Skincare Thread

• Thread starter Hollow
  • 35 comments
Finally about to order a red light mask and see what the hype is all about. Looking forward to looking like a burglar 30 minutes before bed every night. Might come in handy for Halloween too actually.

View attachment 1386768
So that's what these things are.

My sister has a white one but I never asked what it was for.

It's more that increased exposure to certain frequencies of light sounds antithetical to other areas of skin care. Why protect against 200nm light, but increase exposure to 780nm?
This seems a good introduction:

(BTW, nm are a unit of measurement for wavelength).

Interesting stuff!

(BTW, nm are a unit of measurement for wavelength).
I am well aware. Since they're effectively proportional via a constant I would consider wavelength and frequency to be interchangeable in an explanation. As people tend to talk about the visible portion of the EM spectrum in wavelengths, but the rest of it as frequencies I assume this is well understood. Perhaps I shouldn't assume.

Perhaps I shouldn't assume.
That's the safest thing I've found.

For instance, as you know they are inversely proportional to each other in this context but someone might see an increasing wavelength as the same as an increasing frequency.

Just ends up potentially adding to the confusion.

Last edited:
You know there are plenty of fish tanks across the land that will happily let the fish chew off your old skin and rejuvenate your new skin.
They do that for the face? I thought fish were only used for pedicures.

Speaking of fish, Polynucleotide injections (Salmon sperm DNA) are a thing, supposedly very effective for the under eye area to improve dark circles and wrinkles. It was popular in Korea and Japan initially but has been gaining traction around the world. The salmon DNA extract is in a gel form and is injected directly under the facial skin.

Something to pond-er about. :dopey:

Speaking of fish, Polynucleotide injections (Salmon sperm DNA) are a thing, supposedly very effective for the under eye area to improve dark circles and wrinkles. It was popular in Korea and Japan initially but has been gaining traction around the world. The salmon DNA extract is in a gel form and is injected directly under the facial skin.

Leave it to the Japanese to spawn that idea...

92sjky.jpg

All I've heard about are the doctor fish who do remove dead skin (I believe they are in Turkey) from feet. It's possible someone was brave enough to try them on their face and not risk ingesting/inhaling them or getting their eyes gouged.

Back