Suzuka Surprise Nights, Monday 18th and 25th July

Eidolon_600
Okay, so it's time for a new track in the Fun Racers Club . This time we'll be hitting the Suzuka race track.

As always, everyone is welcome - especially newer drivers. Driving aids are allowed.

We are going to be running a short series consisting of 5 laps around the Suzuka circuit on Monday July 18th & Monday July 27th at 9:00pm UK/Ireland Time

The race will be held in my lounge, so add me if you haven't done so already. My PSN handle is Eidolon_600, and please write "Fun Racers" in the subject.
Please do NOT join the room before 9pm, as this might cause problems in the setup. And please do remember to clear network cache and restart your PS3 before joining.

You will not know what car you are racing until you join the room. The car will be ready to pick up in the garage at 9pm UK time. All you need to do is choose the color and tyres, but I recommend you stay off the comfort softs!

There will be no points awarded.

Please try to keep the racing as clean as possible. But don't be too alarmed about the odd bump, alright? Chatter while driving is more than welcome, so grab your headset.

Please post below if you are interested, even if you are already a member of the club, and/or have raced before. A few is good, but the more the merrier.

Join the Fun Racers for a relaxed racing experience. We've got a handful of events going on, and even more coming up!

See Ya On The Track!

Fun Racers: Monday July 18th

Car: Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R '08

01. Eidolon_600
02. Miata_1
03. Thaddaeus
04. JACK_GTR
05. DJAbacus
06. Damon Hill
07. neige
08. skinny852
09. otakukid96
10. despawn
11. Otsdarva
12. GTP_ADE / ade3210

TBD: Vince_Fiero

Fun Racers: Monday July 25th

Car: ???

01. Eidolon_600
02. Miata_1
03. Thaddaeus
04. JACK_GTR
05. Damon Hill
06. neige
07. otakukid96
08. despawn
09. Otsdarva
10. GTP_ADE / ade3210
11. ID_racing

Last edited:
Put Miata_1 down for the 18th
Put wat3rm370n down for the 25th

:D

PS: Miata_1 was the actual driver in the last race before "I" left... So if he pulled anything tricky, it wasn't me! LOL :D

@ wat3rm370n: Done! Glad to have you both on board.

@ Thad: Yeah, I'm a big fan of Suzuka as well. I've put you down for both weeks :)

Last edited:
Put me down for next Monday please Marcus.....will be sipping my first beer on holiday with any luck around 9pm on the 25th!!! :)

Eidolon my friend choose a cool car please : D ( Not a Saab .. ahahah :P )

Put me down too , i hope being able to join this time : )

@ Jack: Welcome aboard! :)

@ DJ: As you wish, I've put you down for the first race.

@ Gav: Too bad you'll miss this one, I was looking forward to our usual mayhem. Get back home soon, will you? ;)

@ Damon: It's a real bummer that there aren't more Swedish cars in the game... I'd definitely have chosen the Volvo 240 for one of the nights, had it only been in the recommended list, haha!

Fun and reserve together in one event is a difficult one. Not sufficient Scandinavian for that one.

Do not want to commit, left the positions open for others to commit if they want to.
Will see the night itself to join or leave room for the others (have alternative race series running IDOR and Classic ...).

I'm staying out of these two aswell... don't really like that track. But have fun everyone :)

I'll put you down as a reserve driver, Vince. Make sure to add me on PSN if you want to join in come Monday :)

@ Chris: No worries! See you on track in our other events.

@ Markus, Cheers I'll be missing the craziness to. I will be chomping at the bit to get back into it, even if I'm a bit rusty. I've a good idea for a Championship for Fun Racers for when I get back.

sign me up for both, send you a friend request tonight or whatever... i hate this huge time difference :irked:

@ skinny852: Done, see you on track!

@ otakukid96: Hehe, yeah... I imagine that the time difference must be a pain in the arse. I've signed you up for both nights, so do try to be there on time now, will you? ;)

I am wondering if these events are having less exposure now they are in the 'Clubs and Leagues' thread??? A lot less traffic than in the 'Racing series' threads....:indiff:

Put me down for both nights, please, but with a big question mark on the 18th. Working till 10 pm (9 pm UK time)...

No worries, Despawn! Just pop into the lounge when you get back home. Glad to see you're back and racing :)

@DJ: Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing... Don't know if there's a whole lot that we can do about it, though? :irked:

DJ/Eido: Good to see I'm not the only one to notice. I suppose it's just a little draw back we'll have to deal with.

Anywho, put me down for both.

Hello. Could you put me down for 17th, PSN ade3210. I will add you tonite. Cheers, Ade.

Done! Glad to have a new racer among us - welcome! Please do note that the event's taking place tomorrow though, on the 18th... not today on the 17th ;)

Big thanks for letting me race tonight. I know I came last in both races, but this is my first dip into online racing on gt5. I did plenty in gt5p, but so far have only tried the open lounges. Please put me down for next Monday, and in the mean time I will get some practise in my lounge.

Big thanks for letting me race tonight. I know I came last in both races, but this is my first dip into online racing on gt5. I did plenty in gt5p, but so far have only tried the open lounges. Please put me down for next Monday, and in the mean time I will get some practise in my lounge.

the fun racers is a good place to start online racing.....sent you an invite to join the group.....hope this is the first of many online races with us....:)

Back