Speculation: Nissan Altima V8 Supercar in GT6?

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 47 comments

Will we finally see a new V8 Supercar(s) in GT6 before the next Gran Turismo?

• Yes

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • No(Next Gran Turismo)

Votes: 37 42.5%
  • Never

Votes: 34 39.1%

• Total voters
Australia
Australia
SpacedustDaddy
drF8bzd.jpg

NISAN MOTORORSPORT FB page asks: "Should we send one of our Nissan Altima V8 Supercars to Goodwood Festival of Speed?"

We have seen GT Academy drivers test the V8 Altima

Alex Buncombe tested and is confirmed to drive at this year's Bathurst 1000

II'm sure PD have all the data they need to make it happen. What say you on this matter?

With that much camber they'd need to sort out the camber/tyre-contact patch system before they could even think about V8 Supercars.

In the past Xbox has often sponsored V8 Supercars and we can see there are a few V8s in Forza series, so I do fear that there's an exclusivity deal.

It would be fantastic to have the Altima (as the most likely V8 we are going to get) in the game though!

Go play Forza Horizon, leave the racing games to us.
GT is a racing game? I thought it was a track day game. :lol: pCARS is where it's at.

More cars? Awesome, bring it on PD!

But if they do bring it is that it? What are we going to do with one car from a event series, race it against the 2000 Falcon?
This. So unless we get "modern" V8 Supercars, no, I don't want this, yet.

Similar to most other times people ask 'will (insert car name here) come to Gran Turismo?', the answer is, as usual, 'nobody here knows'.

I've been thinking the same thing-will an Altima V8 Supercar be put into the game? Not impossible after seeing all the international ties, whether PD will commit to it is another thing of course. The physics of each V8 Supercar are pretty much identical, so it would make the job easier for PD. They only need to do the interior and exterior to make each vehicle complete, nothing more

I don't like to have a speculation about something which is very unlikely (maybe), but I really love when Project Cars coming to my PS4. yeah, I can't stop thinking about it :banghead:

Does anybody else agree that this car is ugly for a V8 Supercar?

Yes. I never thought they looked that great on TV, however I just attended my first V8 Supercar event in Perth and I must say they look even uglier in person. Every other car looked great and the Nissan was a case of "one of these things is not like the other". It just didn't look like it fit in at all. I think it actually looked quite difficult to make a livery look good on the thing too, purely because of its shape.

The other 4 makes look great in my opinion.

Hey PD. How about you give us last years Bathurst winner before you give us yet another Nissan! Yes I'm a Ford fan, although I'd still be happy with a Volvo, Merc or god forbid a Commodore before the Altima. (I can't believe I just said I'd be happy to have a Commodore lol!)

V8 Supercar is a family saloon with V8? So with no view under the hood and current GT6 sounds it would be just a repainted ridiculously fast Altima with a wing? Same goes with all other V8 Supercar brands.. :rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong here - i would love to have them in GT6 if only they could have the sounds...

I do am kinda hoping that the game would get more V8 Supercars in a future update, cause Bathurst seems empty without those........

"I don't want to be forever alone" :(

-2000 Ford Falcon XR8

Of course I voted 'Yes'. My reasons being: GT Academy, NISSAN Global Driver Exchange program, V8SC new CEO changing the way he wants to broadcast V8s, NISMO 50th Anniversary, Bathurst 1000. I believe we'll see it in Base Model form. Then it'll port to the Next GT.

Of course I voted 'Yes'. My reasons being: GT Academy, NISSAN Global Driver Exchange program, V8SC new CEO changing the way he wants to broadcast V8s, NISMO 50th Anniversary, Bathurst 1000. I believe we'll see it in Base Model form. Then it'll port to the Next GT.

You could have said roughly the same about the other cars the GT Academy drivers have driven over the last few years, like the LMP2, but it's nowhere to be found. The Youtube GT3 just got added, long after it's initial debut. I wouldn't get your hopes up for any other GTA related cars in GT6.

Back