Spa Endurance race 18/11 - Stock Lambos only

• Thread starter Jawehawk
  • 151 comments
I want in on this, but I'm busy that night. Keep posting these races and I'll catch 1 of them. GTP_Planet is really taking off now, with all these series & one-time events going on weekly, I love it!

My range is 14 - 20:30 GMT, better 15-20.

Race will be 2h-2h10 + qualifying + initial setup. So my dead end to start event is 17:30-17:45 GMT.
Maybe, if we can't arrange a start time, we can reduce laps :(

Also we can think about gaining some time:
- doing qualy day(s) before event,
- use first meters to align according to the qualifying grid before starting line.
- launch start after Source
- wait for Eau-Rouge huge 10 cars accident :D (not as in video, they are pro drivers)

Summer times are over in all europe, correct?

Yeah, summer time is gone. We're not going to be having qualifying rounds though. I just can't see a way to do proper qualifying, when the host is unable to decide where each driver starts.

Just to be sure. You know Italy is in the GMT+1 time zone right? So when you say your limit is 20.30 GMT, it's 21.30 in your country. I don't mind starting as early as 17.00 GMT, but I'd be surpised if this didn't intervene with dinner for our British and Irish mates?

I'm hoping we can get one practice session where everyone who have signed up can join. This way, we get to know each others driving style, which should result in a proer race start without any pile-ups.

i'm available from approximately 16:00 GMT (thats 17:00 local time) untill whenever it ends :).

About qualifying, i think we should use the fastest first setting and do half an hour free run. The laptimes established in free run also determines the starting grid, so the host don't need to worry about getting the starting grid right.

I think the lobby should be opened half an hour before qualifying. Before the qualifying starts the track must be refreshed to reset the laptimes that are driven in the time before quali. If it starts to rain during qualifying..... i hope you had a good run before it starts to rain.

i'm available from approximately 16:00 GMT (thats 17:00 local time) untill whenever it ends :).

About qualifying, i think we should use the fastest first setting and do half an hour free run. The laptimes established in free run also determines the starting grid, so the host don't need to worry about getting the starting grid right.

I think the lobby should be opened half an hour before qualifying. Before the qualifying starts the track must be refreshed to reset the laptimes that are driven in the time before quali. If it starts to rain during qualifying..... i hope you had a good run before it starts to rain.

Sounds like a good idea. But of course I need you to start at the back of the grid :D. Just to keep people in order back there, while I scout ahead hahaha.

Sounds like a good idea. But of course I need you to start at the back of the grid :D. Just to keep people in order back there, while I scout ahead hahaha.

If i start at last place its most unlikely that i get rear ended by someone who drives without ABS and cold tyres. :ouch: :)

If i start at last place its most unlikely that i get rear ended by someone who drives without ABS and cold tyres. :ouch: :)

I thought I was the only one driving without ABS? HEY! No fair, I couldn't see anything due to the clouds forming behind you guys!!! :D
That is if you're refering to what I think you are.

At any other given time my braking points is earlier than you ABS guys.

Haven't forgot about this, will definitely be practicing on Friday, and possibly tomorrow evening.

What model Lamborghini, has everyone plumped for?

Haven't forgot about this, will definitely be practicing on Friday, and possibly tomorrow evening.

What model Lamborghini, has everyone plumped for?

The majority seems to be going for the Super Veloce, due to it's slight superiority in speed. The Gallardo has also proved a worthy opponent in corners, and I'd say it's capable of winning. Though the SV is probably the best candidate.

Hey all.

I am keen but I need to know what time it will start? I see a lot of GMT times but I gotta work out exactly when I am needed so I can convert to Aus time... I am +10.30GMT so if someone can confirm practice & race times? Assuming there is a spot available?

Cheers :)

Hey all.

I am keen but I need to know what time it will start? I see a lot of GMT times but I gotta work out exactly when I am needed so I can convert to Aus time... I am +10.30GMT so if someone can confirm practice & race times? Assuming there is a spot available?

Cheers :)

So far I think we're going to start the event somewhere between 17.00-18.00 GMT, so it's a bit late for Australia. The practice sessions during weekends have so far been taking place both in the day and evening, so that shouldn't be a problem.

