Singleplayer Events question

• Thread starter wlashack
  • 11 comments
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
wlashack
Hello,
I am trying to complete Events in GT7 but I really struggle in some of them as well as I dominate others with ease. And in both cases — I do not know why.
I found that various Events are overall easier than others, like Sunday Cups are usually easier than Porsche Cups. But even a Sunday Cup 400 can be a nightmare for me like that on Kyoto.

There are three Events on Kyoto circuit. First two are typically the very easy ones, I won both at first try with 10+ seconds before the second car. The third one — Sunday Cup 400 is the opposite. I tried several cars and various setups on each but I struggle totally, others are faster than me on straights, 5th place is the best so far.

Are all these Events about findinding the right car and its Settings/Tuning? Or how to look at the total difference in difficulty? I still consider myself a beginner driver but not to be unable to win against AI on circuit that I have learnt already, achieved Gold in Circuit Experience and then struggle with PP400 cars… I do not get it.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

As @Lomic points out: if the event doesnt restrict an upper PP limit, you are free to chose how far you are going into your own performance. Also the game doesnt need you to win in order to proceed.
Some recommendations also wont work (at least on the high difficulty setting) like Willow Springs with the Supra GT500 recommendation vs Mazda 787B AI.

And while it is true there are cars that are just better than the others, usually you should be able to beat it fair and square (Alfa Guilia is a beast, dont consider this a fair fight ;))

Turn the difficulty down if you need to. The rewards are the same. GT7 is meant to be enjoyed by players of all skill levels, not just the experts with crazy expensive sim rigs. If you're new to it, I recommend starting on easy and aiming for bronze medals. Once you get more confident, aim for gold, then turn the difficulty up on a race by race basis until you find the sweet spot.

Hello,
I am trying to complete Events in GT7 but I really struggle in some of them as well as I dominate others with ease. And in both cases — I do not know why.
I found that various Events are overall easier than others, like Sunday Cups are usually easier than Porsche Cups. But even a Sunday Cup 400 can be a nightmare for me like that on Kyoto.

There are three Events on Kyoto circuit. First two are typically the very easy ones, I won both at first try with 10+ seconds before the second car. The third one — Sunday Cup 400 is the opposite. I tried several cars and various setups on each but I struggle totally, others are faster than me on straights, 5th place is the best so far.

Are all these Events about findinding the right car and its Settings/Tuning? Or how to look at the total difference in difficulty? I still consider myself a beginner driver but not to be unable to win against AI on circuit that I have learnt already, achieved Gold in Circuit Experience and then struggle with PP400 cars… I do not get it.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
My 2 cents:
- if you "just" want to complete them, bring a big gun for it and don't be ashamed of the overkill.

- if you want to explore what the game has to offer, take your time and search for a car more or less around the suggested PP and keep trying to get the win, meaning: find a car capable of winning (in a competetive way) but not with an overkill.

- if you want to dip your toes into tuning, most of the time a set of better tyres, weight reduction and few engine parts will do the trick. That's another way to explore what the game has to offer and have some fun in the single player.

It's worth mentioning that there's been a lot of inflation in PP ratings for the slower road cars due to the two physics updates. The Honda Fit is 15 PP more than it was at launch, the 2016 Clio is 22 PP more, and so on.

"400 PP" at launch is probably about 420-430 in today's ratings. So if you're doing the 400 PP events and limiting yourself to 400 PP then it's a harder job to do that now than it was at launch.

I want to win, but at the same time follow all the rules of the race.

"Problem" is that i already tried various cars, various tunings, tyres etc. I tried to power down strong cars, I tried to power up weak card, I tried worst tyres, best tyres, brakes, engine tuning parts… But always the same result in the end — I am about 10 seconds behind leader after two rounds race. Which sounds crazy. Yes, I am slow so far, in online time trials I am 2+ seconds per lap slower than top drivers. But 10 seconds loss in 2 laps with PP400 cars — I really do not know what to do with that.

And events where I am 10+ seconds ahead of the second car are the same mystery but opposite result. Why there is a race where I overtake everyone during first round even without knowing the track/car and the second lap is my own race with others far behind. I do not get neither of the options, and Kyoto offers both. There are three events while not a single one makes sense.

I am trying to find out reason. Mybe there is none and I am overthinking it. Maybe events are prepared wrong. But I still cannot believe it because all other content seems to be prepared very precisely (Circuit Experiences, Licence Centre, Missions, Music Rally…).

I still think there is a mistake on my side but got no clue what am I missing.

It's worth mentioning that there's been a lot of inflation in PP ratings for the slower road cars due to the two physics updates. The Honda Fit is 15 PP more than it was at launch, the 2016 Clio is 22 PP more, and so on.

"400 PP" at launch is probably about 420-430 in today's ratings. So if you're doing the 400 PP events and limiting yourself to 400 PP then it's a harder job to do that now than it was at launch.
THIS could be the key!

No, the simple truth is that difficulty is all over the place. There are events you can easily win being around 100 PP below the recommended PP level (on highest difficulty), and then there are other events where using the recommended PP level is far from enough to win.

Back