Should I buy a Redbull X2011 Prototype?

United Kingdom
Plymouth
owen_legend
Basically, I've got the funds to buy it (that i've earned) and I do want it as I never drove it in GT5 - but I don't want to waste my money if say we're getting one free in the next Redbull X events update.

What do you think? Should I buy something else? Or save my money altogether

Don't buy it waste of money just do the Redbull X events and you get a car every championship you complete and some good money! :sly:

Useless car. Can't take part to any events with it. Too high PP even with reducing power and adding full amount of extra weights.

And you will most likely get 2014 version for free after winning X2014 Standard Championship.

Basically, I've got the funds to buy it (that i've earned) and I do want it as I never drove it in GT5 - but I don't want to waste my money if say we're getting one free in the next Redbull X events update.

What do you think? Should I buy something else? Or save my money altogether
If you' really want to buy a X car, just buy the 200.000 Junior one.
The others are too ridiculous in my opinion and as others have said you'll probably just win them if you complete the events

Don't buy it unless you're in for collecting all of the cars in the game or yet, you haven't driven it yet in a full race.

This is the 1st thread I have ever agreed with every single reply! I will add to it that they are frowned upon in online rooms unless it's strictly X2010/11's only.

If you' really want to buy a X car, just buy the 200.000 Junior one.
The others are too ridiculous in my opinion and as others have said you'll probably just win them if you complete the events

The X2014 Junior is a prize car too. Fun car though, I agree it's a good choice of something to drive.

With the X2010/X2011 my opinion is that they're fun, challenging and very helpful for improving reflexes. I like time trialling in them. Since GT5, though, they've become less responsive and we have no option to ghost, so there's no point in getting one to race it online. I wouldn't recommend getting one unless you want to time trial them now, especially with the X2014 a couple of weeks away.

Good replies guys thanks, I've been turned off it temporarily as we probably will win one in Jan When the last redbull events unlock. :D

I've won the X junior but it's nothing on the big cars haha I want to run the full car on time trials haha but I'll wait and buy something else

The X2014 Junior is a prize car too.

Didn't know that, thought that the full blown X2014 was the only one you could win

Good replies guys thanks, I've been turned off it temporarily as we probably will win one in Jan When the last redbull events unlock. :D

I've won the X junior but it's nothing on the big cars haha I want to run the full car on time trials haha but I'll wait and buy something else

In my experience the big X cars are exhausting ( concentration wise ) to drive properly for a couple of laps. But as others have said : they do train your reflexes ( and make every other car seem very slow when you've been driving a X2011 for a while :D )

Back