So far, my Thrustmaster experience is the worst

• Thread starter Mikyll
  • 46 comments
I have the 2 pedal version, so can't swap. I've researched some more and it seems that in GTS, the pedal input is re-calibrating constantly ( since the lack of a calibration setting ) during racing. The symptoms started after a fair share of laps last night - I keep thinking the game considers I apply too much pressure?

Hm, i dont know, sometimes it helps if you pump a few times the pedal that the potmeter starts working properly again

Or the Potmeter is loose inside and now on the wrong position

Plugged into PC, updated FW and tested the brake pedal, no issues, full pressure all the time.

Back to PS4, had a fair amount of N24 races until the symptom was back last night, 50% brake pressure on the gauge. This didn't happen before v1.11

Got my 150 Pro attached to a Next Level Racing stand, been going since GTS launch.... even survived the father-in-law's reaction to FFB by ripping the wheel of the stand! Not sure if anyone else has issues with attaching it, but the mounting points aren't designed for that stand??? Basicly got the pressure pads on the cross frame with the wheel an inch or two closer than it should be???

Got my 150 Pro attached to a Next Level Racing stand, been going since GTS launch.... even survived the father-in-law's reaction to FFB by ripping the wheel of the stand! Not sure if anyone else has issues with attaching it, but the mounting points aren't designed for that stand??? Basicly got the pressure pads on the cross frame with the wheel an inch or two closer than it should be???
Try this here i‘m about to order that too
https://www.ricmotech.com/hard_mount_adapter_for_T150_tmx_wheels_p/rmt-t150hmp.htm

After having used a TM-GT for almost 12 years I also wanted to purchase a T150, googled a lot of information and reviews and started to doubt the choice.
In the local shop over here they told me that they had a lot of faulty T150s returned the past couple of months, so I bought a T300 instead. It has been used over 100 hours now and I never had any issues with it.
I also had a Logitech steering wheel in the past which broke down completely after only 20 hours of use. Reading this thread I'm glad I decided to go for the T300.

So that is at least three different wheels then and two different manufacturers. Is this another game related bug I wonder?

Anyone else have this intermittent throttle flicker even at full throttle?

I had the issue awhile ago I took my pedals apart and removed every single bit of dust/hair/weird random stuff near the pedals and that solved it for me.

I had the issue awhile ago I took my pedals apart and removed every single bit of dust/hair/weird random stuff near the pedals and that solved it for me.

Yes I cleaned them but it was still a bit funny in GT Sport, like it was not properly calibrated, so I did what you are not supposed to do and unplugged the peddles whilst the game was on and then when I plugged them back in and pressed the pedals down they re-calibrated properly and it seems fine again now.

So it likely was the dirt that was causing problems but also GT Sport had got confused by it all too. :lol:

Just out of interest Tidgney, are you using the T3PA pedals? Thinking about swapping the standard T300 pedals.

Yes I cleaned them but it was still a bit funny in GT Sport, like it was not properly calibrated, so I did what you are not supposed to do and unplugged the peddles whilst the game was on and then when I plugged them back in and pressed the pedals down they re-calibrated properly and it seems fine again now.

So it likely was the dirt that was causing problems but also GT Sport had got confused by it all too. :lol:

I'm amazed by how much stuff ends up in the pedals! I had the same issue on a g27 back in the day haha!

Just out of interest Tidgney, are you using the T3PA pedals? Thinking about swapping the standard T300 pedals.

I do indeed, and they are a huge improvement over the standard pedals. I mentioned in my review/comparison video that the only way to compare the T300 and G29 is to include the T3PA pedals. You get a brake mod but the pedals have enough resistance for me :) so have never used it. A friend did, didn't like how strong the pedal became so took it out again.

Plugged into PC, updated FW and tested the brake pedal, no issues, full pressure all the time.

Back to PS4, had a fair amount of N24 races until the symptom was back last night, 50% brake pressure on the gauge. This didn't happen before v1.11
This happened to me as well but on the pc. My T3PA pros were brand new. They'd calibrate fine in the TM Control Panel, then in game, then at some point I'd instantly only have half braking power. I had to removed the brake mod which came with the pedals, the spring and rubber pad not the conical and that resolved it. Not sure if that applies to your situation but it worked for me. Still it's not ideal as I really liked that mod so I have to find a way to get it working properly again. Also, and I'm sure others have mentioned it, make sure and calibrate the pedals fully in the game as well. As soon as the game starts depress the pedals fully for a few seconds and again when entering the track for the first time.

I'm amazed by how much stuff ends up in the pedals! I had the same issue on a g27 back in the day haha!
I do indeed, and they are a huge improvement over the standard pedals. I mentioned in my review/comparison video that the only way to compare the T300 and G29 is to include the T3PA pedals. You get a brake mod but the pedals have enough resistance for me :) so have never used it. A friend did, didn't like how strong the pedal became so took it out again.

Do you sense that you have achieved faster lap times when you use the T3PA pedals?
Wondering if I should make a purchase. Consistently 0.5s-1.0s off fastest hot laps in Europe and I can't find the time to gain (albeit that may be down to lack of driving over the years).

Do you sense that you have achieved faster lap times when you use the T3PA pedals?
Wondering if I should make a purchase. Consistently 0.5s-1.0s off fastest hot laps in Europe and I can't find the time to gain (albeit that may be down to lack of driving over the years).

If I'm really, really honest I don't see pedals being a factor in fastest laps, main reason being;

GT Academy 2011: Pad/G25 (Spring Resistance)
GT Academy 2012: DFGT (No resistance in pedals)
GT Academy 2013: G27 (Spring Resistance)

I qualified in each of those, and I would say 2012 was the hardest GT Academy I did on a wheel basis.

The only time my times have been impacted was the G29's silly brake mod they put in which is so solid you don't get the full range (I full on put my whole weight on the thing and it didn't budge although I was hearing the pedals struggling to stay in place with the pressure I was putting on). When I say impacted I mean cost me time!

It might make you a bit more consistent but you'll find time more in wheels than pedals but even then it will be tiny. But we're all different to, so that's highly dependant on individuals I guess? However I would recommend the T3PA pedals just for that additional resistance as it does help with accuracy.

I don't have a brake mod, this is why it gets so frustrating.
I taped a simple makeup removal sponge behind my TMX brake pedal. (mind the carpet/cat hair)
0H4wtn0.jpg

Back