So far, my Thrustmaster experience is the worst

• Thread starter Mikyll
  • 46 comments
United States
United States
I bought a T150 PRO for $175 before Xmas. I use it exclusively on GT Sport. On Xmas day the brake pedal as well as the buttons on the wheel stopped working. I contacted Thrustmaster. After days of NO response, I called my place of purchase and they exchanged it for a new T150 PRO. Thrustmaster finally responded 1.5 weeks after I initially contacted them!! But I had already replaced the wheel. The second wheel stopped working 3 days after I got it. The brake pedal suddenly stopped sending any signal. I tried it last night, it worked for about 15 minutes and suddenly brake pedal went dead. When I connect to PC and test in the driver, it shows no signal from the brake. I also tried changing the "Mode" back and forth. Nothing works. And once again, DAYS have passed and I have gotten NO response from Thrustmaster. Terrible customer service. SO.... I need some advice. I was happy with the performance of the T150 Pro. I could probably get this replaced once again from my place of purchase, but I have zero confidence in the reliability of this unit and TMaster service is horrible. My only option is to spend DOUBLE the money for a T300rs. That is ridiculous. Or I can spend nearly double for a G29 that is a workhorse, but I don't know that I will be happy with gear drive after using the T150 belt/gear system. It really stinks that Thrustmaster has such bad service. It's been nearly 3 weeks since I first contacted TMaster and I have received ONE response. And that response was no help. I have not heard from them since, even though I've commented on my open ticket multiple times.

I have the t300rs and i realized that thrustmaster are terrible. I had to replace the servo base 3 times last year (2017). Fanatec is what im going to next.

My T150 has just started developing a noise when turning quickly such as catching a slide.

When it dies, I'm not even going to bother telling them about it as I've got over 800 hours use from it and it's nearly out of warranty.

It seems they really are hit or miss. Different batches, I don't know.
I have had good luck with mine across 4 games using very high FFB.
It never once so much as got hot and there's been multiple days it's been used 8+ hrs.
There is no doubt the Logitech is very tough but not without it's own problems.
Just ask @davidt33

Take it back to the shop. They are the ones that should take care of it, give you a new one or send it to thrustmaster for investigation.
I did that once. I got a replacement. The second one is glitching out now also. From what I see it's a fairly common problem. I would be ok with it if they were providing good customer service. But so far Thrustmaster has been dreadful. 1.5 week response time is unacceptable. I could return this one again and get a replacement, but I truly believe the T150 has reliability issues. It just sucks I am forced to spend a LOT more money to upgrade... when I honestly don't need a better performing wheel. I regret not going with Logitech. They may be gear drive, but the quality is top notch.

Today @Spurgy 777 alerted me to an issue that was happening with my throttle inputs (he spotted it on my lap around lake maggiore). Basically, it was flickering while accelerating. It was the first time I saw it. I did some races afterwards and some tests and apparently went away... for now. If I get any issues on my 5 months old T300 RS GTE I will probably never buy a Thrustmaster again. Logitech seems to be capable of producing cheaper wheels with higher reliability. At least according to the complains I've read and the reports I've gotten from a few friends I play with.

Last edited:
Today @Spurgy 777 alerted me to an issue that was happening with my throttle inputs (he spotted it on my lap around lake maggiore). Basically, it was flickering while accelerating. It was the first time I saw it. I did some races afterwards and some tests and apparently went away... for now. If I get any issues on my 5 months old T300 RS GTE I will probably never buy a Thrustmaster again. Logitech seems to be capable of producing cheaper wheels with higher reliability. At least according to the complains I've read and the reports I've gotten from a few friends I play with.

I have this too with my T150 Pro, I only bought it when GT sport came out. Sometimes it's there then other times it isn't, very annoying and it's starting to distract me now too.

I had the T300RS for two months and returned it due to me stopped playing so much, and i had no problems whatsoever.
Build quality fantastic and perfect feeling.
Sorry to hear you have problems. I guess these products are hit or miss sometimes, not necessarily only one manufacturer.

I finally received my second response after weeks. They repeated many of same questions, as if they never bothered to look at my service ticket. After I complied with everything, they agreed my wheel was broken. They offered to REPAIR it, which would take a minimum of 2 weeks. I politely told them to stick it up their a$$. I called my place of purchase, and within 5 minutes they offered me a replacement or refund. This time I took the refund. I will never buy a Thrustmaster product again. I did my best to give them a chance. But I'm going to give a G29 a try. Already ordered.

T300RS user here with a base that died well outside of the warranty period. Even with that lack of customer service considered, the T300RS is too good of a wheel for me to jump to Logitech for my PS4 gaming.

To work around the customer service issues I bought 1) a new servo base from Amazon and 2) an Amazon SquareTrade 3-Year Protection Plan (covers $200-249.99 for $16 USD) to go with it. If the servo base lasts 3 years I'm out very little money, but if it doesn't...I'm covered.

I have no problems with my TMX (used via Drivehub with PS4), I've had it for almost 2 years. Prior tot hat i had a G25 that died finally after 10 some odd years.

Get TM to replace it, you might have a faulty unit altogether.

Some people have had the same throttle issue on G29.

Some people have had the same throttle issue on G29.

So that is at least three different wheels then and two different manufacturers. Is this another game related bug I wonder?

Anyone else have this intermittent throttle flicker even at full throttle?

I have the T300RS the 500RS and the TgT

All of them in my opinion are premium products.
But i think Fanatec is a good step ahead of them, not only at the wheel base, but the fana pedals are the best ive seen so far.

I had the V2 and now the V3 Pedals. Excellent stuff.
Completly to the other side the thurstmaster pedals are bad and have a bad Quality.

