PlayStation VR2 for PlayStation 5

Also, we’re pleased to share that we are currently testing the ability for PS VR2 players to access additional games on PC to offer even more game variety in addition to the PS VR2 titles available through PS5. We hope to make this support available in 2024, so stay tuned for more updates.

Absolute rubbish, VR gives the greatest gaming experience money can buy, not saying it’s for everyone but I’m guessing with such a sweeping statement like that then you have used VR extensively so I’m intrigued as to why you think it’s a waste of money ? MSFS in VR is mind blowing
Hey there! Someone with nicer VR headset than the PSVR2 here.

You're referring to a post that was already a year old when you replied to it. Considering that Sony has since took a hatchet to all of their studios that had primarily worked on VR games, arbitrarily locked off compatibility with PSVR1 games from the start (with no interest of even having them ported) leading to consumer anxiety of PSVR2 being a dead end as well, and hasn't yet confirmed that the PSVR2 with its retail price of "significantly more than a PS5 despite being a wired headset" will be usable on PC now that they have effectively abandoned supporting it with software (merely that they are "testing it"), he was probably right that the PSVR2 was a waste of money if it's true that Sony can't get rid of the things as reported today.

And while some of this is more recent news than when you responded, the writing was on the wall even when you made your post. To wit: If the platform was actually healthy Sony wouldn't be attempting to make it open to PCVR all of a year and a half after they confirmed it was going to be held hostage to a single platform (and probably only one generation of it). It arguably was in trouble before the thing even launched considering people in this thread were wondering if Sony significantly overestimated demand for it at launch when the "invite" system for preorders to prevent scalping was dropped by Sony almost immediately well before it actually came out; as borne out by Sony's attempts to fluff up its sales being pretty laughable before they stopped commenting on it at all.

Last edited:
Hmm.. Ok. Finally caved and bought a complete used one off ebay for $340.

Don't need the PC adapter immediately but I'm buying this now betting that it'll still be compatible with GT8 when they likely release that for the PS5 Pro. I seriously doubt Sony will make another VR headset in the near future.

Then I'll have a whole game to experience it with vs GT7 where I've already spent almost 1000 hours in (according the console) and there isn't much for me to do in it except try new cars as they come out.

Last edited:
I'll probably end up picking this up pending reviews, if nothing else to try out PC sims with vr support like ams2. Disappointed by the seemingly technical limitations, no eye tracking etc. Obviously this is no indication of GT7 coming to PC either.

Don't need the PC adapter immediately but I'm buying this now betting that it'll still be compatible with GT8 when they likely release that for the PS5 Pro. I seriously doubt Sony will make another VR headset in the near future.

Then I'll have a whole game to experience it with vs GT7 where I've already spent almost 1000 hours in (according the console) and there isn't much for me to do in it except try new cars as they come out.

If GT8 comes out with the PS5 Pro this year (which I still have doubts pro will be released this year) then I’ll buy a PSVR2 and eat it.

This might finally get me to sort out my stored PC and actually use it. Microsft flight sim yes? in VR, nice.
PC Adaptor supports foveated rendering too.

Last edited:
Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office
Been waiting for a replacement to my very old htc vive 1

If GT8 comes out with the PS5 Pro this year (which I still have doubts pro will be released this year) then I’ll buy a PSVR2 and eat it.
Yea, no GT8 will not come this year but I think in the next couple years. I think all parties involved would want an updated GT8.

- Polyphony so they can make it purely for PS5 hardware like they wanted to and not PS4 BS and also rectify the design issues people have with 7. They'll build it around Sophy etc.

- Sony because they'll want new software to market and sell the Pro. They may also be pushing for a PC release?

- The players cause we want all the new goodies. Someone said elsewhere about the revolution/evolution model that Polyphony follows. GT8 should just be GT7, so not having to build everything all over again, and instead is just a lot more content. There is no way they haven't been working on GT8 for at least a year now.

I don't think Sony/Polyphony are going to completely abandon support for PSVR2. Polyphony's already done the work for the current software/hardware support. So this felt like a reasonable purchase now. Figured with this PC adaptor news, more people will be going out to buy them so I might as well get in before the cheap ones are all gone.

Mildly excited to try GT7 with VR but I've done the PC stuff for years so it's not like it'll be a radical new experience for me. Also I know the PSVR2 headset isn't the best, up-to-date headset tech out there.

Last edited:

Same :) Was waiting on them to add capability with PC before I could justify to myself to purchase (even thought I have another PCVR), just felt like the principle to me lol. Snagged a nice slightly used one for around the same price. Hope we are right that it will be used on GT8.

Sooo… I found out that my laptop has display port 1.2… and this requires dp 1.4. So I am out of the game here. Despite most headset working fine on dp1.2 (even pimax crystal 8k….) I am heavily disappointed now I m thinking about meta quesr for pc gaming…

Last edited:
If you are a PC only player you have better options.

This is really only for for PS5 players who are looking for a way to watch VR "entertainment" or play Half Life Alyx or whatever.
People who own both platforms and were on the fence basically.

If this is you: Jump in now.

GT7 in VR is a gamechanger.

But!

It is worth noting that this is NOT Sony believing in or supporting the hardware.
This is not PSVRs second life, it's its death bed so to speak.
This is Sony cutting their losses and trying to get rid of stock that piled up of a product they lost interest in even before they released it.

Last edited:
Maybe this will cause a PC version of GT7 to come out as well. That way a title with full capabilities is on offer.

Sounds good to me, cause maybe that will cause PD to add some more tracks and such to celebrate.

Sooo… I found out that my laptop has display port 1.2… and this requires dp 1.4. So I am out of the game here. Despite most headset working fine on dp1.2 (even pimax crystal 8k….) I am heavily disappointed now I m thinking about meta quesr for pc gaming…
Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office
Been waiting for a replacement to my very old htc vive 1
Can the PSVR2 be connected, with the adapter, to a laptop? to watch 3d videos? (not gaming) I mean documentaries and so, mostly :D

If you're mainly interested in VR on PC and don't already have a PSVR2 then unless you get some screaming deal absolutely do not buy one now to use on PC just because Sony is putting out an adapter to clear out unsold stock.

Buy a Quest 3 instead.

Last edited:
Maybe this will cause a PC version of GT7 to come out as well. That way a title with full capabilities is on offer.

Sounds good to me, cause maybe that will cause PD to add some more tracks and such to celebrate.
no chance if the headset doesnt even support some of the basic features it does on ps5

Why are people so desperate for GT8? Have we learned literally nothing from everything wrong with licensed sports games?
I’d rather PD take their time with GT8, even if it does mean it doesn’t arrive until the back end of this generation

The most I am expecting is a PS5 Pro update for GT7

Why are people so desperate for GT8? Have we learned literally nothing from everything wrong with licensed sports games?
I’d rather PD take their time with GT8, even if it does mean it doesn’t arrive until the back end of this generation

If GT8 comes out this year or next it will just be GT7 2.0

GT8 shouldn’t appear before 2028 and if it does I’d have serious doubts about its quality

Especially in the context of a thread that has nothing to do with Gran Turismo to begin with.

The headset may not be getting much Sony support but the game from Skydance actually looks really good

The other Alien one shown at the SoP is not for me, don't do horror

Back