Stuck at Loading Screen?

• Thread starter haoTRUE
  • 48 comments
haoTRUE
My GT5 is stuck at the loading screen after leaving the Tuning Shop. This only happened when I bought every upgrade for my FTO '94. First, I bought every upgrade except for stage 2 and 3 weight reduction upgrades because i ran out of money. I raced a few and got money. I went back to finish up and buy all the upgrades. After leaving the shop, it got stuck on the load screen leaving the Tuning Shop.👎:grumpy:

Can anyone help me? and also am I the only one that is stuck on loading screens after upgrading a car?

Last edited:
If you get stuck at the loading screen for a while, i think its to do with the network more than anything to be honest. I think whilst loading, it communicates with the network servers for some reason, like theyre trying to peek in with what you are doing and stuff

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one if there was a similar thread....

My game has been stuck on the silver/grey GT logo loading screen for about quarter of an hour...I'm getting concerned. It was after a BSpec race...trying to get back to the home screen...but nothing is happening.

It's happened before, but not for this long. Is the only option to restart the PS3? If so, are there any adverse effects of doing so?

ya my game freezes at the main screen when u put the game in, only if im logged into PSN, if i log out everything works fine. anyone have any tips on this issue?

yeah it probably has to do with the network, i had to restart the game 3 times, all 3 times the game couldn't even get passed the main menu until the 4th time it said "network error you have been signed out of psn" or someting like that

I only got this problem after the 2.04 update. Right after i grind from 6m to 15 or 16 million. What a waste of my effort.

caprilo
ya my game freezes at the main screen when u put the game in, only if im logged into PSN, if i log out everything works fine. anyone have any tips on this issue?

Yes indeed. I don't know if it was a cofnięcie or not, but i was stick on a leading screen for a good 10 minutes, then i signed out, and it all worried fine for me.

Just sign out of PSN (or sen :lol:) and it will all carry on to what ever screen you were loading.

Help! When I start up GT5, everything is normal.. I get to the menu (on my main profile) The screen is black, no animations, just the news on the top right corner, and the selections of modes down the bottom, I select one (Ex. Settings, GT Home etc.) and it goes to the "GT" loading screen, and it stays there, it hasn't frozen because there is a little flash going down the logo, but thats it, and the music turns off after a while too. This PS3, as I write this now, is a refurb I got back from sony yesterday, so I wasn't expecting problems to hit me this early :( Please help! I don't want to lose my cars, and there is some GT Academy stuff I want to do! :(

Help! When I start up GT5, everything is normal.. I get to the menu (on my main profile) The screen is black, no animations, just the news on the top right corner, and the selections of modes down the bottom, I select one (Ex. Settings, GT Home etc.) and it goes to the "GT" loading screen, and it stays there, it hasn't frozen because there is a little flash going down the logo, but thats it, and the music turns off after a while too. This PS3, as I write this now, is a refurb I got back from sony yesterday, so I wasn't expecting problems to hit me this early :( Please help! I don't want to lose my cars, and there is some GT Academy stuff I want to do! :(

Is it still frozen now.

Yea mate, tried GTA IV: Complete Edition, that worked fine, tried Uncharted 2 that worked fine.. Dude, I'm scared :( #NOPLZGT5WORK :(

If your other games are fine in your PS3 well it your GT5 disc make sure your disc is clean.

have you tried other games in your PS3

If your other games are fine in your PS3 well it your GT5 disc make sure your disc is clean.

GT5 Disks are as clean as a whistle dude! :( I just keep trying to open GT5, it gets as far as the menu. Nothing works other than the Options. Read another forum and it said to go and accept the terms of service via. the options menu.

GT5 Disks are as clean as a whistle dude! :( I just keep trying to open GT5, it gets as far as the menu. Nothing works other than the Options. Read another forum and it said to go and accept the terms of service via. the options menu.

Go and do that and see what happens.

Go and do that and see what happens.

So I did it. Now I get to the start screen, and I got to the options menu, cleared cache (as was said to do in another forum) and I'm on the start menu now, and the little mouse clicking icon thing doesn't show :/ :nervous:

Yup! And nothing.. I cannot access the GT Home screen, so much for an update, bloody useless. Starting to get frustrated >:(

Try deleting the game save data make sure it's the game save and not saved game data, this will delete your update then restart gt5 do the update and hopefully that should work. I had a similar issue and this worked for me.

Gran Turismo 5 is stuck at the GT5 logo if connected after the update.
If playing offline it works smoothly, something's wrong

SOLVED: clearing the cache didn't work. but deleting the game data and reinstalling the updates did.

Last edited:
Wow am I glad to see these latest posts! From around Tuesday I have been having the same issue. I found it happens when I start the game, logon to PSN, go to Career Mode, then my garage and then select any car. Firstly the car would not show ...only the stats would. When I exit the garage the game would then get stuck on the silver GT Logo. It has happened whether or not I was logged onto PSN. I even tried different profiles with no luck. Then last night I actually got to select a car and put in a few laps at the Ring. But when I went out of practice mode it hung again on the GT screen. This time I left it overnight and found it still stuck this morning. I then shut down the PS3 and tried about 4 times and each time the game hung at different points. I then shut it all down and gave up. But 30 minutes later I tried yet again. THIS TIME it told me I needed to update my system (update 4.**). These were those latest updates. I seem to remember the first one for the PS3 not downloading or installing properly so I thought this might be the problem. After the download and install I started the game and again it got stuck in Career Mode. I then shut it down and gave up BUT I felt so bad that about 5% of my daily existence was now going to be a black hole without GT5 that I once again tried it and this time ...IT WORKED! I went into arcade mode, the tuning shop, my garage and the practice tracks. I also changed cars a couple of times. Everything seemed fine. I was rushing for work though and was not able to drive any car. So, maybe your system did not install one of the latest updates correctly?

Wow am I glad to see these latest posts! From around Tuesday I have been having the same issue. I found it happens when I start the game, logon to PSN, go to Career Mode, then my garage and then select any car. Firstly the car would not show ...only the stats would. When I exit the garage the game would then get stuck on the silver GT Logo. It has happened whether or not I was logged onto PSN. I even tried different profiles with no luck. Then last night I actually got to select a car and put in a few laps at the Ring. But when I went out of practice mode it hung again on the GT screen. This time I left it overnight and found it still stuck this morning. I then shut down the PS3 and tried about 4 times and each time the game hung at different points. I then shut it all down and gave up. But 30 minutes later I tried yet again. THIS TIME it told me I needed to update my system (update 4.**). These were those latest updates. I seem to remember the first one for the PS3 not downloading or installing properly so I thought this might be the problem. After the download and install I started the game and again it got stuck in Career Mode. I then shut it down and gave up BUT I felt so bad that about 5% of my daily existence was now going to be a black hole without GT5 that I once again tried it and this time ...IT WORKED! I went into arcade mode, the tuning shop, my garage and the practice tracks. I also changed cars a couple of times. Everything seemed fine. I was rushing for work though and was not able to drive any car. So, maybe your system did not install one of the latest updates correctly?

So what did you do then mate! Really I need to know :P But I'm glad you got it fixed, well done bro :)

I do not know mate ...after the update this morning I launched straight into the game and it did the same thing. But when I switched everything off and left it for like 30 minutes and then put it on again it just worked lol! To be honest I am still very nervous about it and cannot wait to get home so I can really make sure it works. I get suspicious when things fix themselves! But all I know right now is that on that final restart I was able to do stuff that I was not able to do since Tuesday.

I can understand that sinking feeling you currently have ...I had no idea how much I loved this game till there was a threat of losing it.

Back