Singapore is killing me :CF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Gazumagi
  • 16 comments
stormpaladin
let me just preface this by saying that i'm not the greatest driver ( :nervous: )

But really, i can't race on singapore. The kerbs absolutely destroy me :yuck:

I can't figure out how to get a few good laps in without spinning at least once. In fact, one lap, i killed my front wing and used a flashback to get it back. Then wrecked half of the front wing, and as i went back into the pits one back tire touched the kerb and then i broke the other half of the wing 👎

It gets really frustrating when i can have nice races for the whole season, and then have to turn it to 20%/easy/4 flashbacks for singapore -_-

Do i just have to go really slow around turns or is there a trick to handling the kerbs without spinning out. As far as i can tell, if i have constant acceleration over the kerbs it doesn't have as high of a death-of-car rate, but still spins me out a fair few times :guilty:

Thanks for help (if you give any :sly: )

Crikey, if you hate it in 2011 then you would have committed suicide with it in 2010.

Try not to take the kerbs as much, and relax. Sometimes you can push too hard, esspecially on street circuits.

Crikey, if you hate it in 2011 then you would have committed suicide with it in 2010.

Try not to take the kerbs as much, and relax. Sometimes you can push too hard, esspecially on street circuits.

Pretty much this - consistency is key in Singapore. Being quick isn't the most important thing. :)

"To finish first you have to finish first." -Ron Dennis

I not the best driver but, I like singapore very much I dont know why but i can drive there:S and win ^^

What cam view do you use? I use T-Cam on this circuit to see the coming turn(s) better.

Use a little curb, but not too much

Ease the throttle when traveling over kerbs. I haven't tried Singapore yet in 2011, but I pretty much hate it in 2010. I just think the track is ridiculous.
Take for instance turn 10...wait what?

Blame the track, not the driver.

Singapore in 2010 was a killer, but I found it was better in 2011. don't rush into the corners though, take it easier and you'll progressively build up

Singapore's not too bad, but it does take a bit of practice. Just sit for an hour or so in an hrt with the fuel mix at the lowest (for lower speeds). When you feel more confident, turn up the fuel mix until you're ready to jump into a quicker car.

The main problem I have at singapore is the pit entry. It can be quite tricky. Like others have said, just take some time getting used to it and building up speed. You'll get there after a little while.

I love Singapore! Like anywhere else, you really just need to learn the circuit. The AI tend to be pretty slow on this track, so I would also recommend trying not to push too hard. Also keep in mind that proper braking at Singapore is probably even more important than how hard you push.

Haha, ive never been able to do singapore. Hate that track so much it is ridiculous. Especially them 3 curb things that are about 2 meters high (slight eggageration) but not that much.

No, Ron Dennis actually said that - "To finish first, you have to finish first" - in a rare moment without Ronspeak.

\o/

On a side-note: I made a video (t-cam first, cockpit view of the same lap afterwards), it's not like I'm the best driver ever but it might give you an idea on how to approach the track. More or less.

Last edited:
thanks for all the replies everybody ^^

Mr. S, just a quick question-at around 0:50 when you're going over the curbs/kerbs are you using the gas/brake at all? That section seems to give me the most trouble ;;

thanks for all the replies everybody ^^

Mr. S, just a quick question-at around 0:50 when you're going over the curbs/kerbs are you using the gas/brake at all? That section seems to give me the most trouble ;;

I'm accelerating just a little bit - it's tricky because you're short on traction there. :)

Latest Posts

Back