Server maintenance tonight (2 am-4 am EDT 8/7/2024)

• Thread starter Eggstor
  • 23 comments

Eggstor

Boring as B-Spec Bob
Premium
United States
Wisconsin
GTP_Eggstor
This was just posted to the Gran Turismo website (US version) and appears on the GT7 game intro page):

Gran Turismo 7's servers will undergo maintenance during the following period:

[Day & Time]
Start: 08/07/2024 02:00 EDT
End: 08/07/2024 04:00 EDT

(Please note the above times are subject to change.)

During this period only "Arcade Race" within "World Circuits" will be available to play, but various online features including "Sport" mode will not be accessible.

Also, game progress cannot be saved while the servers are offline. To save the current status of the game, the console must be reconnected online after the end of the server maintenance.

Thank you for your patience.
The question is whether this will be a true fix for the physics or a return to the 1.48 package. In either case, if you're doing a championship or trying to get the VW Sambabus flying, get it done before the servers go down.

Highly doubt it would be a reversion.

A) They've never done that before
B) It would cause more confusion than the learning curve for the new current physics.

It's not a given that there will be an update at all. There can be maintenance without an update. I hope fixes are coming already, but I'm not too sure about it.

This was just posted to the Gran Turismo website (US version) and appears on the GT7 game intro page):

The question is whether this will be a true fix for the physics or a return to the 1.48 package. In either case, if you're doing a championship or trying to get the VW Sambabus flying, get it done before the servers go down.
Not sure what all the fuss about the physics is. I think the cars drive just fine

Highly doubt it would be a reversion.

A) They've never done that before
B) It would cause more confusion than the learning curve for the new current physics.
They have done that before, at least with respect to tires and damage. The 1.25 update reverted tire and damage modeling to the pre-1.20 version.
Not sure what all the fuss about the physics is. I think the cars drive just fine
You might want to take a look at this thread as well as the acknowledgment of the issue by PD on X.

Last edited:
A revision to 1.48 would suck. Also, very unnecessary.

Hoping whatever is causing the wicked oscillation at speed and in corners(ddX) gets addressed and not just rocket cars. I kinda think they’re related, so fingers crossed and all that 💩

V1.50 on PS4 is 250 MBs. It took 20 minutes after the server went down for the update to pop this time.

I don't think they'd revert it...I mean the physics work correctly on most cars, and on the race cars that matter most, so I wouldn't expect them to simply revert it. It took them a bit to roll this patch out so maybe they found the cause of the issue? Guess we'll see.

...as I write this, there you go, seems they fixed it. :lol:

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Only minor PP changes up to now. Less than 1 PP. One exception until now: Evo VI jumped from 519 to 524 PP.

Edit: Did they change standard damper settings for roadcars from 25/45 to 20/40?

Last edited:
Only minor PP changes up to now. Less than 1 PP. One exception until now: Evo VI jumped from 519 to 524 PP.

Edit: Did they change standard damper settings for roadcars from 25/45 to 20/40?
Yep.

Have you increased the FFB strength?
No, I keep everything at zero.

Joking aside, I get more FFB out of a stock Renault Clio than out of a Formula 1 car at the same wheel/game settings... Nice!

I don't see why there should be some change there.
Because it's totally broken? Yes yes, I know, no patch note changes, but what have they been doing for the past 10 days? Fixing Sambabus bugs?

Last edited:
Back