I bought my TgT few weeks ago and i had many issues with the pedals (The Wheel itself is the best after my Fana V2 Wheel i ever had). First the Brake started flickering and i had to change the Potmeter. Then it flickered again after 2 days, I switched Brake with Clitch pedal and it worked, till now...

Currently im looking forward to get a CPX Adapter or the New Designer Basher board Adapter (not released yet) to get rid of the thrustmaster pedals and to use the fanatec v3 on the ps4.

So in general: Thrustmaster Wheel - Premium / Pedals - bad
Fanatec Elite Wheel - Premium / Pedals - Premium

It seems like with all sim racing wheels it's a hit or miss. So you have to take this risk going in and decide if you want to pay for extra warranty(depending where you shop from). I was comfortable taking this risk with the T150 since I got it at a decent deal. It's been working fine and I've had it for probably a half a year now. If it breaks I will see if there is a factor warranty, if there isn't and it lasted 2 years, I will be satisfied and move on to another wheel if I don't before then.

I guess you could try waiting for G29 or wait till T300 is discounted and get it with warranty.

But i think Fanatec is a good step ahead of them, not only at the wheel base, but the fana pedals are the best ive seen so far.

Completly to the other side the thurstmaster pedals are bad and have a bad Quality.

I bought my TgT few weeks ago and i had many issues with the pedals (The Wheel itself is the best after my Fana V2 Wheel i ever had). First the Brake started flickering and i had to change the Potmeter. Then it flickered again after 2 days, I switched Brake with Clitch pedal and it worked, till now...

Currently im looking forward to get a CPX Adapter or the New Designer Basher board Adapter (not released yet) to get rid of the thrustmaster pedals and to use the fanatec v3 on the ps4.

Is Fanatec wheel base better than T-GT wheel base? Because I hear good things about TS-PC wheel base which is near or on par with T-GT according to some. I like Thrustmaster's plug and play approach too. Fanatec's pedals look very premium though, they have a nice value.

BTW I'm using a set of Fanatec CSR Elite pedals I purchased cheap (£80) secondhand with a T300 servo / Leather 28 GT wheel combo which I use with a Basherboard CPX v2 adaptor (managed to snag one just before they stopped selling them!) on my PS4 Pro - seems to work well!

I tried my best to allow Thrustmaster to want my business. They did not care. I did NOT want to go with a G29. In the very brief time that both my T150's worked, I was happy. But I just could not convince myself to give Thrustmaster any more business. Obviously if I am not happy with the G29, I will consider the T300. I'm sure I would love the T300. But Thrustmaster quality and service is the worst. I only have a 3 month window that I get to devote hardcore to Gran Turismo, then our real racing season starts. Thrustmaster has already cost me one of those months. I am not a complainer... EVER. I just wanted everyone to be aware of my ordeal. I appreciate some of the feedback!

Is Fanatec wheel base better than T-GT wheel base? Because I hear good things about TS-PC wheel base which is near or on par with T-GT according to some. I like Thrustmaster's plug and play approach too. Fanatec's pedals look very premium though, they have a nice value.

I do not have the Fanatec Elite Wheel, but maybe i will give a try in the future, cause iam a Wheel fanatic.. i want to know the differences between wheels. But what i read and what i saw in the internet, expecially for GT Sport the TgT is really top on when it comes to feel GT Sport, but i think the Elite has a better quality, maybe no far behind the G29. (My Opinion) But the Fanatec V2 Wheelbase for the PC is crazy good with the V3 Pedals.

BTW I'm using a set of Fanatec CSR Elite pedals I purchased cheap (£80) secondhand with a T300 servo / Leather 28 GT wheel combo which I use with a Basherboard CPX v2 adaptor (managed to snag one just before they stopped selling them!) on my PS4 Pro - seems to work well!
Lucky you :P

By the Way, if anyone sells the CPX ADAPTER, please write me xD

Looks like i'm having brake pedal issues too. Last night I was playing in Sport mode and started washing out at every corner, like I wasn't braking enough - while kept braking at the same spot. Then had a look at the pedal input on the HUD and it only went up till half under hard braking. Another anomaly I noticed was the car downshifting randomly.

Restarted console, the symptom went away, but after 1-2 braking points, it's happening again. I'll try a re-calibration on the PC, if that doesn't sort it, I'll try returning it.

Looks like i'm having brake pedal issues too. Last night I was playing in Sport mode and started washing out at every corner, like I wasn't braking enough - while kept braking at the same spot. Then had a look at the pedal input on the HUD and it only went up till half under hard braking. Another anomaly I noticed was the car downshifting randomly.

Restarted console, the symptom went away, but after 1-2 braking points, it's happening again. I'll try a re-calibration on the PC, if that doesn't sort it, I'll try returning it.

You can also try to switch the clutch pedal with the brake bedal ( ofcourse use the spring from the braking pedal again on your brake, because the clutch spring is way softer)

Or yes you return it...that is a common thrustmaster issue, i had it also with the t500, t300 and now with the tgt, t500 it was brake, t300 was throttle and at tgt it was brake again..i simply switched the brkae and clutch pedal...

Only problem I've had is my T300 will pause the game for no reason in the middle of driving. Barely ever happens though...

Sounds like power/voltage issue, check the plugs at the power adapter and the plug into the wheel.

Try also: Driving and moving a bit the power connections on the power adapter and the plug into your wheel

(If you plug out the usb from the wheel, then the game pauses because the current used controller is away. So i think its a Power issue)

I have the 2 pedal version, so can't swap. I've researched some more and it seems that in GTS, the pedal input is re-calibrating constantly ( since the lack of a calibration setting ) during racing. The symptoms started after a fair share of laps last night - I keep thinking the game considers I apply too much pressure?

Back