Stuck at Loading Screen?

• Thread starter haoTRUE
  • 48 comments
Help! When I start up GT5, everything is normal.. I get to the menu (on my main profile) The screen is black, no animations, just the news on the top right corner, and the selections of modes down the bottom, I select one (Ex. Settings, GT Home etc.) and it goes to the "GT" loading screen, and it stays there, it hasn't frozen because there is a little flash going down the logo, but thats it, and the music turns off after a while too. This PS3, as I write this now, is a refurb I got back from sony yesterday, so I wasn't expecting problems to hit me this early :( Please help! I don't want to lose my cars, and there is some GT Academy stuff I want to do! :(

This happens to me sometimes, I just turn off the ps3 for a few hours and its normal again

Nope ...I just got home, turned it on and left it on the home screen while I attended to some things. Thirty minutes later the music had stopped and it was hanging. Looks like it's dead. I am stunned. I did a quick Google search and find it has happened to a couple of other people in the past but no solution has ever been found. I have no idea what to do next. I have had my PS3 for 3 years and have no other games. I guess I will get NFS or GRID tomorrow just to see if other games work.

Nope ...I just got home, turned it on and left it on the home screen while I attended to some things. Thirty minutes later the music had stopped and it was hanging. Looks like it's dead. I am stunned. I did a quick Google search and find it has happened to a couple of other people in the past but no solution has ever been found. I have no idea what to do next. I have had my PS3 for 3 years and have no other games. I guess I will get NFS or GRID tomorrow just to see if other games work.

Read my post on page 2 trust me it works.

If using an SSD take out the drive and reinsert, this resets the chip's TRIM and sometimes it gets gunked up for whatever reason. I take out my SSD at least once a month to maintain performance and speed as the chip on the SSD seems to need to do a trim or garbage collection clearing.

Another could be the drive is starting to flake out as well. Unlike other games that don't install but a few MB's of data, GT installs GB's of data to the drive and may have a written that section on a bad sector. Happens.

I have to do the update every day at this point (delete gamedata etc.) and I can't even access the GT Auto, I haven't tried anything else yet. I can create and access a server, and access A-spec, thats all :( FIX THIS POLOPHONY :/

:( Sorry to tell you this guys, but this morning I woke up to try and play GT5, and it didn't work (same problem as before). So I tried what Odefinn did, and even that didn't work. I haven't tried reupdating, because that just takes way too long :(

How old hard drive you got on that PS3? Just wondering is your HD's dying?
I had those loading problems if ended GT5 "abnormally", like jam in onlinelobby and exited game from there, possible leaves some file operations "open" and then that PS3 service menus allocation table check (3.) fixes problem, you might have some bad sectors or some other allocation error, maybe that game full remove will help.
Crossing fingers at your savegame data is now clear and you could make backup of it.

It doesn't matter at this point if it takes too long, I don't think you have another choice..

How old hard drive you got on that PS3? Just wondering is your HD's dying?
I had those loading problems if ended GT5 "abnormally", like jam in onlinelobby and exited game from there, possible leaves some file operations "open" and then that PS3 service menus allocation table check (3.) fixes problem, you might have some bad sectors or some other allocation error, maybe that game full remove will help.
Crossing fingers at your savegame data is now clear and you could make backup of it.

I don't have a clue how old the HD is, mainly because it is a refurb I got from Sony last Wednesday. :/

can you still play others games than GT5 in your PS3.

Oh yea, mate for the last couple of hours I've been on and off playing Battlefield 3, runs smoothly and nicely. As far as I've seen every other game I have works perfectly, and my disks are all spotless, not a scratch on them.

Oh yea, mate for the last couple of hours I've been on and off playing Battlefield 3, runs smoothly and nicely. As far as I've seen every other game I have works perfectly, and my disks are all spotless, not a scratch on them.

I PM you a few days ago to tell you to save your game onto a USB for backup and delete your save game in your PS3 and not your game data and start a new game so did you do that.

Last edited:
Back