Spa Endurance race 18/11 - Stock Lambos only

• Thread starter Jawehawk
  • 151 comments
Was a good practice session tonight, my fist 2 races I kept spinning, oversteering and out braking myself, had most of it in control by the end off the night, just a pity my last race was doomed from the get set.

Jamie, I'd prefer it if you could return to your original mindset, you made it look a bit too easy for my liking once you'd got dialled in. :)

Cheers, Z.

Hi, yesterday it went really bad for me.....?? Could not control the LAMBO mostly due to my little knowledge of SPA and also using sports when it was very wet.

Iam sorry for the both that I hit while spinning!

Tonight again,,,,

andy, thats great :)

i didnt know you could do that, its been a wile since i looked into the restrictions.

Andy, what will be the settings for starting weather, surface water and weather changeability for the two hour job?

Cheers, Z.

Jamie, I'd prefer it if you could return to your original mindset, you made it look a bit too easy for my liking once you'd got dialled in. :)

Cheers, Z.
Easy? In no way what so ever was it easy driving that beast in those conditions :lol:

Hi, yesterday it went really bad for me.....?? Could not control the LAMBO mostly due to my little knowledge of SPA and also using sports when it was very wet.

Iam sorry for the both that I hit while spinning!

Tonight again,,,,
You weren't spinning when you hit me? You were doing about 90mph down the back straight, you were to the left of the track when I came to lap you, then as I was driving past on the right side, you turned and dived in front of me damaging my car.

Andy, what will be the settings for starting weather, surface water and weather changeability for the two hour job?

Cheers, Z.

The starting weather will be 100% dry, with weather changeability set to 10.
I'm not risking a mass crash with 10-12 drivers at the start of the race :D

You weren't spinning when you hit me? You were doing about 90mph down the back straight, you were to the left of the track when I came to lap you, then as I was driving past on the right side, you turned and dived in front of me damaging my car.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for that!:guilty: I had the car seriously damaged and I did not see you in time.. to avoid contact.
When i saw you i tried to go right to avoid crash but you were there.....

I think i have to skip this one :(. Very little improvement so far, i'm going to see a doctor tomorrow (that if i can arrange an appointment). It also looks like my bandwith stealing roommate has returned, the connection is pretty fk'ed up at the moment. Good luck tomorrow and i'm curious to see who's going to win this race.

Really sad to hear Mattie. You're welcome to spectate the race if you like.

Our last practice session is now open. Room number is 1472-6399-9009-5380-9096.

Our last practice session just ended, and we're now ready for the race tommorow. As of now, it looks like we're going to be a total of 10 people attending the race, with 1 person having to retire aprox halfway through(though he won't actually leave the race).

I'll open the lobby at 18.00GMT tommorow, and qualifying begins at 18.30GMT. Please don't be late. I'd prefere if people added me to their friend list, so I can make the lobby private. That way we can make sure that no random people comes in and trash everything.

Looking forward to the race.

yesterday was fun!👍

Although I keep fighting with the track, which is new for me, i got yesterday times 2.35... however my level of concentration was hugely influenced by my kids which at that time are still up.

I will do my best tonight but it will be a difficult one.

Hope that you organize such events often, each 2 weeks, please keep the rules as thay are:tup:

I've some questions:
- Raidillon corner cutting: what about it?
- it starts raining and track wetness raise to 22%. I pit for intermediates. After exiting it stops raining...... I guess I have to pit again for SM/SH....
- oil change: allowed?
- in game setup controls: fair?

I'm happy so many people joined, but very afraid Mattie only can watch. I wish your back get healed soon. If you are able to, join us for qualifying or free practicing.

I've some questions:
- Raidillon corner cutting: what about it?
- it starts raining and track wetness raise to 22%. I pit for intermediates. After exiting it stops raining...... I guess I have to pit again for SM/SH....
- oil change: allowed?
- in game setup controls: fair?

I'm happy so many people joined, but very afraid Mattie only can watch. I wish your back get healed soon. If you are able to, join us for qualifying or free practicing.

