Found this in the NASIOC forums ...

sad :( ...

buff1.jpg

buff2.jpg

buff3.jpg

buff4.jpg

buff5.jpg

:eek:.....

And it still has the paper license plates ... What a waste. I couldn't find out what the story is behind it, but the wooden pole can explain part of it? All that I know is that it happened in northern California. The city Ukiah is located two hours north of San Francisco.

Source: Click Here

dam man...

My first reaction was "already"...
And then how did the post go through the hood and out the scoop and into the winshield...

People need to learn to respect what they drive...

Man - that is a big hit. The current model Impreza's a pretty tough little car - for the whole body to get twisted like that is, frankly, astonishing.

In California, paper temporary plates are good for just a week - and, given the date on the hood of the car, well, let's just say it's a shame.

Im not so sure about the week for temporary plates... On the used cars i have bought from dealers i believe it took about two weeks for the plates to come... and during this time i used temps with the paper thingee...

this was posted on the other forum i belong too.looks like the person lost control, hit a fence and then smacked either a tree or a telephone pole.

What's odd to me is you don't really see any blood. The interior almost looks like no one was ever in it. Maybe it just fell off a truck? (:

buff5.jpg

man i fell like crying because of a car that good getting destroyed:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
ok i think i am over it damn people cant drive wroth ****. who gave this person a license? i gotta slap the person who gave this guy a license unless it was not the guy in the wrx's fault.

Originally posted by bengee
Im not so sure about the week for temporary plates... On the used cars i have bought from dealers i believe it took about two weeks for the plates to come... and during this time i used temps with the paper thingee...

Temporary plates in California are supposed to be valid for just one week, but the state doesn't issue any paper temporary plate like most states do, so TECHNICALLY you could drive as long as you want, or as long as it takes the state to do the paperwork, and there won't be any problems. Of course, this isn't the case with used cars, since California has the most rigorous 'plate-stays-with-car' systems in the nation.

Originally posted by LoudMusic
What's odd to me is you don't really see any blood. The interior almost looks like no one was ever in it. Maybe it just fell off a truck? (:[/img]

That's a good point, Loud - and although it wasn't a front impact, the wheel and seats don't look to be damaged - certainly not to the extent that you'd expect if an 70-80kg person was in the driver's seat getting tossed around. Does anyone know if the Imprezas run sensors that turn airbags off if no-one's in the seat?

What's odd to me is you don't really see any blood. The interior almost looks like no one was ever in it. Maybe it just fell off a truck? (:

buff5.jpg

Well, now that you mentioned that, the car probably could of fallen off of the truck. This theory sort of makes sense because how would the driver and passenger(s) get out of the car through the doors? The doors themselves are already jammed up with the bends and twists of the body.

Good thinking LoudMusic :)

edit: I just noticed that the driver's side door window has not cracked yet :odd:

buff2.jpg

Ive been an assistant manager at a body shop for 2 years now, and never...NEVER...seen anything like that. The rear frame... incredible... They get 3 points for being able to do that... -2 points for stupidity

Will the airbags go off it the car isn't started ?.. Don't they need to be powered by the electrical system.. :odd:

buff5.jpg

It actually looks like there is blood on the airbag. Blood isnt red when it drys, it turns brown.

And just because you were in an accident like that doesnt mean you bled all over the car.

Originally posted by Bahbo
buff5.jpg

It actually looks like there is blood on the airbag. Blood isnt red when it drys, it turns brown.

And just because you were in an accident like that doesnt mean you bled all over the car.
wy step uncle is a fireman and he says if you die instanly, there is very little blood splatter

My theory is that the car fell or had a severe impact with the front left quarter of the car. Then it wrapped the right side of the car around a pole and then was later hit by another car in the rear?

Originally posted by Super-Supra
My theory is that the car fell or had a severe impact with the front left quarter of the car. Then it wrapped the right side of the car around a pole and then was later hit by another car in the rear?
I think you may be right about the first point of impact - I reckon this was probably the fence - hence the post and the torm back panel. The rear right then slammed a tree or pole - expalining the massive damage, was spun and then hit another tree or pole with the rear left.
It's interesting to note the discolouration on the exhaust. Seems a bit dark for a car that's only a week old - maybe I'm wrong but it's something I noticed.
I did also notice the possible blood staining on the air bag. Lack of overall blood can be put down to crushing injuries rather than lacerations. The carpet is quite dark too, so that might be hiding something. More interior shots would help.
Another point to note is the lack of dirt on the wheels, sills and rear valance. They look very clean so the accident probably happend on tarmac rather than offroading.

Or maybe it just rolled down a cliff. What do i know?

Another thought... wasn't an insurance scam was it?

"Hello, Ripemov Insurance? I've had a bit of an incident... can I make a claim?"

MY GOD!!! what a horrible accident. it is incredible that the car twisted like that. impressive really, and I just dont think it fell off a turck... look, it is all smashed up, I dont think that a fall of the truck would do that to the car, it must have been at good speed to end up like that.

Cano

Latest Posts

Back