Suzuki Swift - Season 3 - Carbonox Takes The Title

• Thread starter FlyingFox
  • 359 comments
United Kingdom
St Helens. MSY
FlyingFox_85
8128450490_30ea41efb2_b.jpg

Suzuki Swifts Season 3 is here! After a successful season 1 and 2, we’re back for a third season.
This 6-race series has created some of the best racing in GT Planet ever seen, with all the cars on the same line and with everything depending on the drivers. The grids may have been small but the races have been epic.
Now we're bringing it back with a few minor changes.

Gone are the Sports Hard Tyres and they are replaced by Sports Medium.
The racing has changed too. There are still 2 races per meeting but regardless of the circuit length there will be a 6 lap sprint race and a 14 lap feature race. The feature race will have 1 mandatory pit stop.

The series will be run at 7:30pm GMT Sundays. The starting date will be 4th November.

All races are to be held in my own private lounge so make sure “FlyingFox_85” is on your friends list.

The Car
We will be using the Suzuki Swift '07, available from the premium car dealership at a reasonable price.

The following parts must be added:
Sports Medium Tyres
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (plain or painted)
Sports ECU
Sports Air Filter
Catalytic converter: Sports
Sports exhaust
5 speed close ratio transmission
Clutch: Single Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Fixed Sports Suspension Kit
Aero- Front Type A and Wing Type A

Power is limited to 147hp. The car's weight should be 981kg.
Oil changes, car washes, engine rebuilds etc. are allowed as long as you keep the car to the above specifications.

There will be no transmission, LSD or suspension tuning as you can see. This is a 100% driving skill based series and no one should attempt to go around the rules. If anyone is shown to have an illegal car, he will lose all his points from the entire season.

The Calendar
Each event will have two races. The first race has a 15-minute qualifying session starting at 7:45 which decides the sprint race. The second race is the feature race and will be a reverse grid event.

Grand Valley East: Pole: Spurgy - Race 1: Spurgy - Race 2: Spurgy
Tsukuba: Pole: Spurgy - Race 1: GTP_akmuq - Race 2: Carbonox
Motegi East: Pole: akmuq - Race 1: akmuq - Race 2: akmuq
Cape Ring South: Pole: akmuq - Race 1: Carbonox - Race 2: akmuq
Rome: Pole: Spurgy - Race 1: Nikodemus - Race 2: Ghoztmazta
Laguna Seca: Pole: Spurgy - Race 1: Spurgy - Race 2: Spurgy

Point System
1st - 15
2nd - 12
3rd - 10
4th - 8
5th - 6
6th - 5
7th - 4
8th - 3
9th - 2
10th - 1
Pole position - 1

The pole point will only count for Race 1.

Room Settings
Grip Reduction: Real
Tyre Wear and Fuel Depletion: On
Slipstream Strength: Weak
All aids apart from ABS: Off
Race Quality: Standard
Mics: Standard

Rules

GTP ORL Rules apply

Feature race pit stops MUST be taken between the End of lap 4 and the End of lap 10. Any pit stops taken outside this rule will result in disqualification.

Any incidents will be reviewed by me as I will have all replays saved.

Warnings and Points Deductions will be handed out if necessary

Excessive corner cutting is prohibited.

Foul language and / or other negative conduct in the lobby will result in warnings, point’s deductions and bans. This also includes conduct in the forum.

Entry List
FlyingFox_85
Carbonox
GTP_akmuq
Neljack
chrisjohnson93
MSTER232
Furinkazen
Spurgy
Bullpup
xNikodemusx

Reserves
flimbo84

Final Results
8278208735_3c4c4bd48f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Annoyingly... I'm on holiday for most of this -.- I know someone who may be interested. Look for spurgy777, he might be interested.

The guy who has been literally dominative in WSC? :nervous:

Oh well, doesn't matter because I know I'm the best this time around.

I'm a maybe so I'll sign up as a reserve for now.

This sounds good but I'm on honeymoon for the first three races. I'll join in when I'm back though, if that's cool?

This sounds good but I'm on honeymoon for the first three races. I'll join in when I'm back though, if that's cool?

That's fine mate, I'll put you down as a reserve for now.

Welcome aboard.

I have finally found a use for that old Swift that I've had lying around since GT5 launch. I'll sign up for this.

Uh oh, Sumo's having a look :nervous:

Unfortunately I think that I might have to sign off for this. I'm sorry everyone, but I realized that I won't be able to attend for half of the dates specified...

Its good to have it back Chris and after some testing earlier I'm glad to report that the front end now grips better with the new Sports medium tyres

the car under steering was one of the cars main characteristics of the car throughout the 2 seasons and hopefully the other regulars are joining for this season as well

Just as a notification to all who didn't receive a VM and haven't bothered to count days, it's on Sundays now instead of Fridays. ;)

Back