Le Sarthe endurance race dec. 2 - 20.000.000 classics only

• Thread starter Jawehawk
  • 65 comments
Thats fine I think its fair. Sorry couldn't get on before was busy with sunday lunch. Will go online myself shortly. If you want to join come in to my lobby.

Edit:
Are we doing any practice tonight?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry about the small amount of practice sessions this time around. I have little free time atm, and when I do have time, I'm usually pretty tired.

On another note. I've decreased the number of laps to 20. Why? Simply because we don't have enough participants to make for an exciting 35 lap race. I hope this is alright with the people who ahve signed up thus far. I'm thinking about opening up the lobby 30 minutes ealier on friday, so we can get some more practice done by then.

Don't worry about it its fine, I have been doing some by myself. I can send some invertations out if you want?

Don't worry about it its fine, I have been doing some by myself. I can send some invertations out if you want?

That would be great. But please be sure that the ones you invite are clean drivers. :)

Thats ok with me Andy, especially when it starts to rain you can expect to add 10-15 seconds per lap on top of the dry time.

I mean if its all the same id prefer to run without weather and just use the day/night cycle.

I think it would offer a better race imo, we had rain at Spa, now day/night at Sarthe then possibly rain & day/night at nurburg?

I also am unsure how well these cars are handling in the rain, they seem very very skittish on the rain tyres.

Looks like I might be up for this but I need to check times first, by my calcs it will be 5am here so let me suss out whether I can do it.

Are there any more practice runs scheduled?

if you want to i can set up practise servers today/tomorrow for you. (any anyone else) (9:46am here atm)

Sign me up 👍

Long time since i have driving the old cars, so should be great to put some miles on one of them.

GTP: AnTiheLT / PSN williebaby28

The 2009 Layout is that with or without the chicanes ?

Looks like I might be up for this but I need to check times first, by my calcs it will be 5am here so let me suss out whether I can do it.

Are there any more practice runs scheduled?

Last edited:
Jawehawk
You can pull that idea right out of your head. You signed up for our last event, and never showed up. On top of that you ignored my PM's about the event. In other words, You're not allowed in any of my future events.

I did?

Dude, as far as I know any events I've signed up for I've turned up to.

If I missed your event I humbly apologise. I run a group and have little time for non attendees, which does happen of course, and non replying of PM's is even worse in my book so if I've not done that I'm truly mortified.

I pride myself on replying to PMs and not screwing people around & that goes for real life too where I deal with nearly 300 emails a day not to mention running CRAP.

I will go through my history & see what happened but you have my sincere apologies in advance if I have done a no-show and ignored your PM; in short that's just not my style.

Your post and dressing down accepted.

EDIT: Just went through 5 pages of PM's and could not see any from you mate, can you confirm what date you sent it please?

Found the posts from the Spa Enduro too:

Heathenpride
Hey all.

I am keen but I need to know what time it will start? I see a lot of GMT times but I gotta work out exactly when I am needed so I can convert to Aus time... I am +10.30GMT so if someone can confirm practice & race times? Assuming there is a spot available?

Your reply:

Jawehawk
So far I think we're going to start the event somewhere between 17.00-18.00 GMT, so it's a bit late for Australia. The practice sessions during weekends have so far been taking place both in the day and evening, so that shouldn't be a problem.

My final reply:

Heathenpride
Cheers mate!

Could be possible; let me see what I can do. My main hurdle could be sleep driving and snoring into my mic, that would either be an infuriating or hilarious mobile chicane

Seriously though I will see how I go, will let you know soon.

I do acknowledge that I did not end up letting you know whether I would be in or not but in my defense I was never a certain starter. Nevertheless I do apologise for not confirming either attendance or non attendance, that is something i normally would not do and i acknowledge that I should have.

And as I said mate I have gone through all my PM's, which I keep, and cannot see one from you?

Last edited:
I do acknowledge that I did not end up letting you know whether I would be in or not but in my defense I was never a certain starter. Nevertheless I do apologise for not confirming either attendance or non attendance, that is something i normally would not do and i acknowledge that I should have.

And as I said mate I have gone through all my PM's, which I keep, and cannot see one from you?

