Stock Seasonal Time Trials #7 (XNR Ghia Roadster, Diablo GT2, Elise Race Car - 2/26 to 3/26)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 45 comments
Nice job guys, some very impressive times. I hope to try and gold the XNR and Diablo tomorrow.

Also thanks for the instructions on up/download of replays @Hastatus

My Diablo is the prize car so I will check the downforce next time I am on.

I haven't tried others yet but the Gold in the Lotus is incredibly forgiving. I was able to get it on my first lap. May be I knew Brands Hatch too well?

After 10 laps or so I got below 27s

It's all about keeping the momentum and using the weight transfer. That's what makes it fun.

My prize car Diablo GT2 is 50/100 downforce

Did you win it after the 1.04 patch update? My gut instinct is that the 30/50 values was due to patch 1.04 altering the characteristics of the MR cars. Maybe the entire downforce range was altered? It's just speculation on my part though, because I only drive MR cars when PD forces me to. ;)

Second go in my New Diablo. Previously I had run 10.8 miles but on my return the car had reset to 0.0 miles!

I had a go today... and the mile-o-meter was still at 0.0 miles, grr, but also the TCS and ABS were on. (Maybe I did run headlong into a Bulldozer in that tunnel after all...)

Turned off all that unmanly stuff off. - 564pp/630bhp/64torques/1530kg at 50/100 aero. (As you all know the car has a hard suspension set up with very cambered wheels and such.)

I had managed to look at and watch Nowcontrol's replay lap - Not as smooth as I expected - lots of bouncing the throttle on the mid corner/exit - but the lines were very clean and neat - no lock ups and only 400km on the clock.

I hit the track - and in 5 laps I had my best lap a ... 1m08.327 - (21.0/21.4/25.8)
I did several more laps which were littered with mistakes and slides and lock ups and other fun things!

Crash points - "Table Top" the tough cresting left into a double right shortcut that bypasses the full tracks second hairpin - I tended to go I a bit hard and drift wide on the exit of the first right, into the concrete wall on the outside - classy!

My other crash was into the Tunnel (The Bulldozer right?) a large portion of power oversteer - but that was fun as it left a huge smile making skid mark that made me chuckle every lap after (Ha ha! I wonder which bozo did that... oh it was I, the greatest driver in the world!)

Need to look at Nowcontrols replay properly to get the most from my Diablo, as looning it about like a Sauber isn't going to cut it anymore!

Lots of drops to 2nd gear, I am sure the first corner was lift/coast/half brakes - then full brakes while dropping down to 2nd coast for much of the mid corner turning stuff then blip the throttle through the corner's exit and get it up to 3rd and give it the beans.

I gained 1.4 seconds from just watching NC's replay - so I am sure if I pay attention I can find that final 0.327 of a second!

good luck and good driving!

Did a 1:25.057 with the Lotus (BCJS37016-RPLY020.zip - to be unzipped to the PS3\SAVEDATA folder on memory disk)

and a 1:29.464 with the Ghia (BCJS37016-RPLY018.zip)

Anybody still driving the standard cars?

Attachments

• BCJS37016-RPLY020.zip
    274.8 KB · Views: 15
  • BCJS37016-RPLY018.zip
    279.4 KB · Views: 9
I managed the scrape the gold with the Ghia and the Diablo. I have to say it should be a crime to allow race spec cars to have tyres with the properties of a banana peel...

Complete stock, no assists

This one with assists both on 1

Still bone stock on the Diablo - I had half of a lap go with ABS=1 and I felt dirty and all the fun was gone. (Hey gold is gold. And hats off for not using the filthy SRF.)

Any Top driving tips for a driver who wants to get Gold and also enjoy a few laps of fun - fun - fun from my locking up/lighting ups and my incar 'Disco-light' tyre temperature sensors strobe away (Blue > orange > red > RED > orange > blue.)

Cadence braking and throttle are in my bag of driving talent... but at the moment I am suffering from over eager driving, working the tyres far too hard at the start of a corner and suffering through and out of it, with tyres that are all hot and greasy.

I'm on a quest to complete the game with only stock cars. (And preferably with stock prize cars)
So far I've been able to complete all seasonal time trials with 99,9% stock cars..
No oil change , no other aids than abs 1 and I've lowered the front brake bias on a few cars.
(not for seasonal events , but career races and left them like it)

For the 86 GT Time Trial I used the 15th Anniv. 86 GT.
Diablo GT2 I bought from dealership , because I haven't won one yet.
At Lancer Evo / Chamonix I used TCS 1 & bought Snow tyres.

My times at all the seasonal TT's so far:
(Most of them are hit'n run - get gold and you're done)

--

Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT Super Lap / Matterhorn Dristelen - no replay saved. :ouch:
15th Anniv Cars Super Lap Round 1 / Brands Hatch Indy Circuit - 56.283 - STRATOS 15th Anniv. '73 (Gold 1:00.000)
Honda Fit RS Super Lap / Gran Turismo Arena (Layout A) - 34.454 (Gold 35.500)

15th Anniversary Cars Super Lap: Round 2 / Apricot Hill Raceway - 1:19.896 - Cobra Daytona Coupe 15th Anniv '64 (Gold 1:22.500)
Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4T Sport: Hot Lap / Silverstone: Stowe Circuit - 1:02.604 (Gold 1:03.000)

BMW M4 Coupé Super Lap / Nürburgring GP/F - 2:13.050 (Gold 2:18.000)

