Sunbeam Tiger Series 2 1967 289 V8

Sick_Cylinder
It would be great to have the Sunbeam Tiger in the game - preferably the 289 Ford powered version rather than the earlier and less powerful 260.

A very stylish and fast car from the mid 1960's produced in the UK by the British Rootes group. The Series 1 was manufactured from 1964 to 1967 and was fitted with a 260 cubic inch V8 (4.3 litre) engine producing 164 bhp and approximately 6,000 were made. The Series 2 was released in 1967 and fitted with the Ford 289 cubic inch V8 (4.7 litre) from the Ford Mustang and produced 200bhp. Less than 700 Series 2 cars were built before the project was killed off in 1967 by company politics - Chrysler, the parents of the Rootes Group didn't want a Ford engine and were unable to supply an alternative Chrysler lump that was compact enough to fit.

Sunbeam Tiger.jpg
Sunbeam Tiger 2.jpg
Sunbeam Tiger 3.jpg

Last edited:
I can't believe this beautiful classic sports car isn't flooded with likes!

James Bond drove a four cylinder version known as the Sunbeam Alpine in the first James Bond film Dr No - the film budget was so tight that the car was actually rented and therefore had to be returned undamaged.

It has crisp modern lines for the time (1964 - 1967) and with the 289 V8 plenty of power and a great sound track. They also did very well in international rallying - I can't find anything not to like or love about this great car!

I can't believe this beautiful classic sports car isn't flooded with likes!

James Bond drove a four cylinder version known as the Sunbeam Alpine in the first James Bond film Dr No - the film budget was so tight that the car was actually rented and therefore had to be returned undamaged.

It has crisp modern lines for the time (1964 - 1967) and with the 289 V8 plenty of power and a great sound track. They also did very well in international rallying - I can't find anything not to like or love about this great car!
Haha I remember Dr. No best for it's hilariously bad chase scene. Sunbeam Alpine vs. 1940s Hearse + ****ty backprojection = much win

I like the performance of the Tiger II, top speed 201 km/h and 0-100 km/h at 7,5 sec, it must feel like a little rocket. :) It was only 571 Tiger II built :)
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Last edited:
Back