Formula 1 Gran Premio de la Cuidad De México 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 136 comments
Huge congrats on Alonso's 400th. Massive achievement. Damn shame his race ended so early.

Solid race for Sainz. I thought Ferrari were on for another 1-2. Good job moving into 2nd in the WCC.

Good to see Lando make some gains in the WDC. Nice recovery from Piastri.

Nice scrap between Lewis and George.

Great results for Haas!

Glad to see Max facing some consequences.

Sometimes Sainz shows that he can be in the elite club too, this was one of those weekends. A team like Williams is lucky to have this guy next year.

Last edited:
Lewis watching how well Ferrari is doing at the end of the season.
Birdman Rubbing Hands GIF

Cooldown room could do with some soundproofing 😅

Edit: Colapinto received a 10 sec penalty for the collision with Lawson

Last edited:
Lewis taking over 10 laps to pass George with a damaged front wing tells me that the big upgrade package from Mercedes is probably not up to snuff since it looks like the old spec is faster. Not taking anything away from Russell because he defended well too but he definitely had much better pace without that front wing damage.

On another note, well done Carlos! That was a commending victory.

I think even without the penalties, Max would have probably still finished 6th looking at his pace. I recon both Mercs would have overtaken him.

Edit: Just wanted to add, Carlos really is an underrated driver. I feel like if he has more support from Ferrari, he probably would have achieved a lot more. I find him way more consistent than Charles and I'm betting he will be wiping the floor with Albon at Williams.

Last edited:
Huge congrats on Alonso's 400th. Massive achievement. Damn shame his race ended so early.

Solid race for Sainz. I thought Ferrari were on for another 1-2. Good job moving into 2nd in the WCC.

Good to see Lando make some gains in the WDC. Nice recovery from Piastri.

Nice scrap between Lewis and George.

Great results for Haas!

Glad to see Max facing some consequences.
Max had it coming.

Max in an interview just now:

Interviewer: "Would you do anything different next time?"
Max: "Get a drink in the pits. Enough time with the penalty"

He doesn't even care

It seems that the stewards (this week not including Derek Warwick, unlike last week) have recalled "Document 44 - Infringement - Car 1 - Turn 8 Leaving the track and gaining an advantage" on the basis that "Further details to be included in Decision. Replacement document to follow."

this week not including Derek Warwick, unlike last week
It's such a shame this matters

Document 43 (the turn 4 incident) was also recalled and replaced.
The replacement includes penalty points which the original didn't.

Last edited:
Turns out they added two penalty points too, and weirdly removed a reference to "CCTV"...
Didn't Alonso get 3 points at the start of the season (Bahrain I believe) for a much milder "forcing another driver off track"? It's weird then how this is only 2

Back