Subaru WRX STi crash, ouch!

• Thread starter Thio
  • 49 comments
Originally posted by Flerbizky
Will the airbags go off it the car isn't started ?.. Don't they need to be powered by the electrical system.. :odd:

YOu bring up a good question..... Most manufacturer's have a different pre-set speed that the vehicle must be traveling before the airbags will deploy. This speed is usually 30mph or alittle bit higher because it would be detrimental to the passengers if the airbag deployed at lower speeds. And as for the seat mounted sensor that determines if there is an occupant in the passenger seat..... I havent seen it in many newer cars. I know mercedes and Bimmer do alot of it but im not sure about the soob team. This vehicle defineately did not just fall off of a truck. It takes alot of G force in a very short time set off the multiple airbag sensors located in the nose of vehicles. Imagine how much thrust some of the crazy bastards who have over 700 and such hp AWD vehicles creat when they lauch.... still not enough to trip the sensors.

did the driver die

Attachments

• 2234.jpg
    2234.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 98
It's not horribly obvious the first impact was to the car-side rear door, which sent the car into a wooden fence or pole head on?

Originally posted by Tofu4G63
YOu bring up a good question..... Most manufacturer's have a different pre-set speed that the vehicle must be traveling before the airbags will deploy. This speed is usually 30mph or alittle bit higher because it would be detrimental to the passengers if the airbag deployed at lower speeds. And as for the seat mounted sensor that determines if there is an occupant in the passenger seat..... I havent seen it in many newer cars. I know mercedes and Bimmer do alot of it but im not sure about the soob team. This vehicle defineately did not just fall off of a truck. It takes alot of G force in a very short time set off the multiple airbag sensors located in the nose of vehicles. Imagine how much thrust some of the crazy bastards who have over 700 and such hp AWD vehicles creat when they lauch.... still not enough to trip the sensors.

my rim clipped a curb in the parking lot and my stupid airbags went off....i was pissed as hell...the rim was barley even scratched...luckily 2 of my friends work at a local shop and took care of everything for free...it would have been 4 thousand dollars for some stupid airbags and a windshield....while they were at it they also did a full tune up and replaced my timing belt provided free by honda.

Originally posted by skylineGTR_guy
my rim clipped a curb in the parking lot and my stupid airbags went off....i was pissed as hell...the rim was barley even scratched...luckily 2 of my friends work at a local shop and took care of everything for free...it would have been 4 thousand dollars for some stupid airbags and a windshield....while they were at it they also did a full tune up and replaced my timing belt provided free by honda.

Wow.... thats different..... I rear ended someone in a honda that I had....... I thought for sure they airbag would go off...... nope nada.

First, i know that there is a fence pole going throught it, but could it be it was a test crash. Sounds abit dumb but i think its a possibility. Also could it be so as not to get the pic banned from many forums and so u concentrate more on the state of the car than the driver could it be that some1 airbrushed out the blood? Second somthing seems to have sandwhiched the back end and i think for it to happen on bothe sides would be impossible to it hitting a tree as i doubt it would have the power to bounce off the tree, and hit the other side at equal force.

That actually looks awfully similar to the way my car looked after I crashed it. I would agree that the driver's side damage is from a secondary impact, and the chassis-twister is the one on the passenger side.

Originally posted by Flerbizky
Will the airbags go off it the car isn't started ?.. Don't they need to be powered by the electrical system.. :odd:

on new vehicles the airbags go off when sensors located in the car detect a deceleration equivalent to 1.5-3 G's. That is - 15-30m/s^2 . Around 30 is when your head is all out of it and you may pass out. At 60 G's your brain is literally scrambled inside of your skull. Thats what happened to a lot of soldiers in WWII when they were hit by the sound wave of a near by exploding grenade.

That is criminal to see a car of that caliber destroyed like that
Go's to show what happens when people have money and no talent...

i think it is unfair to say the driver had no talent. Alot of pro racers push it 2 far and end up with cars not much worse of. So mayby this person just pushed it too far

Or maybe it was someone else totally? Everyone talking about first and second impacts? What happened if someone hit the left side sent the car careening through someone's backyard fence and the right side ended up meeting Mr. Tree?

I know you have all had these kinds of things happen to you. Someone else not paying attention and seniding you scrambling out of their way?

Well, I don't know if this is true or not, but here is something that I found on the same forum ...

I know all about this car, I went to the dealer and a salesman told me all about it. The guy didn't even have it for 48 hours. He got drunk went straight where there was a turn at 120mph no brakes or anything, went down a steep hill, hit a tree and then a fence, one of the fence posts went into his chest. Driver Lived.

Interesting. :confused:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know all about this car, I went to the dealer and a salesman told me all about it. The guy didn't even have it for 48 hours. He got drunk went straight where there was a turn at 120mph no brakes or anything, went down a steep hill, hit a tree and then a fence, one of the fence posts went into his chest. Driver Lived.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My point of no talent justified, shouldve added no brains also

Back