Superspeedway-Indy....Fun Racers Surprise Night no.16...TONIGHT 9pm...Mon 11th July

• Thread starter DJAbacus
  • 49 comments
DJAbacus
Two completely different races designed to maximise the fun online racing experience...just turn up and drive...the car will be selected by the host from the recommended list on the night....will be a quickie mind!!!

Date: Monday 11th July
Lounge Open: 9pm UK/Ireland time
Who's welcome: Everyone of course
Track: Superspeedway-Indy
Car: unknown (that's the surprise...get it!!!)
Aids: All allowed
Pitstops: whenever necessary

Race 1:

Racing style: Clean(ish)

Laps: 25
Start Type: Rolling start
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: High
Penalty: Strong
Grip Reduction: Real
Mechanical damage: None
Tyre/Fuel depletion: On

Race 2

Racing style: Any...win at all costs!!!

Laps: 10
Start Type: Rolling Start
Grid Order: Reverse based on previous race results
Boost: High
Penalty: None
Grip Reduction: Real
Mechanical damage: Heavy
Tyre/Fuel depletion: On

This event is sponsored by the FUN RACERS SOCIAL GROUP

Racers
1. DJAbacus
2. KWAKAMAN (maybe)
3. Jack_GTR
4. Otsdarva
5. watermelonpunch
6. RDArdvark
7. Thaddeus
8. Woodz
9. dansoxfan
10. Eidolon_600 (maybe)
11. Damon Hill (extremely unlikely)
12. otakukid96
13. Sylar

Last edited:
New format.....Like it.
Will try and make it but, due to work i may not get time. Pencil me in anyway.

This new format sounds really fun!! But I can't make it, I'm going on vacation sunday, and will be away for a week... have fun

cheers

This new format sounds really fun!! But I can't make it, I'm going on vacation sunday, and will be away for a week... have fun
cheers

Have a great time Chris!!! :)

Sign me up :) todays racing was great fun

Nice driving last night Jack.....another Irish speedster walks amongst us!!

Let's hope I can make it this time. I'm really itching for a fun race.

Well, really trying to mix it up with boost/penalties/damage...open racing, loads of position swapping, pitstops....etc....hoping for a full grid to make this a crazy ride!!!

ooh ooh I don't want to miss this one. :D
(And yes, I see the date and it's not actually a holiday. lol.)

See you on the track next week big fruit!!!!

See you on the track next week big fruit!!!!

Whoa! Never thought of it that way... LOL :lol:

You know it just occurred to me that the set-up conditions for your hosted race are a little... surprising...
I'm now getting suspicious about what car you have in mind.

Not angling for hints... Just pointing out the peculiarity. I can't be the only one scratching my head here for good reason. ;) :D

I like it! Should be great fun.

Sign me up please!

Cool....not sure how it will all turn out but there will be a lot of action that's for sure....boost will certainly mean you are not out of it until it's over...

Cool....not sure how it will all turn out but there will be a lot of action that's for sure....boost will certainly mean you are not out of it until it's over...

In race 2 will we be allowed to exploit boost? As in "Dirty NASCAR" style?
I see that penalties will be off... so will it be allowed to mow the grass & get a boost on to propel like a rocket & go bang bang! ?

If anyone wonders what I'm talking about... do yourself a favour and join as a spectator in a Dirty NASCAR pub lobby sometime! :lol:
(It's a nice alternative to tv news while you're having a snack or something. LOL)

In race 2 will we be allowed to exploit boost? As in "Dirty NASCAR" style?
I see that penalties will be off... so will it be allowed to mow the grass & get a boost on to propel like a rocket & go bang bang! ?
👍

Okay, just so I'm absolutely clear on the meaning of "win at all costs!!!"

We will all, indeed, be allowed to engage in: brake checking, side ramming, exploitation of boost, damage setting exploitation, rear-clipping, punting, hard contact rear-ending, excessive blocking, flailing wild weaving, track shorting, grass mowing, off-road passing, off-road racing, forcing a space that doesn't exist to squeeze in, putting a nose in where the risk of contact is high, dive-bombing the inside, cutting inside with late braking without sufficient overlap, riding or leaning on another car through the turns, using another car as brake and/or steering, improper re-entry to the track after a spin-out or off-road excursion.
?

Did I miss anything? :lol:

I mean aside from deliberate use of ghosting... which won't come into play because of the settings being Penalty: Off, Damage: Heavy
LOL

Yes, I'm being deliberately silly about this because well... I don't often get a chance to really pump this area of potential comedy in an appropriate setting. :sly:

Absolutely, Melon, you have certainly got the idea, the first race is a 'proper' 25 lap race, boost high so if you are off to a bad start, then your race is not run....in fact it should keep most drivers in the race right up until the end.....the second 10 lap race is just about using every trick in the book to get over the line first....you may have to limp into the pits a few times but boost and a brand new car will give you a chance to quickly get back in contention..

Come on 'fun' racers!!! Should be a lot of fun....(especially with more drivers..:sly:)

This is what i have been looking for!:bowdown:

I'll send the misses and the baby to the in-laws so i can have a night of fun:lol:

add me in :)

count me in please.
No tanks allowed in round 2 i guess? :)

:) Good to have you on board David, Tank or no Tank!!!

This is what i have been looking for!:bowdown:

I'll send the misses and the baby to the in-laws so i can have a night of fun:lol:

add me in :)

Hi Woodz...I will add you to the list and send you a friends request next time I am on....

Check out the fun racers social group (link in my sig). There are other regular events which might interest you, but we say Monday night = Fun Night.....and this event should be no exception....see you online soon mate!! :)

i don't like that track and also i don't like the boost thing and the all aids on thing : D

Ahahahah !

Maybe i'll join but later cause on monday night i'm busy till late usually : )

@ otakukid96

Surprise night is Monday, 4pm US EDT

When they say UK time... They mean BST (ie: GMT+1)
it's British Summer Time (GMT is to BST as EST is to EDT)

In the Eastern US, we're 5 hours earlier than the UK.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

New York = EDT
London = BST

Last edited:
Hi all missed a few weeks (blame Game of Thrones also being shown at 9pm on Sky Atlantic show was just too addictive as it got better and better with each episode) but should be able to make it for next weeks race so count me in. A longer 25 lap race should make things more interesting as tire wear will play a more crucial part to race.

The 10 lap win at any cost race should be fun too time time to start practising the PIT maneuver :mischievous:

3? ok, sign me up

Ok mate...yep..check the times...currently we are GMT+1 (BST) as melon said...there are some useful timezone converters on the web....I'll send you a friends request...

i don't like that track and also i don't like the boost thing and the all aids on thing : D

I'll take that as a 'thanks but no thanks' :)....though if you do a sudden U-turn then I'm sure there will be room if you show up.....

Hi all missed a few weeks (blame Game of Thrones also being shown at 9pm on Sky Atlantic show was just too addictive as it got better and better with each episode) but should be able to make it for next weeks race so count me in. A longer 25 lap race should make things more interesting as tire wear will play a more crucial part to race.

The 10 lap win at any cost race should be fun too time time to start practising the PIT maneuver :mischievous:

I think I need to add you too Sylar....see you Monday...:)....Game of thrones was so good...just read the book which is very close to the TV series.....starting to read the next book...'A Clash of Kings' tonight.....there are 5 books in total....:drool:

Back