Subaru Reveals WRX Project Midnight Time Attack Car for Goodwood Festival of Speed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 18 comments
It certainly is a mean looking thing. :eek: Love the use of black on black. :)

Hope it goes as fast as planned, good luck to them. 👍:)

I'll say it first. Can we have it in GT7 please. After all, we do have the IOM time attack Scooby.
Oh. And my profile pic probably gives away I'm biased.

Last edited:
Subaru does not make an STi version of the current gen WRX, which might be it.
There is a WRX S4 STI, although that's only in Japan. As this is LHD, it's probably not that though :lol:

Pretty much all that's left of the original car is a seam-welded shell in either case.

Edit: Airslayer was based on a WRX STI. Must have C&Ved it by mistake.

Last edited:
Looks good although not sure how fast it'll be compared to other cars competing in the shootout. Also wasn't Project Airslayer initally built to set a new record at the Mount Washington hillclimb before being used for the gymkhana video with some modifications or am i confusing two different Vermont Sports Cars built and Pastrana driven WRXs

Also wasn't Project Airslayer initally built to set a new record at the Mount Washington hillclimb before being used for the gymkhana video with some modifications
To my recollection, it appeared in Gymkhana 2020 (filmed in October 2020, released in December 2020) and ran Mount Washington in August 2021.

I was at the festival yesterday and although I did not get to see it run - the thing is still a beauty.

1720767188763.png

I might have made a livery for the Gr.3 Road Car...
So did I! 😂 I was thinking of modifying the TT car but it doesn't really have a widebody. It's just a shame you can't get the Gr3 Road Car's weight down to 1100kg cos you can get the power specs easily.

Romain Dumas - “I could beat that in a van”

It still was mighty quick (though 2 secs off the electric Ford)

Last edited:
Here is short video of the car going up the hill - appears at 1:52 mark! Pretty sweet motor!

Raw sounds always good!

ZEE
Here is short video of the car going up the hill - appears at 1:52 mark! Pretty sweet motor!

Raw sounds always good!

It's mad how the light in that thumbnail makes it look like a screenshot from GT4...

It's mad how the light in that thumbnail makes it look like a screenshot from GT4...
Satin finishes always seem to give cars a sort of uncanny looking quality. It actually reminds me of how the Dreamcast renders cars in Sega GT, with a shiny but not glossy look to them like they're made of molded plastic.

Back