Spa Endurance race 18/11 - Stock Lambos only

• Thread starter Jawehawk
  • 151 comments

Jawehawk

Premium
Denmark
Denmark
Yohansen_92
Get ready to test your skill in an intense 45 lap race on the legendary Spa circuit.

TrialMountainCircuit.jpg

Info: The race will be held on friday the 18th november. The lobby will be opened at around 18.00 GMT, and the qualifying/race will start at 18.30 GMT. Full weather change will be ON, and damage and tire/fuel wear will be set to max. The event is expected to be aprox. 2 hours long. Should you wish to participate in the event, you have to sign up in this thread, or by PM to me. Furthermore you have to attend at least one practice session, in order to prove yourself capable of driving clean and fair. The exact time for the practice sessions have yet to be specified, though we expect them to be held on the days leading up to the actual event.
If you sign up, we expect you to be commited. Should something prevent you from joining, you need to PM me as soon as possible. Your hosts are MattieM and me.

Restrictions: Only the 3 modern lamborghini's are allowed to enter this event, and they all have to be completely stock(oil change allowed). You may not use the Chromeline Lambo, as it is pre-tuned. Participants will be free to choose from the Sports hard/medium tires at their own will. Intermediate and rain tires are also allowed(as long as surface water is 20% or above). Do NOT use Sports soft or racing(Hard, Medium or Soft) tires. Doing so will show in the replay, and will get you reported on GTPlanet.
All racing aids are prohibited(except ABS)

Participants:

GTP/PSN nick: MattieM/MattieM

GTP/PSN nick: Jawehawk/Andy-Macnab

GTP/PSN nick: Duck/papero1974

GTP/PSN nick: dhandes/dhandes

GTP/PSN nick: John Wells/johnwells69

GTP/PSN nick: Jamie-C/GTP_JamieC2311

GTP/PSN nick: Heathenpride/Heathenpride

GTP/PSN nick: ACL_13/ACL_13

GTP/PSN nick: Zolon32/Zolon32

GTP/PSN nick: iLLY89/needanick

GTP/PSN nick: chrisr1984/GTP_ChrisR1984​

Last edited:
I'll join if it fits my time zone. PSN - jkt008.
Thanks.

I like stock cars 👍
If it's not a night race I'm in. If it is, I'd like to join you at least in practice ;)

All racing aids are prohibited(that includes ABS).
Does it mean ABS=0?

I like stock cars 👍
If it's not a night race I'm in. If it is, I'd like to join you at least in practice ;)

Does it mean ABS=0?

Yes. I realise that the actual Lambos have ABS installed in them, but for the purpose of a race requiring skill, I'd like people to leave it off(at 0). Lucky for you, Spa does not have a day/night circle, so it's purely daytime.
Expect rain though.

Edit: MattieM and I are currently deciding on weather or not ABS should be allowed.

Last edited:
Jawehawk
Excellent. We shall do our best to come up with a proper time for the event.

I'm happy with any time between 05:00 GMT and 09:00 GMT, if that's possible? ;)

It's going to be held in the evening(British timezone).
Britain is GMT right? And then Denmark/Germany is GMT+1? God I suck at time zones :D

Jawehawk
It's going to be held in the evening(British timezone).

Never mind, I'm out. Thanks, and I hope this is going to be a great race. ;)

I did'nt know that ABS is going to be prohibited :ouch:. I'm looking forward to this race.

Hi Andy, I would like to enter race please. PSN johnwells69 should be fun.

Sorry mates for misunderstanding. For night race I meant racing in night hours.... not tracks by night :dunce:

My range is 2 - 8 GMT

This, in case you decide for ABS=0.
I usually drive with ABS=1, but did a lot of laps with a Volvo C30 with ABS=0 for WRS.
I'll do some testing with the Lambo hoping my pedals suits the car well.
For ABS=0, I guess we can tweak the brake balancing too.

Good to hear you're joining John.

To Duck. When you say 2-8 GMT, do you mean you have to stop at 8? We can probably schedule it so that it stops around that time, just need to know.

We're hosting a small practice session tonight for those who wish to join. The room number is 1472-6118-4259-8656.

Cant get on tonight, but will any practice be taking place tomorrow evening?

Cant get on tonight, but will any practice be taking place tomorrow evening?

It can be arranged :)
We'll have more practice sessions up in the future. This is mostly just to get clear on rules and the like. We've decided to allow ABS, and are currently testing the tires.

Ok, will send some psn friend requests out later and look forward to some laps.

We're currently doing yet another testing session.

Room number is 1472-6118-3830-2748-2956
Feel free to join. If not by room number, then send me a friend request.

It was a good and fun test session, it's going to be a fun and challenging endurance i think. More people are welcome to join.

Indeed, the practice sessions we've had thus far have been great. I have to say I'm slightly baffled by the lack of people signing up for it though. Thought there was going to be more interest in an event like this. But hey, there's still plenty of time left to sign up.

Great car, great track, great settings, and great people 👍
It was one of the funniest things I made in GT5, and not only I have a hard time finding handy online events suitable with my job and timezone. Thank you for setting up this race.

I'm a bit sorry for the lack of communication in game, but I'm not very used to input text with the DS3 :P

Now it's all about Friday start time. Do you plan further practice sessions in this week?

Now it's all about Friday start time. Do you plan further practice sessions in this week?

Probably. The remaining practice sessions will be spread out over the next two weeks.

Great!, more people, more fun (and maybe more crashes.. :guilty:).

It's most likely i will be on line in the evening through the midweeks and in the weekends both in the afternoon and evening. Except next weekend since i will not be home then. Feel free to invite me and/or Jawehawk (right?) for a practise session anytime.

Feel free to invite me and/or Jawehawk (right?) for a practise session anytime.

Yep, I'm avalible pretty much every day. On work days, I should be avalible from 14.00 GMT+1.

We should also start talking about the time for the actual event. Is 19.00(British time) a good time to start? I don't mind starting earlier, so it really comes down to when people are done eating dinner and such. If anyone here has any suggestions on what time we should start, then feel free to post it in the thread.

My range is 14 - 20:30 GMT, better 15-20.

Race will be 2h-2h10 + qualifying + initial setup. So my dead end to start event is 17:30-17:45 GMT.
Maybe, if we can't arrange a start time, we can reduce laps :(

Also we can think about gaining some time:
- doing qualy day(s) before event,
- use first meters to align according to the qualifying grid before starting line.
- launch start after Source
- wait for Eau-Rouge huge 10 cars accident :D (not as in video, they are pro drivers)

Summer times are over in all europe, correct?

Back