Encore GT2 - Muscle Cars - Race ONE - Red Rock Valley

Welcome to the Muscle Car Extravaganza Super Series

Special Thanks to Fogelhund for letting take over his Muscle Car Online Racing Series.

This series will be for the GT2 platform.

Team Championship

There are teams from GTPlanet, and GranTurismo.com, so let the battle of the boards begin.

Team Points will be an amalgamation of the individual points.

Individual Racing

You don’t need to be on a team if you don’t want to, but it is a fun learning experience. It is what has allowed me to become a better racer.

IMHO there are about 7 or 8 guys here who should be pretty equal fighting it out..

How to Race

We expect everybody to race cleanly, and within regular OLR guidelines. The series, including any protests or time inquiries is being run under granturismo.com race guidelines. If you are not familiar with these, please read the OLR FAQ at granturismo.com http://forum.granturismo.com/showth...?threadid=46235

Lack of knowledge of rules is not an excuse to break them.

Proof of time

While this is not a dex certified series, you should be prepared to defend your times with a detailed RTI (I'll give you a format), and in extreme cases, we might require some type of save. While I would like to believe that everybody is honest, a select few have proved me wrong. I generally run most of the cars at each track that is run, and have a pretty good idea of what is possible. I would not recommend trying to pull a fast one here, you will be spotted.

There will be random requests for a detailed RTI, or dex saves. The placements of these random RTI will be determined before the start of each race.

Scoring

Our point system is based on the system that NASCAR uses

1. 175
2. 170
3. 165
4. 160
5. 155
6. 150
7. 146
8. 142
9. 138
10. 134
11. 130
12. 127
13. 124
14. 121
15. 118
16. 115
17. 112
18. 109
19. 106
20. 103
21. 100
22. 97
23. 94
24. 91
25. 88
26. 85
27. 82
28. 79
29. 76
30. 73 and so on...

The Schedule.

Race 1 Red Rock Valley Raceway, Fastest Lap, Time Trial Mode, Arcade disk, Times due Monday November 11th, 12 noon Eastern Standard Time

Race 2 Midfield Raceway, Arcade Disk, Road Race, 5 laps, Difficult mode, Times due Monday November 18th, 12 noon Eastern Standard Time

Race 3 Deep Forest, Arcade Disk, Road Race, 5 laps, Difficult Mode, Times due Monday November 25th, 12 noon Eastern Standard Time

Race 4 Seattle Full Track Reverse, Arcade Disk, Fastest Lap, Time Trial Mode Times due Monday December 2nd, 12 noon Eastern Standard Time

Race 5 Grand Valley Speedway, Arcade Disk, Time Trial Mode, 5 laps, Difficult Mode Times due Monday December 9th, 12 noon Eastern Standard Time
Race 6: Laguna Seca Raceway, Arcade Disk, Time Trial Mode, 5 laps, Difficult Mode Time due Monday December 16th, 12 noon Eastern Standard Time

All cars come with the following modifications

Full Racing Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Full Customized Suspension
Sport Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Super Soft Tires

The Cars and their further modifications

Chevrolet Corvette 67’
516hp, 3121lb.

Level 2 weight modification
NA Tune Stage 3

Dodge Charger
559 hp, 3368 lb.

Level 3 weight modification
NA Tune Stage 3
Performance Chip
Engine Balance
Port & Polish
Muffler Stage 3

Ford Shelby GT500
508hp, 3282lb

Level 2 weight modification
NA Tune Stage 3

Mercury Cougar XR-7
515hp, 3134lb.

NA Tune Stage 3
Performance Chip
Engine Balance
Port & Polish

Plymouth GTX
535hp, 3143lb

NA Tune Stage 3
Performance Chip
Engine Balance

Plymouth Muscle Car
528hp, 3238lb

NA Tune Stage 3
Port & Polish
Engine Balance

Plymouth Super bird
548hp, 3417lb

NA Tune Stage 3
Performance Chip
Engine Balance
Port & Polish

Time submissions will be to hedplanetearth1@yahoo.com

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here, PM me, or e-mail me at hedplanetearth1@yahoo.com

Happy Racing!!

Hi hirace, Nobody seems to eager about raceing these little races. Why I don't know. I've already bought 4 of the cars and ran them at red-rock.If your in I'll send my times to the hed.I'm not bragging or nuttin like that just giving you a heads up.Your total lap time will need to be in the 1:17???s. Good luck.

Hi hirace. Looks like hedplanet has lost interest in his challenge. I've sent several PMs but he has not responded. Seeme like it's just between you & me. My best time was in the Mercury Couger XR-7. //sect 1,, 17.623 //sect 2,, 19.244 //sect 3,,24.262 //sect 4,, 15.589 //total lap time,, 1:16.718// max mph 156.42 . Trying to figure which gear worked best for several of the banked curves ended up being a toss up. I did pick up a couple 10ths by up-shifting a little sooner. So how have you done?

Well... :embarrassed: I havn't even bought the Shelby yet but I think I'll run it today and see what kind of times I can get. I've been busy with another historic racing series.

Back