You of course aren't allowed to cut any corners. If you go off track at some of the high speed turns, like the Raidillon for example, then you slow down and re-enter the track. Make sure to wait for other drivers to pass, before re-entering. You're right about changing tires. Oil change is the only thing allowed in terms of car performance. Changing brake bias is prohibited.

Not sure what you mean about setip controls?

Last edited:
You of course aren't allowed to cut any corners. If you go off track at some of the high speed turns, like the Raidillon for example, then you slow down and re-enter the track.
Not sure what you mean about setip controls?
I was doing some practice today, just because I never touched the Lambo and Spa since last online. In practice your laps are red flagged if you take too much of the kerb at Raidillon. Off track at Spa means you must be aware you cutted too much and have to slow down.
Yes, you are right about setup. I was thinking about BB.
Well, one hour to go, dudes

AND THE ROOM IS UP!!! Aparently you can't create a private room, so friend invite isn't necessary(though still allowed).

Room number is 1472-6118-4130-9219-2949.

Again, qualifying starts at 18.30GMT. DON'T be late.

How qualifying will work: In the 30 minutes leading up to qualifying, it's important that you do not set any lap time for yourself. You're allowed to practice, but that's it. When qualifying begins, it will be on a 2 lap basis. I'll send off the first driver to do 2 laps(the 2nd being the important one). A minute after sending the first one driver out, I'll send out a 2nd driver, and so on. Once you've completed 2 laps, you withdraw back to the lobby.

Last edited:
To create a private room you have to go to community, select you name then go to your lounge, that way only your friends can join and stops randomers coming in and spoiling things. It should be fine though.

First of all, thanks for setting it up.

Secondly, a bit more clarity in how things are going to run, wouldnt be a bad thing. If your going to do qualifying like that, how about mention it, not spring it on us last minute. Having a couple of flying laps then twiddling your thumbs for 10 minutes, isnt the most exciting of things.

Race etiqutte -

Seeing this is a race organised through GTPlanet, have a read of GTplane online rules.
First off , if you go off track, do not rejoin into the path of another car, that is stupid. If you go off track DO NOT just rejoin, wait.

14: Recovering from an incident:

A:
It is the responsibility of the driver recovering from any incident to take all necessary care to not interfere with any cars still on the track and not part of the incident. A relevant incident may include, but not limited to -
Being spun out
Facing the wrong way,
Perpendicular to the track
Going abnormally slow for where you are on the track.
Getting penalized for any amount of time by the penalty system

15: Re-entering to the track after running off:

A:
It is the responsibility of the car returning to the track to ensure there are no collisions so that no other drivers have to maneuver or brake suddenly to allow you to resume racing. If there's a chance of a collision, wait and be patient as other drivers have the right of way.

B:
An off track incident includes:
Being stuck or pinned to a wall or railing.
More than two tires leaving the track at any one time
Any situation where the car may lose control and create cross traffic

C:
Do not reverse back onto the track unless it is necessary. If you are backing up away from a wall first look around you to avoid a collision and as the collision would be your fault.

D:
Re-enter the track parallel to the road, slowly and gently, and always with great care. This gives you the best opportunity to see what’s coming up the track behind you, and it also gives drivers coming up on you the best chance to orientate themselves to your situation.

Also ramming a car infront when you brake too late for a corner is again stupid. Poor driving and a lack of consideration for others.

06: Running into the car ahead of you:

A:
The behind driver must take all necessary care and responsibility not to run into an ahead driver.

B:
In case you brake too late for a corner or partially lose control of your car, but can prevent an accident by steering into the dirt, grass or a wall, you are expected to do so.

The decent thing would have been to follow me back to the pits.

All in all, a poor showing from some people. You are racing against other people, not the computer , show some respect.

Last edited:
Well, I only had half race, as posted days ago, due to scheduled start time.

I was rammed twice in one lap. The car was damaged twice and someone overtook me. He went off track twice and rejoined ahead of me. On Kemmel brake area, the car had a strange behaviour. My mistake not judging properly how the car was damaged. The car spinned in Malmedy off track area, and only was in control very perpendicular to track. Only thing I can do was steering for steering parallel to track while braking. The speed was to high and rejoined track on the kerb of Malmedy, off line as I can remember. I'm very sorry for being rammed by someone, dhandes I guess. My fault the bad braking, and could do very little to stop the car between the two corners. Only thing I could do was slowly going back to pit, let passing all contenders. After pit, I rejoined track in last position.

