Calling All Fun Racers.....its Cote D'Azur Surpise Night!!..Mon 15th Aug 9pm GMT +1

• Thread starter DJAbacus
  • 61 comments
Hey can someone explain me how can I join that? Sorry it's gonna be my first online race here...

Ok np.....fun racers Monday nights is a perfect place to start your online GT racing experience.....

1. Send me a friends request (PSN: DJAbacus) as I am hosting.
2. Go to main screen (GTMode?), then commnunity.
3. All your GT friends will be listed. The ones with a green light on the side are online and playing GT.
4. Find me on the list and click on the lounge icon (coffee cup). The lounge is active when there is a green light next to it. The first click will show who is in the lounge, then again to enter.
5. Lounge will be set up and ready from 8.30pm BST on Monday, but I may be in there other times anyway so pop in and say hi.

I'm in!! Love Monaco!

psn: bouncyflabs

Ok...will send a FR soon enough!!

btw....I am not putting a limit on here....just a list of everyone who is interested..usually about two thirds make it....no need for apologies if you can't...

Mind if I join? If I remember... memory like a fish, me.

But I might be one of the quieter ones... I'm a bit of a newbie around here, and I get shy around new people...:nervous:

Mind if I join? If I remember... memory like a fish, me.

But I might be one of the quieter ones... I'm a bit of a newbie around here, and I get shy around new people...:nervous:

Hey, me too. I'm shy too so don't feel afraid, you have friends here.

My name's on the list twice. BTW there's more than 16 people. How are we gonna get everyone in?

Ok sorted....we have never had a full grid yet even when more than 16 sign up.....not everyone can make it for some reason or another so all those that are keen to race tonight should get in.

We have also found that 'clearing the cache' and then turning the PS3 off and on can help with connections issues, like getting into a lounge, not getting booted etc...

This can be found 'in game' in the options menu (scroll all the way down). It takes a minute and can save loads of hassle. Doing this will not delete important data like saves but clears 'temporary data' that accumulates when playing all online games. Do this every day if you play online a lot to improve your online experience.

Ok sorted....we have never had a full grid yet even when more than 16 sign up.....not everyone can make it for some reason or another so all those that are keen to race tonight should get in.

We have also found that 'clearing the cache' and then turning the PS3 off and on can help with connections issues, like getting into a lounge, not getting booted etc...

This can be found 'in game' in the options menu (scroll all the way down). It takes a minute and can save loads of hassle. Doing this will not delete important data like saves but clears 'temporary data' that accumulates when playing all online games. Do this every day if you play online a lot to improve your online experience.

So then what does it delete?

I'll be there! Can you add me to the (encouragingly long) list please?

Hi guys.....just checked the replays and watching ...8,9,10,11.... I don't think anyone can be singleg out as deliberately driving dirty....though armann did get a nasty bump which sent him off. Generally drivers are too keen to overtake and need to be a bit more patient rather than trying to nip in every corner, and drivers who lose their line, hit the wall, shouldn't come across and block someone who is trying to overtake.

Here is a summary of the clean driving rules in the fun racer forums.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=1368

Check them out. The rules are there to maximise everyone's enjoyment.

Thanks to those that turned up....12 on the grid in the end....maybe we will hit the full 16 another time.

Cheers
DJ

EDIT: Next Week sign up

Last edited:
I had great fun chasing bouncyflabs, I discovered after the race, that I somehow by being unfocused before the race had applied some strange settings which slowed me down, and postrace I did a couple of laps with the regular settings cutting 5/10´s of my laptimes!
Looking forward to next mondays race.

Enjoyed last night, first time racing with you GTP guys :)

I was quite shocked with my pole starting position, I couldn't get anywhere near my fastest lap since I set it... right up until the end of the race, my final lap was then the quickest! strange.. think i was too worried about the walls, didn't want ID Racing to catch up lol.

I'd forgotten ID Racing had pitted, thought you'd spun the car or something, as all of the sudden you were 15+ seconds behind... my turn to pitt at lap 14, and accidently bumped into you when exiting - didn't see you :( - I was then in 2nd place, had lots of fun chasing you, it's a shame you took the turn wide before the tunnel.

Think it would have been fun for more laps though, it went too quick lol.

Hopefully will be able to make next week.

I'd forgotten ID Racing had pitted, thought you'd spun the car or something, as all of the sudden you were 15+ seconds behind... my turn to pitt at lap 14, and accidently bumped into you when exiting - didn't see you :( - I was then in 2nd place, had lots of fun chasing you, it's a shame you took the turn wide before the tunnel.

Think it would have been fun for more laps though, it went too quick lol.

These ghost cars spooked me, before the tunnel I tried to avoid ramming into two slower ghost cars that were all over the place, and slammed into the barrier..:banghead: - call me a noob, but I didnt know for sure at that point, that I could actually drive right through them..:)

bouncyflaps, I noticed that fast last lap of yours, it was like you had an extra gear at that point..:)

Last edited:
I'd the same worry near the end ID, wasn't sure what to do and to make it worse I had DJ reeling me in hand over fist:nervous:

Back