Superspeedway-Indy....Fun Racers Surprise Night no.16...TONIGHT 9pm...Mon 11th July

• Thread starter DJAbacus
  • 49 comments
I'm sorry I thought we were 6 hours back.

Probably due to DST (Daylight Savings Time) making for time zone confusion.
But using the -5 hour equation, I make it to many races at the correct time,
hosted by people using UK Time/BST/GMT+1, as the posted scheduled time.

This is one of the reasons I really wish ALL the races I'm involved in would use the forum's calendar feature:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/calendar.php
As long as you have your correct time zone set in your user settings for the forum, the calendar will display the correct time for you, for a race entered into the calendar by someone else in a different time zone.
Nifty feature!

I think I need to add you too Sylar....see you Monday...:)....Game of thrones was so good...just read the book which is very close to the TV series.....starting to read the next book...'A Clash of Kings' tonight.....there are 5 books in total....:drool:

I am considering making a start on the books myself as after watching the series finale I really need to find out what happens next. Presently though I am in the middle of reading another similar fantasy series called sword of truth. There was also a tv series adaptation of the books produced by ABC called Legend of the Seeker however unlike HBO they butchered the series pretty much ignoring the plot of books for the first season and trying to make it as family friendly as possible which considering the source material really hurt it. Also didn't have the budget of game of thrones so most of the epic scenes in the books were just not feasible. The only thing the show managed to get right was the casting the main characters which was pretty much spot on. Really wish HBO had picked up rights to the series as well so that it got a tv adaptation which did the source material justice.

Currently reading Faith of the Fallen which is 7th book of a 12 book series with a 13th book being released so once I finish current book might take a break from that series for a while a make a start on A Clash of Kings instead.

This is one of the reasons I really wish ALL the races I'm involved in would use the forum's calendar feature:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/calendar.php
As long as you have your correct time zone set in your user settings for the forum, the calendar will display the correct time for you, for a race entered into the calendar by someone else in a different time zone.
Nifty feature!

Nice idea....have put the race in the calender....here....so as Melon says if you have the correct timezone on your settings it converts it for you!!

Last edited:
No worries Dj, i was just kidding ! I'll join if i find myself free not at midnight ehehe

time time to start practising the PIT maneuver :mischievous:

Oh, so I looked this up. I was just thrown off by the terminology.

I know this maneuver as "rear clipping".

I see that it's a term used for police chases, that a pursuing vehicle uses on an ahead car.

But I'm more familiar with this in online pub lobbies where someone who is passed does this on the car that is passing them... clips the rear before they pull ahead fully, to spin them out. (In a desperate attempt to prevent the pass.)

What's rather funny is when someone in a pub lobby shuffle race tries this on someone driving one of the beastly stay-put FF cars & winds up spinning themselves out instead. :D
(Yes, I generally get a kick out of dirty maneuvers that backfire! :lol:)

What is everyone out in the sunshine all the time anymore? Does it never get dark? Where's all the usual funny people posting left & right? heehee :D

Last chance to sign up today....everyone will be using sports soft!!!

Room opens at 9pm and the 1st race will start at 9.20pm....the 2nd race will start 10 minutes after the first has ended....around 9.55pm....

:)

Last chance to sign up today....everyone will be using sports soft!!!

That's assuming everyone checks to make sure they're on sports soft... unlike myself who once went out on comfort softs & wondered what was going on. lol ;)

UPDATE:
And just after I posted this, I found miata_1 in a pub lobby 1-make recommended race saying, "why has everyone left me so far behind? Am I really this slow? How are they not slowing down?"

After the race, I had him check... he was on Sports Hard while the rest of the racers were on racing soft. LOL

Last edited:
Great racing tonight people...think we had 13 at peak in the first race!!! Race?? That boost is pretty ridiculous but good fun for a change!!!! No D/Cs either...so much better than when I started playing late Feb.....we could hardly get 6/7 in a room at one time(without D/C issues)!!!

Cheers boys and girls!!!

:cheers:

mmmmmm boooooooosty.

LOL

I'm not so good with the boost.
But it was interesting to test out some dirty driving tactics. LOL (Of which I'm not so good with either. lol)

That was insane once Boost started piling everyone together. You couldn't even try to pass without two other people getting a little 'too' close. It was good racing, albeit got dirty whenever I would have rather it didn't. Hopefully next week the cars won't be psycho fast that it becomes a guaranteed derby.

haha nice racing. i dreamt of an orange car chasing me from all sides...
It wasnt an old American muscle car and its name was not Christine, it was Eidolon...

Back