I apologyze for my mistake.

Now the bad side.
Rammed twice, twice opponent rejoined track without letting me pass.
Chat spamming in the middle of the race.
Only 5 runners before mid race.
People asking for rules during qualify.
People ignoring room head orders.

If you waited until it was clear, there wouldnt have been a problem with me. Just rejoining the track, without checking if its clear, will always cause problems.

It's a long race people, 45 laps or so, just drive your own race, be careful, and you will have fun. Drive without respect and in ruins yours and other peoples race.

tbh mate, your driving sucked, you were braking WELL early for corners you should not of been..

i hit you as you braked too early for the bus stop (or what was) had to pit for damages and still i caught you back up, i managed to overtake ACL or whatever his name was and you was in front, i thought naa... this aint going to end well, i let ACL infront and low n behind you broke well early again and he punted you off.. which is when you started ranting and raving.

ACL might not be his exact u/n but it was something like that.

tbh mate, your driving sucked, you were braking WELL early for corners you should not of been..

i hit you as you braked too early for the bus stop (or what was) had to pit for damages and still i caught you back up, i managed to overtake ACL or whatever his name was and you was in front, i thought naa... this aint going to end well, i let ACL infront and low n behind you broke well early again and he punted you off.. which is when you started ranting and raving.

ACL might not be his exact u/n but it was something like that.

It was getting wet, I had damage from the altercation with papero. I wasn't braking early, just sensibly. If people cant wait for a safe place to overtake, that is their fault, not mine.

To say the least, rage quitters makes me down right furious. So if you expect me to take any pitty on you dhandes, you're out of luck. I'm going to watch the race replay to see exactly what happened. But no matter what did happen, you're still at fault for rage quitting. I've stated multiple times that I do not tolerate rage qutting, and that I expect commitment from everyone wanting to participate.

We had 11 people signed up for the race(excluding MattieM as he could not join us due to back problems). And we ended the race with just 5 people. One guy didn't bother showing up, Another had already notified me that he was only going to be there for half the race. And then 3 rage quitters. 3 rage quitters in an organized event is downright ridicules. All 3 of you are most likely going to get reported, and you can be damn sure that none of you, are allowed in my events anymore.

About qualifying, I really don't get hte problem. It lasted 20 minutes, and that's not a whole lot. I definately agree with you that I should have informed people about how it was going to happen earlier, and that's my bad. That said, the only reason we even had qualifying was because other people wanted it. I had no interest in having it.

no really mate, you was braking well early.

if you was damaged you shouldnt of been trying to hold your position you should of pulled over and let us past.

It was getting wet, I had damage from the altercation with papero. I wasn't braking early, just sensibly. If people cant wait for a safe place to overtake, that is their fault, not mine.

Sorry but,

You are conplaining about me, I should be the one doing that, because you have break much before the corner and that is not OK. You ruined my race.

Remember that I was overtaking another car and you got in front full brakes and with a damaged car!!!

However Iam good enough to understand those things, you apparently dont! Lets move on

To say the least, rage quitters makes me down right furious. So if you expect me to take any pitty on you dhandes, you're out of luck. I'm going to watch the race replay to see exactly what happened. But no matter what did happen, you're still at fault for rage quitting. I've stated multiple times that I do not tolerate rage qutting, and that I expect commitment from everyone wanting to participate.

We had 11 people signed up for the race(excluding MattieM as he could not join us due to back problems). And we ended the race with just 5 people. One guy didn't bother showing up, Another had already notified me that he was only going to be there for half the race. And then 3 rage quitters. 3 rage quitters in an organized event is downright ridicules. All 3 of you are most likely going to get reported, and you can be damn sure that none of you, are allowed in my events anymore.

About qualifying, I really don't get hte problem. It lasted 20 minutes, and that's not a whole lot. I definately agree with you that I should have informed people about how it was going to happen earlier, and that's my bad. That said, the only reason we even had qualifying was because other people wanted it. I had no interest in having it.

