Special Stage 11 in Gran turismo 6?

• Thread starter luffe98
  • 120 comments
tumblr_mmusxvkp981s9q3pyo1_250.png

So i watched the GT6 trailer and i noticed something familiar at 0:32

Is that Special Stage route 11?

i1coF7SJxoufD8E.jpg

I don't think this screenshot is SSR11, looks more like SSR5. But you never know.

It doesn't share any track portion with those tracks, plus it's on a completely different environment, although similarly looking, so it counts as a different track.

Don't forget SSR7. They might have some fictional road connections between them but it would be impossible to find out how they can form one giant track that could make Nurburgring look like Autumn Ring Mini.

I've seen this image around the web for a while, you can take conclussions out of this, but remember, this might not be true
ssr16.png

Yes, I made that long time ago -- please disregard it, it's not going to happen for several reasons, especially with the GT5 version of SSR5.

My hat certainly hasn't fallen off with the announcement on the number new tracks. I'm really hoping that there aren't 10+ more tracks ready and finished (and that is what the hat statement was based on) and they're being held back for the DLC programme. That would be awful.

I'm afraid it's going to come to that. *sigh

The early part of that video was just about GT in general. It was in no way alluding to what will come in GT6 until the second half of the video. This was NOT a sneak peak at what tracks will be in GT6. I thought at least some of you were smart enough to see how obvious that was.

The early part of that video was just about GT in general. It was in no way alluding to what will come in GT6 until the second half of the video. This was NOT a sneak peak at what tracks will be in GT6. I thought at least some of you were smart enough to see how obvious that was.

Though it's not a statement of matter fact, the portion where SSR11 and other tracks show up in the video at 0:26 is followed by "3 Billion Online Races", "45 Billion Online Miles" assumes they are referring to new online races that occur in GT6, hopefully we will get a better confirmation by E3 or TGS.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that enjoyed the chicane... there was nothing more satisfying than threading the needle at full throttle.

EDIT: The GT1 version chicane would admittedly be utterly disastrous in GT6.
It would need runoff and curbs/pylons instead of solid barriers if they were to preserve the same layout. Which would be fine, the chicane was plenty fun and not just because it was semi-suicidal.

With SSR5 already in the game, this track wouldn't count as one of the new ones, would it? Its the same location. Which means we are basically getting 8 new tracks.

I was hoping for the same until I counted the number of locations that are currently in GT5...

In the PD press release they said:
33 locations (7 more than GT5).
All cars and tracks from GT5 will be carried over.

This implies that GT5 would have 26 locations...
Now this is only true if you DON'T count any of the GT5 DLC locations...

So something is strange about these counts and puts the "7 new tracks" in a new perspective. The GT5 DLC tracks might be counted in those 7, or some GT5 DLC tracks might not make it in GT6...

I don't thonk they would cut Spa or Motegi though.

Perhaps they simply forgot to add the DLC tracks to the track numbers they announced.

Given the not very scripted announcement, it's possible.

i really hope they fix the night racing. its way too dark

If anything it's not dark enough. I think you need to adjust your TV settings. Also check if you have any dynamic contrast options turned on. Just shut those off and calibrate it properly. You'll enjoy games, movies, everything a lot more with a properly configured TV

Just tweak the EV levels to +5.

No don't do that. That has some side effects. Don't change the exposure, especially during daytime driving. You're best off calibrating your TV properly. It's easy to find images, and some games to properly set up your contrast, brightness, color, and you also need to turn off color/contrast enhancements.

Last edited:
I've seen this image around the web for a while, you can take conclussions out of this, but remember, this might not be true
ssr16.png

I'm praying that a modder makes that track for Assetto Corsa.

If SSR11 is in GT6, I hope they don't ruin the lighting and general look of the course, as they did with SSR5.

On one end, SSR11 obviously needs massive graphical upgrades, as it last appeared in GT3. On the other end, I hope they don't completely change the atmosphere of the place. They did it with High Speed Ring, and while it looks nice, it barely feels like the same track anymore. The "classic" element is completely gone (for me at least).

The dark didn't get me, the lack of stars did. Just a character-less dark grey sky (At least in SSR5).
That's light pollution for you, occludes pretty much all stars.

Though it's not a statement of matter fact, the portion where SSR11 and other tracks show up in the video at 0:26 is followed by "3 Billion Online Races", "45 Billion Online Miles" assumes they are referring to new online races that occur in GT6, hopefully we will get a better confirmation by E3 or TGS.
I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion. GT5 was the first GT game to have an online, well, GT5:P too, so the figures relate to that as a cumulative total. There was an article a while ago that stated GT5 online had reached the same distance in two years as the Voyager probe had in ten.

Regarding the inclusion of SSR11 - I'd think the monthly DLC will start to address the backlog of getting the old GT tracks into GT6...so at some point, your hat will indeed fall off.

Last edited:
I was hoping for the same until I counted the number of locations that are currently in GT5...

In the PD press release they said:
33 locations (7 more than GT5).
All cars and tracks from GT5 will be carried over.

This implies that GT5 would have 26 locations...
Now this is only true if you DON'T count any of the GT5 DLC locations...

So something is strange about these counts and puts the "7 new tracks" in a new perspective. The GT5 DLC tracks might be counted in those 7, or some GT5 DLC tracks might not make it in GT6...

I don't thonk they would cut Spa or Motegi though.
I imagine they are comparing GT5 at launch to GT6 at launch, so it would probably be the former (DLC counted as "new" tracks).

My hat certainly did not fall off though, that's less tracks than Gt4. Lucas Ordonez' credibility is shot.

Last edited:
What they should do is make a day version or even a time change version of this and SSR5. It would be pretty interesting to drive the track during the daytime.

What they should do is make a day version or even a time change version of this and SSR5. It would be pretty interesting to drive the track during the daytime.

I've been thinking this for a while. It would be a totally different experience in the daytime.

What about a day/night cycle? Better option

Plus weather cycles! That would be great.

Although, I'm not too sure about a day race there. Something like that is more suited to the GT5 edition of SSR5. Maybe a night race at R246 with weather change, but that's another matter altogether.

That's light pollution for you, occludes pretty much all stars.

Duh, I can't believe I forgot about that factor. Still boring, maybe some airliners taking off and landing in the distance. Not that I need to be watching that stuff during a race, but still...something

The skybox at SSR5 in GT4 wasn't boring:

But the time of the day likely wasn't 21:00 in the winter, more like a cloudy 18:30 or something in Autumn.

The sky at SSR11 wasn't totally dark either:

Last edited:
The skybox at SSR5 in GT4 wasn't boring:

But the time of the day likely wasn't 21:00 in the winter, more like a cloudy 18:30 or something in Autumn.

The sky at SSR11 wasn't totally dark either:

Yes, I like that.👍 haven't played GT4 since Elementary School and Now I'm in my 2nd year of college - I've forgotten much about the game.

Little bit darker for me, but I like the clouds.

I imagine they are comparing GT5 at launch to GT6 at launch, so it would probably be the former (DLC counted as "new" tracks).

My hat certainly did not fall off though, that's less tracks than Gt4. Lucas Ordonez' credibility is shot.

We'll probably have to wait for all the DLC they have planned to release first.

We've already seen Seattle in the Acura NSX trailer, remember? I suppose PD is going to get old tracks back in GT6. No wonder if we see Apricot Hill or Midfield Raceway later.

They can't cut Spa, finally we have that track in the GT series

I have had a thought...

DLC is cross compatible with GT5 and GT6 meaning, the DLC courses are only in GT6 if you buy the DLC but, if you own it for GT5, it's unlocked.

Back