Show off your sim racing rig here!

New setup is now.... Set up.

IMG_20241017_123819.jpg

G923 wheel, GT Omega Apex stand, and my standard office chair. Upgraded from the T150 and a wheelstand pro. And a desk fan for that "wind in your hair" sensation 😂😂

What I will say, is that the "wheel rail" on the apex stand is absolutely genius and the main reason I haven't really used my old wheel in a heck of a long time, because my chair or wheelstand just kept moving under any sort of pressure.

And the brake pedal with the G923 is a HUGE upgrade on the old T150 one. Very very pleased.

Also being able to properly mount the pedals is wonderful as well. I've been living in the stone age!!!

Took a break for a while from gaming. Sold off all of my stuff at the time. Started to miss it, so had a plan to go all out and get a nice cockpit with direct drive wheel, etc. In the end I cheaped out (rather spend that money on other things) so grabbed a G923 on sale for $300, a random China cockpit from Amazon for $300, and the monitor stand to go with it. Found a LG C2 OLED 120Hz 42" TV local for $550 used.

The cockpit is pretty nice, I like the seating position and it's pretty sturdy. But the seat is rock hard and the shoulder bolsters are annoying. Digging the Logitech G923 though with the added vibration and improved brake pedal. Feedback is lackluster in GT7 though, but I blame PD for that.

20241019_172751.jpg

Took a break for a while from gaming. Sold off all of my stuff at the time. Started to miss it, so had a plan to go all out and get a nice cockpit with direct drive wheel, etc. In the end I cheaped out (rather spend that money on other things) so grabbed a G923 on sale for $300, a random China cockpit from Amazon for $300, and the monitor stand to go with it. Found a LG C2 OLED 120Hz 42" TV local for $550 used.

The cockpit is pretty nice, I like the seating position and it's pretty sturdy. But the seat is rock hard and the shoulder bolsters are annoying. Digging the Logitech G923 though with the added vibration and improved brake pedal. Feedback is lackluster in GT7 though, but I blame PD for that.

View attachment 1399156
Shoulder bolsters for sim racing seats needs to END. It's so nonsensical. Sim Racing ergonomics need proper good sim racing seats for sim usage, not pretend IRL seats that are not fit for the purpose. Plus more seats need mounts on the back for speakers, helmet holders, and subwoofers and/or butt kickers.

Back