Still play it every day. Buttt..F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Rdp616
  • 14 comments

Rdp616

(Banned)
United States
SW, PA
Suzukiboi
Now that i've had my Fanatec wheel for awhile, im really starting to find this game abit too easy. Im playing on legend, Every single assist turned off. I even started a new career to have more of a challenge. But to no avail im still winning (some) races by 15-20 seconds in a Virgin Moblie car. I run races at about 20-30% length, considering if i did run a whole race i'd win by 1 minute +.

I've even purposely skipped qualifying to make it abit more difficult. Now im not saying i win every race. This car struggles at tracks with long straights, i.e i lack straight line speed.

In my opinion this is the most exciting racing game i've ever played, it's everything i thought it would be. Probably the only racing game where im still just as entertained on the last lap as i am on the 1st. I'm hopeing they work out a few of these bugs in F1 2011, oh and did i mention. It'll be here right in time for the end of the 2011 F1 season :banghead:

I know the feeling. I restarted, also in a Virgin Mobile car on legend difficulty (I do have ABS turned on though). The only time I'm not on the podium is when I get a random puncture. I even managed to pull out the win at Spa with the longest 100% throttle when other cars should of been blowing by me. They were putting some distance on me but in the corners they just aren't aggressive enough.

What kind of fanatec wheel do you have? I have the carrera wheel and I read that it doesn't really work that good in the menus. Have you had any problems with yours?

Now that i've had my Fanatec wheel for awhile, im really starting to find this game abit too easy. Im playing on legend, Every single assist turned off. I even started a new career to have more of a challenge. But to no avail im still winning (some) races by 15-20 seconds in a Virgin Moblie car. I run races at about 20-30% length, considering if i did run a whole race i'd win by 1 minute +.

I've even purposely skipped qualifying to make it abit more difficult. Now im not saying i win every race. This car struggles at tracks with long straights, i.e i lack straight line speed.

In my opinion this is the most exciting racing game i've ever played, it's everything i thought it would be. Probably the only racing game where im still just as entertained on the last lap as i am on the 1st. I'm hopeing they work out a few of these bugs in F1 2011, oh and did i mention. It'll be here right in time for the end of the 2011 F1 season :banghead:

I feel you. When I first picked up the game, I really really sucked and didn't know any of the tracks. Now I'm on my 2nd season with RBR (after doing 7 seasons already) Legend AI, no assists, and no body can even remotely keep up with me. It's definitely too easy, but still hella fun

I REALLY need PSN to come back to I can race online again, that is the sugar right there :)

I play with DS3, with no assists its impossible to counter the auto-spins.
Once you get the knack of it, all you need to do it immediately lift off the accelerator and tap the brake while countersteering into the spin.

9/10 times that will correct it if you get the hang.

I tried to get the trophy for winning with no assists on at Budapest and failed miserably lol. I qualified 8th but spun out a couple of times and finished 15th. I might try again for that trophy at Istanbul, that seems like an easy flowing track.

Off topic, but, why do Americans refer to Virgin as Virgin Mobile? They are much more than a mobile phone company....

Yeah, the AI is too easy, thats why you should race against human opponents instead. 👍

Off topic, but, why do Americans refer to Virgin as Virgin Mobile? They are much more than a mobile phone company....

Probably because Virgin Mobile was the introduction the U.S. had to the Corporation. Just a guess, but plausible.

Could have sworn Virgin had record stores over here before bringing over their mobile stuff. But maybe that's just my dodgy memory.

Once you get the knack of it, all you need to do it immediately lift off the accelerator and tap the brake while countersteering into the spin.

9/10 times that will correct it if you get the hang.

Wow, it does. Thanks man.

Anyone know why in Career mode, my Sauber is like 4-5 seconds slower than in Time Trial?
I know the car upgrades over the season but its still much slower by race 12. Does it take more than a year of upgrades? I imagine they reset every year?

Wow, it does. Thanks man.

Anyone know why in Career mode, my Sauber is like 4-5 seconds slower than in Time Trial?
I know the car upgrades over the season but its still much slower by race 12. Does it take more than a year of upgrades? I imagine they reset every year?

In TT you do run the car at min weight, perfect tire grip w/o degradation and max engine performance. Depending on the sim settings you are using in your Career mode that can definitely account for several seconds per lap of time difference.

yea, but the AI cars aren't slower.

That's one thing about this game, the AI difficulty is all over the place. Some tracks I can barely get 19th, others I win the race in a Sauber on Expert/Legend in career.

Yeah, the AI is too easy, thats why you should race against human opponents instead. 👍

This has always bugged me too.

Back