Mario Andretti's 1948 Hudson: Hot Lap / Streets of Willow Springs - 1:29.844 (Gold 1:33.000)

15th Anniversary Cars Super Lap: Round 3 / Circuit de Spa-Francochamps - 2:08.167 - R18 TDI 15th Anniv '11 (Gold 2:15.000)
Honda S2000: Hot Lap / Matterhorn Rotenboden - 1:59.301 - S2000 '06 (Gold 2:00.000)
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione: Hot Lap / Tsukuba Circuit - 1:09.953 (Gold 1:10.000)

Acura NSX Super Lap / Ascari Full Track - 2:32.187 - NSX '91 (Gold 2:33.000)
KTM X-Bow Street Super Lap / Eiger Norwand Short Track - 1:08.588 (Gold 1:10.000)
Volkswagen Scirocco R Super Lap / Deep Forest Raceway - 1:29.396 (Gold 1:30.000)

BMW M4 Coupé Super Lap / Big Willow - 1:23.719 (Gold 1:26.000)
Toyota FT-1 Super Lap / Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 1:31.122 (1:35.000)

Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT Racing Series Super Lap / Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit - 2:02.602 (Gold 2:07.000)
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray GT Concept Super Lap / Daytona Road Course - 1:56.919 (Gold 2:02.000)

Toyota 86 GT Super Lap / Trial Mountain Circuit - 1:39.273 - 86 GT 15th Anniv '12 (Gold 1:40.000)
Jaguar XKR-S Super Lap / Circuito di Roma - 1:15.710 (Gold 1:16.500)

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Lap / Chamonix East - 1:20.536 - Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. SCP '99 (Gold 1:21.000)
Light Car Company Rocket Super Lap / Suzuka Circuit - 2:12.725 (Gold 2:13.000)
High End Performance G37 Super Lap / Streets of Willow Springs - 1:13.280 (Gold 1:14.000)

Lotus Elise Racing Car Super Lap / Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - 1:28.291 - Elise Race Car '96 (Gold 1:30.000)
Lamborghini Diablo GT2 Super Lap / Grand Valley East - 1:07.441 (Gold 1:08.000)
Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster Super Lap / Big Willow - 1:32.186 (Gold 1:33.000)

---

And , @Haarnaald , you may have missed the part about no SRF in 1st post.
I have taken a look at your replays and you don't use brakes in places one must use brakes with the stock cars.

And , @Haarnaald , you may have missed the part about no SRF in 1st post.
I have taken a look at your replays and you don't use brakes in places one must use brakes with the stock cars.

I was wondering about this. I did a 1:27.502 in the Lotus and I can see that another second is possible but 1:25 is seriously alien.

They mostly come out at night.
Mostly.

- I failed to Gold the Diablo stock and zero aids "It's game over man, game over!"
(So I get to rake all the gravel traps at Grand Valley so they are nice and smooth.)

well done to all for avoiding the Force - Soon the Jedi will be no more. Soon.

Ryk
They mostly come out at night.
Mostly.

- I failed to Gold the Diablo stock and zero aids "It's game over man, game over!"
(So I get to rake all the gravel traps at Grand Valley so they are nice and smooth.)

well done to all for avoiding the Force - Soon the Jedi will be no more. Soon.
Don't give on up the Diablo yet!
Study the 3 replays in this thread carefully. You still have 2 weeks to go!

Edit: words

These replays you speak of are ... I am afraid they are all ABS infected.

And my driver didn't really put in enough miles (That's me! Lazy Beggar!)

I may go back to it later - the new (Mid March) set of races seem a bit naff at first peek... Telsa toastermobile ... Clio Front wheel drive econobox... Best of the bunch is the Roadster MX5...

Hmm Diablo or Hairdressers car...

Yes I will return to the Lambo soon.

(Edited for crimes to spelling.)

Last edited:
Ryk
These replays you speak of are ... I am afraid they are all ABS infected.

And my driver didn't really put in enough miles (That's me! Lazy Beggar!)

I may go back to it later - the new (Mid March) set of races seem a bit naff at first peek... Telsa toastermobile ... Clio Front wheel drive econobox... Best of the bunch is the Roadster MX5...

Hmm Diablo or Hairdressers car...

Yes I will return to the Lambo soon.

(Edited for crimes to spelling.)

Keep at it mate...i just did it with zero assists stock brake balance 107.924 and thats with clutch and h shifter, i messed up on the first and last corner and skidded a bit on my way to the sharp left corner that leads into the tunnel so could be a bit quicker...i got a 108.018 but miss shifted from 4th to 5th on the final straight because i knew i was beating my ghost, then miss shifted again on the next lap again on the back straight this time 3rd to 4th, i think both these times would have beat the target time but when i know im going to win i usually panic and miss shift..so on my fastest lap on the back straight i used sequential to get to 4th and 5th gear

Last edited:
Keep at it mate...i just did it with zero assists stock brake balance 107.924 and thats with clutch and h shifter, i messed up on the first and last corner and skidded a bit on my way to the sharp left corner that leads into the tunnel so could be a bit quicker...i got a 108.018 but miss shifted from 4th to 5th on the final straight because i knew i was beating my ghost, then miss shifted again on the next lap again on the back straight this time 3rd to 4th, i think both these times would have beat the target time but when i know im going to win i usually panic and miss shift..so on my fastest lap on the back straight i used sequential to get to 4th and 5th gear
I feel you. :ouch:

Back