next.

The rest of the world doesnt see this and feel bad for them (islamic extremeists) and critisize us for occuping these forign countrys.
You do realize the US is not the only one who has given aid to the civilians.
For example France and England are now oblivious to the fact they are up to there God D*** eyballs with muslims extremeists that have connections to Al quida and are trained in Afganastan and pakastan and saoudi arabia and all those countrys.
So, this makes it right for us to blow up all of the Middle Eastern countries because a group of folks have been attacking the world.
And they have even been atacked by there own citezens, but they still show no support for the war on
Oh really? Is this why Iranians have agreed to let us train them in police work to help their citizens?
We are basically one country fighting the world and we cant win no matter what we do.
"Damned if we do, damned if we don't." Yes, we are loved for somethings, and hated for the next. America knows this, but many of us continue to go on.
The reson I said we should flatten them is because as long is there any muslims there will be attacks like 9/11 and in spain and london and all the other ones before 9/11.
You are such a sterotypical asshole, you know that? Assuming all Muslims are terrorists, and are the reason these attacks happen. I hope you are taught a lesson for thinking such an idea.

Grow...up.
If that Iranian nutter ever gets his hands on nukes hes going to be the demise of the western civilizeation as we know it becuase he is the biggest anti american guy the is.
And you think he ever will? He's just now trying to get on good terms with Russia yet as I understand it, don't want anything to do with him.
Even though we are only in iraq and afganastan we are at war with all of the middle east.
I didn't know we were at war with Egypt, Kuwait, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates (who are known for an incredibly strong security system when allowing other Middle Easterners in), Jordan, or Lebanon. :rolleyes:

Where do you think all these insurgents come from, thin air? No, the come form Iran, pakastan, and soudi arabia. 90% of the 9/11 hijackers were soudi. Of couse or goverment and theres our allies for some stupid reason.
Because their govt. aren't the ones responsible for the decisions of the terrorists. A terrorist does not belong to a country. A terrorist can come from any country in the world, including the US. The Saudi govt. does not want terrorists in their country, so maybe that might be the reason they have allied with us?
That is why I want to fry the middle east, because I am so fed up with there ungrateful piece of S*** A**es.
95% of the Middle East is on strong terms with us. Why on earth would we suddenly destory them?

Not only do you need to
A) Learn the geography of the Middle East and who's in it.
B) Learn what a terrorist is, and why their actions are not the actions of their country,
but C) Stop being such a sterotypical ass.

Declaring that "as long is there any muslims there will be attacks like 9/11" is such an absurd idea, that I believe, the longer you continue to say that here, the shorter your time on GTP will be.

Muslim
Muslims believe that there is only one God, translated in Arabic as Allah. Muslims believe that Islam existed long before Muhammad and that the religion has evolved with time. The Qur'an describes as Muslims many Biblical prophets and messengers: Adam, Noah (Arabic: Nuh), Moses (Arabic: Musa) and Jesus (Arabic: Isa) and his apostles. The Qur'an states that these men were Muslims because they submitted to God, preached his message and upheld his values.
Terrorist
The term Terrorism in modern sense[1] is used to describe violence or other harmful acts committed (or threatened) against civilians for political or other ideological goals.[2] Most definitions of terrorism include only those acts which are intended to create fear or "terror", are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or utterly disregard the safety of non-combatants. Many definitions also include only acts of unlawful violence.

Please point out in the Terrorist definition where only Muslims are terrorists.

You know...you say America is treated like **** one day, praised the next. Did you ever stop to think that your thinking of that Muslims are the reason for these attacks, is the reason people treat Americans like ****?
Folks like you are the reason Americans are heavily disrespected around the world. Just like how terrorists in the Middle East give Middle Easterners a bad name, you have just sat here, and given Americans a bad name.

Folks like you are the reason Americans are heavily disrespected around the world. Just like how terrorists in the Middle East give Middle Easterners a bad name, you have just sat here, and given Americans a bad name.
In-****ing-deed. 👍 But let's remember...he's only 13..isn't he?

Back