Sorry mate, i quite not because rage, but my car was damaged and somebody tried to hit me on porpuose (waiting at a corner), that was enough, please check reply

And then conplaint about the others........ please.... and on a final note I was trying to chat with the conplainer and unfutunately I hit the wrong button on the DFGT, I never quite a race I was very pleased to go on Spa as I have no DLC

Last edited:
All 3 of you are most likely going to get reported, and you can be damn sure that none of you, are allowed in my events anymore.

Looking forward to that.

No really mate, you were braking well early.

If you were damaged you shouldn't have been trying to hold your position, you should have pulled over and let us pass.

It's upto you to pass me, not for me to jump out the way. Racing normally involves, waiting for the right time to pass, not just expecting other people to jump out the way. I still had track position, my car had reasonable pace and I was planning on continuing my stint until the next pit.
I'm pretty sure you would have had different tyres to what I was running, so you need to take that into account, I would need to brake earlier, having full wets fitted.

Sorry but,

You are conplaining about me, I should be the one doing that, because you have break much before the corner and that is not OK. You ruined my race.

Remember that I was overtaking another car and you got in front full brakes and with a damaged car!!!

However Iam good enough to understand those things, you apparently dont! Lets move on

I understand these things happen, I was looking forward to this race, it would appear it just wasn't meant to be!

You normally do have to brake for a corner, especially in the wet, there was no way you were going to stop, you overtook chrisr, carried too much speed and cleaned me out. You need to accept the majority of responsibility.

All in all, the first lap was good, then it all went wrong!

Who won by the way!:)

Sorry mate, i quite not because rage, but my car was damaged and somebody tried to hit me on porpuose (waiting at a corner), that was enough, please check reply

That would have been my car, I can admit that, sorry. I pulled off the track, pressed the start button to write my message, and the car set off by itself. But to say I done it on purpose, is incorrect.

Currently watching the part where Duck pulls out in front of you. yes, he pulled out when he wasn't supposed to. MISTAKES HAPPEN! From what I can see, he was trying to bring the car to a halt, when the curb altered the movement of the car. Shortly thereafter, he continued by driving in the lane that would allow others to pass. BTW, if you had kept an eye out on what was happening in front of you, you wouldn't have hit Duck. Yes, he made a mistake pulling out way too early, but that mistake could have easily been avoided by yourself.

You continued to drive with some serious dmg, which isn't excatly the safest way to drive aye? Certainly put Chris at risk a couple of times. While it's true that the guy in front has the right to the racing line. When you're driving with that kind of dmg, you aren't doing anything but blocking the people behind you.
You're supposed to pit when damaged, so you don't pose a threat to other drivers.

And the race was 45 laps long! One crash is not necessarily going to cost you everything.

Well, I thought that it was alright.

Having said that, if I'd wanted that much rain I'd have booked a weekend in Manchester, but that's no one's fault, just a characteristic of the game. However, I will think twice before going for such a long race with the potential of 90% of it on a totally saturated track in future.

Thanks Andy.

Cheers, Z.

Looking forward to that.

It's upto you to pass me, not for me to jump out the way. Racing normally involves, waiting for the right time to pass, not just expecting other people to jump out the way. I still had track position, my car had reasonable pace and I was planning on continuing my stint until the next pit.
I'm pretty sure you would have had different tyres to what I was running, so you need to take that into account, I would need to brake earlier, having full wets fitted.

I understand these things happen, I was looking forward to this race, it would appear it just wasn't meant to be!

You normally do have to brake for a corner, especially in the wet, there was no way you were going to stop, you overtook chrisr, carried too much speed and cleaned me out. You need to accept the majority of responsibility.

All in all, the first lap was good, then it all went wrong!

Who won by the way!:)

That would have been my car, I can admit that, sorry. I pulled off the track, pressed the start button to write my message, and the car set off by itself. But to say I done it on purpose, is incorrect.

Yes and you know on which porpuse you timed your entrance back.

So you state you had a good pace, and then you had to brake early due to damege? Sorry no capito!!!

I saw you from far behind and you were witing for me , just admit it man!

By the way I could do that corner half throttle 3rd gear, but I was 2nd gear and you hit the brakes

Last edited:
Back