Well this is just embarresing on my part. :nervous:
Aparently I never sent a PM to you before the race. I'm guissing the reason was that I had exclude you from the otherwise mandatory practice sessions, due to the time zone differences. This resulted in no reminder being sent to you.

I apologize if I seem strict, but notifying me on wether or not your attending is very important to me. I'll hold you to your work, about not being a no show. If you wanna join mu events, you're welcome. Sorry for the confusion and perhaps the fairly aggresive comment by me.

Remember people. I'm opening up the lobby at 18.00 GMT. Then we have 1.5 hours of practice/qyalifying before race start. The room will be privat, so you have to send me a friend invite to join. Hopefully we'll see everyone there tonight.

Jawehawk
Well this is just embarresing on my part. :nervous:
Aparently I never sent a PM to you before the race. I'm guissing the reason was that I had exclude you from the otherwise mandatory practice sessions, due to the time zone differences. This resulted in no reminder being sent to you.

I apologize if I seem strict, but notifying me on wether or not your attending is very important to me. I'll hold you to your work, about not being a no show. If you wanna join mu events, you're welcome. Sorry for the confusion and perhaps the fairly aggresive comment by me.

It's all good mate, stuff like this happens and I wont be a tosser about it 👍

And don't sweat the strictness, it's required when organising an enduro so no problem from my end.

Exact timing would be great as I know it's imminent!

It's 2:32am here right now and I need to know in exactly how many hours it starts, is it 2.5 hours?

It's all good mate, stuff like this happens and I wont be a tosser about it 👍

And don't sweat the strictness, it's required when organising an enduro so no problem from my end.

Exact timing would be great as I know it's imminent!

It's 2:32am here right now and I need to know in exactly how many hours it starts, is it 2.5 hours?

The lobby opens in 2 hours. The race begins in 3.5 hours. The reason for the early opening is that I haven't had a whole lot of practice sessions open this time, due to work.

And one more thing. I've decided that Chris has a point about these cars being somewhat crap in the rain. So we'll have none of that this time around.

Jawehawk
The lobby opens in 2 hours. The race begins in 3.5 hours. The reason for the early opening is that I haven't had a whole lot of practice sessions open this time, due to work.

Sounds good mate I'll send an FR now.

I'm running on 3 hours sleep after 48 hours but I'll give this event my all mate do put me down.

So only cr20,000.00. Does that exclude XJ13 Chrome?

Sounds good mate I'll send an FR now.

I'm running on 3 hours sleep after 48 hours but I'll give this event my all mate do put me down.

So only cr20,000.00. Does that exclude XJ13 Chrome?

I'd prefere if people refrained from using it. However, if it's all you have, then it's ok. It's just a little out of place :).

Jawehawk
I'd prefere if people refrained from using it. However, if it's all you have, then it's ok. It's just a little out of place :).

It's ok, I have the Jag, Ferrari & Ford so is no problem; I was just curious!

Race results are as follows.

1st place - AnTiheLT/williebaby28
2nd place - Jawehawk/Andy-Macnab
3rd place - Johnwells/Johnwells
4th place - Heathenpride/Heathenpride

The race was good, and had a surprisingly well timed day/night cycle, with fireworks starting on the 2nd last lap. My thanks to those who participated.

Last edited:
Race results are as follows.

1st place - AnTiheLT/williebaby28
2nd place - Jawehawk/Andy-Macnab
3rd place - Johnwells/Johnwells
4th place - Heathenpride/Heathenpride

The race was good, and had a surprisingly well timed day/night cycle, with fireworks starting on the 2nd last lap. My thanks to those who participated.

Well timed day/night shift i must say 👍

This race with those cars should really be an Racing Series, i would love to participate in that, if someone ever created one.

About the race yesterday, it was pretty close the first many laps, until i crashed :( But after my 1st pitstop, i got in the lead again, and put some quick laps in, think it was 3:57:3** so i got some distance to Andy.

After that the gap was pretty steady around 16-17 sec, but then i think you crashed and needed an pitstop to deal with an damage to the car right ?
Cause the gap was then 30sec and soon 58sec.

After my 2nd pitstop i only refull 23L and that was close to be to little, i think if the race was 21 laps i would have gone around the last lap with 80km/h :scared:

Latest Posts

Back