STOCK CLUB - just getting going

I agree with the suggestion about 'light' and not 'heavy' damage, at least for the introductory phases of the club.

Racing with Heavy damage is one of the main attractions, it's not something I would ever consider changing. However, it only works when racing with "competent" drivers, i.e. those who have the ability to race with it on & not damage other peoples cars. And remember, being competent is a basic requirement for Stock Club. I've raced in plenty of Heavy Damage rooms online & not damaged others, or experienced being damaged myself. "Use the brake some more, don't break others cars!" is a good motto to drive by.

To be fair. it's VBR's group and is how he wants to race.

However, I tend to prefer it with damage on light as with it on you get penalised badly even if it's someone else's fault. I realise it's more realistic but it is a game that is played for fun.

If you're only after elite drivers that don't make mistakes though fair enough.

I'm not after elite drivers who don't make mistakes, as there are none! I'm looking for competent drivers who by nature make very few mistakes.

Stock Club isn't about just having fun races, we can have them anytime we want in carefully selected open lobbies. It's also about enjoying as much realism as possible, which includes the highs & lows of motor racing. With competent drivers, the lows are always kept to a minimum, & we get to enjoy the added fear factor/adrenaline rush of racing with the knowledge that just one mistake could end our race. Any victories then become much more sweeter!

:D

Been working on the new main thread for 2 hours this morning, will post it up soon.

I think the fun of racing with heavy damage is just that you can have those moments when you get damage and have to limp back to the pits, even if it wasn't your fault. The highs and lows of racing is part of the racing experience and are multiplied by damage.

Only the other day I had a race with high damage where i got damage on the first lap (my own fault entirely) and was dead last but still ended up second in the end because others had their own mishaps and i kept racing. :)

Back