So far I think we're going to start the event somewhere between 17.00-18.00 GMT, so it's a bit late for Australia. The practice sessions during weekends have so far been taking place both in the day and evening, so that shouldn't be a problem.

If that's the likely time, I cant make it unfortunately.

Jawehawk

Cheers mate!

Could be possible; let me see what I can do. My main hurdle could be sleep driving and snoring into my mic, that would either be an infuriating or hilarious mobile chicane :lol:

Seriously though I will see how I go, will let you know soon.

Cheers!

If that's the likely time, I cant make it unfortunately.

Well, the time hasn't been confirmed yet, so if you have any suggestions for the time of the event, please bring them.

Cheers mate!
Could be possible; let me see what I can do. My main hurdle could be sleep driving and snoring into my mic, that would either be an infuriating or hilarious mobile chicane :lol:
Cheers!

Just a quick note. Please don't use mics during the actual race. It's distracting, and in a race this long, that's not a good thing. Mics are fine during practice sessions, as well as in the lobby. Other than that, I hope you'll figure something out. Our practice sessions so far have been pretty great.

Well, then it's back to you Duck. Starting at 18.30 GMT(19.30 GMT+1), should mean that the event would end at around 22.00 GMT+1. It's a friday evening, so unless you have a weekend job, that shouldn't be a problem? I do think it's kinda unfair to start earlier, as they can't necessarily have their dinner earlier due to jobs/family or what not. I really hope you can make it, as I've seen your driving first hand, and know that you're a great opponent.

I'm cool with starting at 18:30 GMT, i can have a decent dinner before starting this race.

Hi guys.

Im Portuguese and would like to take part on this event, my time is same as UK.:)

I consider myself a fairly good racer, 15th on Academy Portugal 2010.

My PSN is ACL_13

On a final note I do not have (still) DLC so I will need to practice on SPA:nervous:

And yes Iam on the process of changing from DS3 to DFGT, great stuff here.

I've never done an endurance and quite fancy seeing how my well-beyond-sell-by-date brain copes.

My psn is Zolon32.

Will you be having a gathering this Saturday for me to get together with you? I'm away Sunday and into next week.

No clue which car to use yet, but I'm sure it'll start with an L.

Cheers, Z.

The lobby will open at around 18.00 GMT, and the qualifying/race will start at 18.30 GMT. If you wish to join via lounge, then add me on PSN. If not, then I'll make sure to post the room number in the thread.

Other important things. You're not allowed to switch to racing intermediates/rain until the surface water reaches 20%. After that, you're free to decide for yourself. When the surface water drops below 20%, everyone has to switch back to the sports medium/hard tires.
Each driver is in charge of his own fuel, so you don't need to fill it 100% every time.

Of course rage quitting or anything like that ins't allowed, and will get you reported. Blocking on the last lap, just because you think it's unfair that someone is over taking you on the last turn is strictly prohibited. This of course applies to the whole race.

Given that sports tyres have a tread, do we need racing tyres at all? I was racing at Suzuka in torrential conditions recently on sports hards in fast motors, and it just added to the fun.

Cheers, Z.

Given that sports tyres have a tread, do we need racing tyres at all? I was racing at Suzuka in torrential conditions recently on sports hards in fast motors, and it just added to the fun.

Cheers, Z.

We ran a fairly comprehensive test on Spa with the Lambo SV on Sports medium, and when water surface hit 50-60 procent, it was pretty much un-driveable. There was very little grip to be found, and when it reaches 100% you won't have any grip what so ever. So we're sticking to the intermediates/rain tires :D.

Well, then it's back to you Duck. Starting at 18.30 GMT(19.30 GMT+1), should mean that the event would end at around 22.00 GMT+1. It's a friday evening, so unless you have a weekend job, that shouldn't be a problem? I do think it's kinda unfair to start earlier, as they can't necessarily have their dinner earlier due to jobs/family or what not. I really hope you can make it, as I've seen your driving first hand, and know that you're a great opponent.
I usually have lunch late, due to my/wife job and it seems that italians have dinner very late for european standards (around 20-21 local time). I was planning having dinner after the race, but 22-22.15 GMT+1 it's too late. If you agree the idea, I'd like to join more practice sessions and the main event for almost half race, then... La Source has a very large parking zone ;)

Don't worry. Half race, almost 90% of the fun, with such good mates 👍

Back