Speedster 3

• Thread starter Brioso
  • 27 comments
Does anybody have this wheel, speedster 3 (Oficcial steering wheel PS2) ?

speedster3_3.jpg

speedster3_6.jpg

speedster3_8.jpg

speedster3_cont_01.jpg

Seems like they've put a lot of effort into the amount of settings and assists etc. (Why?) but forgot force feedback...feedback adds realism, vibration shakes your wrists :boggled:

Well keep in mind that Sony licenses the Mad Catz controllers that we all know are complete crap. The console manufacturer makes their money on selling licenses for games and controllers, no matter the quality of the product. If they don't give a certain number of options to the consumer for peripheals then the console appears to be too limited in options and is less appealing to the general public. By adding in a few cheap options they get more console sales and thus more sales of games and peripheals.

It makes business sense. You just have to be more careful about what products you buy.

I'd rather keep my DFP, thank you :) Has a sequential shifter, paddles (could be larger, but oh well) and is USB, plus, it's Logitech, so you know it's quality :)

I had a Mad Catz controller. It was real nice at first, it was bigger and more comfortable to hold on to for a long time than the standard controller. Then out of the blue the left analog stick when centered pulls full to the left. I sighed knowing I couldn't return it anymore, and threw it away.

Anyway, point of the story is just becuase it says SCEA or SCEE does not mean it's quality. I would just go with the DFP. It would save you money in the long run, becuase you not have to two.

kinigitt
there's also the speedster 3 forceshock (one for PS2, and one developed for Forza on xbox), but the company is so tricky with words it's almost impossible to tell if it's real force feedback or not.

So confusing. :crazy:

fanatec brochure stating that forceshock is force feedback PLUS vibration. true or false?
yeah thats what a lot of of people on Forza Central was saying about the Xbox vesion of that silly wheel, which looks similiar to The PS2 version http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=230&lang=en

Here is a video the ugly Xbox ver at Ces.Click on the pic with the wheel

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/forzamotorsport/media.html

kinigitt
silliness or ugliness aside, I just want to know if the damn thing works like they say it does.
I have that wheel - it was only £33 here in the UK and it's excellent. It's not force feedback but for that price it wouldn't be. Gear paddles are nice, and there's lots of options you can change on it. For the price it's good. Very well built too and heavy.

Brioso
It must have quality, if it is licensed by SCEE 💡

lmao. you mean quality like the ps2 that breaks all the time and over 45 percent of all ps2 owners have to buy a new one within 3 years? yeah, "quality" that's what official by SCEE is............

I know what you mean "S31Ender" this is my 3rd PS2(The damn thing last about a year and a half)So say that SCEE is quality is crap(They are just around to milk people of their money)

Who expects "perfection" from something that is man made when man himself is flawed to begin with? LOL!

But in all honesty, my PS2 is almost two years old & still going strong!
<knocks on wood for good luck>

So, there will always be a few bad apples (PS2's) no matter what...and you just have to hope that the vendor (Sony) backs up their product with a good warranty so you can replace it...that is if it is still under warranty.

If it's not, then I can understand the pain & frustration.

1. SCEE are not quality, just rip-offs
2. the Speedster 3 wheel is a bag of complete and utter w*nk
3. the DFP is the BEST wheel for pc/ps2 out today, i can confirm that :)
4. Forza is also a bag of complete w*nk, i can also confirm that! not a touch on gt4

squeek
1. SCEE are not quality, just rip-offs
2. the Speedster 3 wheel is a bag of complete and utter w*nk
3. the DFP is the BEST wheel for pc/ps2 out today, i can confirm that :)
4. Forza is also a bag of complete w*nk, i can also confirm that! not a touch on gt4

thank you for sharing your profound wisdom. Or was it complete and utter w*nk?

If all you want is a cheap alternative, check out eBay. I picked up the older Logitech Driving Force wheel for about $30 (USD), including shipping. It's a factory-refurbished unit, which means someone returned it as defective, but they repaired and re-packaged it, and it works perfectly! There were a ton of them for sale from the same seller when I bought mine earlier this month.

Gamestop always seems to have refurbished everythings... you could always attempt finding one at the local Gamestop. If not eBay does have some great stuff and perhaps you should try saving up for a new real one!
PLEASE TRY OUR GREAT SPONSORS!!! LOL

Back