Silvia Sisters Menus Books?

• Thread starter srpst23
  • 50 comments
It’s a question, not a conclusion. Here is what you wrote:

“At this point yeah, not gonna waste time trying to make any challenge of this trying to figure out which car settings are best, that's PD's job.”

Which sounds like you think it’s PD’s job to figure out which car settings are best for the event.
Ok, that's a fair thing to ask. Well, you have it answered then.

I play on hard and you need a minimum of 600pp plus to win. Even then it wasn't winning by much.
I play on hard and for Willow you can use a 500-550pp car and win, Deep Forest you need 600pp plus, Tsukuba 500-550pp works as well

I cheesed it using swapped rx7 and stayed behind the first lead to observe its behavior lol and it was nasty. No way it is behind the recommendEd PP. I got tired for losing and the tuning is not worth the penny reward.

I cheesed it using swapped rx7 and stayed behind the first lead to observe its behavior lol and it was nasty. No way it is behind the recommendEd PP. I got tired for losing and the tuning is not worth the penny reward.
How’d you enter an RX-7 in a Silvia race?! 🤔

How’d you enter an RX-7 in a Silvia race?! 🤔
Check the stickied engine swap thread, I believe that there are a couple of Silvia's that can take larger engines. The catch is that unless you were in on the engine reward glitch you probably only have a few engines available, and probably not any that will work for the Silvia. If you did partake in the engine reward glitch you likely have many engines available.

Check the stickied engine swap thread, I believe that there are a couple of Silvia's that can take larger engines. The catch is that unless you were in on the engine reward glitch you probably only have a few engines available, and probably not any that will work for the Silvia. If you did partake in the engine reward glitch you likely have many engines available.
Do you mean the S15 with the 2JZ engine?? I participated in the bonanza and have a boat load of engines!!

The very first stickied thread is titled "engine swap compatibility list'. Go look. I don't have the list memorized.
I’ve seen the list multiple times! There is no Silvia and RX-7 swaps!! Here is all the RX-7 swaps and all swaps that include any Silvias
IMG_0729.jpg
IMG_0730.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0728.jpg
    IMG_0728.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 16
I "cheated" and used a VR38-swapped 180SX with over 700PP and won by absolutely miles. It was a bit too easy (in the lead before the end of lap 2 on all three races) so I'm going to go back and try it with some lower-rated Silvia's this week.

Yeah, it seems they dont even want to be bothered and left the hard PP barrier out so they don't really have to fiddle with difficulty. It's too hard? Well, just go over the PP limit.

“At this point yeah, not gonna waste time trying to make any challenge of this trying to figure out which car settings are best, that's PD's job.”
Clearly not from the days of installing a Stage 4 turbo and racing slicks on your Silvia. :sly:

I didn't ever say that a Silvia could take a RX7 engine. I said that I didn't have the list memorized and that you would have to check. Famine is very meticulous with those sort of things, so if it's not on that list, you cannot likely do it.
Erm! Just looked back at our correspondence and have realised you weren’t the one that claimed they used an RX-7 swapped car for the Silvia Sisters races, apologies for the confusion 😂. I guess we need to wait for @ichighost to clear things up!

The PP recommendation is not a " you can win with this PP" it just tells you that's what you need to not fall behind, this is pretty dumb, to be honest, but then if they did tell us what we need to win then it would reduce the game to numbers.
Races with PP caps' are usually what you need to win as well. MMOs do this when they say " the recommended level for this area is X" , you won't be slaying once you walk in, but have just enough to not get annihilated and level up.

The fun of these games is tuning and finding out the right tune, Granturismo has always been cheesable, but a lot of people love to see how low they can go. Personally, these event's don't interest me so the cheese is the way to go.

Last edited:
Back